Search
Register
Survived Another Winter.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

Asterax

Survived Another Winter.  Reply with quote  

I've been listening to this song all morning with the lyrics from here (http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42333)

Having been away from ME for the past four months (and not returning for another five), this song definitely hit a spot deep inside of me. It's not necessarily the song's overall meaning that stays with me, but the fact that it's a song about SNOW. S-N-O-W and what its like to live, think and succeed in winter. I can relate to all this more than I can express in this post. Living in New England winter for years on end requires a certain thinking that Prolyphic, B. Dolan, Alias and Sage all exhibit.

When other artists rap about their geographical regions and I can't fully identify with that, obviously. I will never fully "get" Minnesota winters, DC summers or Cali all-season smog. And if you didn't grow in NE, I don't think you can fully appreciate this song either! like feeling a slight amount of pride in that. A half-smile I can feel on my face, but not enough for another person next to realize that I'm smiling.

Anyway, I don't often make posts like this. I will definitely pick up the Artist Goes Pop 12" with this along with the Ugly Truth.

Thanks.
Post Mon May 12, 2008 11:30 am
knowrites

Re: Survived Another Winter.  Reply with quote  

Asterax wrote:
I've been listening to this song all morning with the lyrics from here (http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42333)

Having been away from ME for the past four months (and not returning for another five), this song definitely hit a spot deep inside of me. It's not necessarily the song's overall meaning that stays with me, but the fact that it's a song about SNOW. S-N-O-W and what its like to live, think and succeed in winter. I can relate to all this more than I can express in this post. Living in New England winter for years on end requires a certain thinking that Prolyphic, B. Dolan, Alias and Sage all exhibit.

When other artists rap about their geographical regions and I can't fully identify with that, obviously. I will never fully "get" Minnesota winters, DC summers or Cali all-season smog. And if you didn't grow in NE, I don't think you can fully appreciate this song either! like feeling a slight amount of pride in that. A half-smile I can feel on my face, but not enough for another person next to realize that I'm smiling.

Anyway, I don't often make posts like this. I will definitely pick up the Artist Goes Pop 12" with this along with the Ugly Truth.

Thanks.

agreed.
i'v probably listened to this song about 6 times today.
it's one of my favorites on the album, and it's probably for similar reasons.
i get dirty looks from rich people though...
don't know why...
Post Mon May 12, 2008 2:39 pm
bbreakz

This is easily on of my favorite songs right now period. Maybe it is because i am from NE, and live in California now, but it defintely hits home. It is funny because i am the antethesis of the song having moved out here and succeeded (sort of). I have begun to miss NH a lot more and really do miss the cold weather and snow. I also love how Alias (i think) brings up the silence of snow. I have written about that. It is one of my favorite parts of a snowstorm, the deafening silence.

Plus this track just bangs. Everyone brings it, i think it B Dolan's best rapping. I saw everyone minus alias do it live, and was hooked. But listening to it on my comp really didn't give me the fully experience. Now that i have The Ugly Truth i put in the truck and just go. When that guitar hits on Alias' rhymes, holy shit, i just lose it.
Post Mon May 12, 2008 3:02 pm
Nathan Shupe

Yeah, I agree. I love this song. The beat is dope, and all four emcees are on point, and they all do a perfect job of staying on topic. I hope to hear more SFR collaborations like this in the future. More posse cuts!

Did anyone notice how the back of the CD case says "Survive Another Winter" instead of "Survived Another Winter"?
Post Mon May 12, 2008 3:14 pm
quasifoto

where can i hear this? is it out yet?
Post Mon May 12, 2008 3:19 pm
Nathan Shupe

quasifoto wrote:
where can i hear this? is it out yet?

It's on the new Prolyphic and Reanimator album "The Ugly Truth"! Don't sleep, the whole album is dope!
Post Mon May 12, 2008 3:21 pm
quasifoto

just bought it, hearing alias rap again made me smile.
Post Mon May 12, 2008 4:20 pm
Buddy Peace

This song has been running all around my head for weeks now. The album is pure dope from start to end but this one really stands out for me - that's one of the catchiest loops I've heard for ages! And it is great to hear Alias on the mic again.

More posse cuts!
Post Tue May 13, 2008 12:37 am

Jump to: