Search
Register
My ten-minute The Ugly Truth review
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

Storm Davis

I've heard songs off this new album performed live one skillion times myself, I'd venture to guess more times than anyone who hasn't been a tourmate, labelmate, or bedmate, and I'm pretty hyped to hear them in their recorded incarnation.

Then again, I just about always feel that live and album versions of songs are such different animals that they're well worth the admission price to different sonic zoos to see how they behave in different environments.

OHSHITYOMADANALOGYZISHIZD33P

But that's me.
Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
icarus502
kung-pwn master

breakreep wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
breakfast wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
I write under the pen name "Greil Marcus."

Har.
On a serious note, what are you studying again?

I'm kinda weird about saying so on here but if you'll email me or instant message me, I'll tell you all about it.

Ooh me too?

Sure. It's not that exciting, though.
Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:51 pm
Bles

not for nothing icarus... but for someone who throws around the word immature like it's going out of style, you say a lot of shit that a grown man wouldn't need to say when giving his opinion about an album. would have expected better from you.
Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:24 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Brandon, didn't mean to offend. Do you really think it was wrong of me to say that Prolyphic has grown up and that he's a better rapper for it? I haven't seen Robust or heard him rap in six years or so. He might have matured in the intervening time too.
I don't generally "throw around" "immature" but I'm not going to eschew the word when describing a work that just wasn't... mature. That's just how I felt about 'Stick Figures' (which I didn't think was all bad but haven't felt compelled to put on any of my computers since it came out). This album is different, that's the distinction I was making.
Sorry you're disappointed.
Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:31 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3