Search
Register
"Ugly Truth" and "Failure" Review Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > SFR Artists, Albums & Merch!

bbreakz

b. dolan wrote:
the instrumental to alias' version is on the 'live evel' ep

Oh yeah it is, and you turn that shit up. Way up. I let it shake my apartment.
Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:47 pm
knowrites

tom inhaler wrote:
the new version of the failure sounds a million times better, thanks to having more time to mix it, and having it mastered. the bombzo poem and "heart failure" are different, the ending is different, and there's a brand new song with sole. plus beautiful brand new artwork, which comes in a digipak (a first for SFR!). this is the failure as it was meant to sound. if you bought the first version and loved it, you should definitely check out the new version.

plus a free t-shirt!

hold on now..
free t-shirt?
what?
i put in my order today at school, when i was like 'FUCK! almost forgot to do this!!'
but... whats going on with this talk of free shirts?
cause... my backs feeling cold right now...
Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:38 pm
AdamBomb

Just got mine today! For the price, I almost feel guilty for all I got. I've only had time to check out the P&R album and it is just sick. Three years was a long time to wait, but the results are well worth it. I hope these guys get the props they deserve. This couldn't have come a better time, either, because today at worked sucked. Thank all you guys, so much! Can't wait to check out the B Dolan disc and Im a def be bumping the instrumentals off Ugly Truth too.

Those who haven't ordered, get off your fat lazy ass and get on it. I can tell you the P&R album is an instant classic.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:54 pm
Nemonic7

Got mine in the mail today. I had a feeling it would come today so i took a sick day off of work. I would have taken a sick day today regaurdless though, wasn't feeling to well and had to catch up on some sleep and my team (Phoenix Suns) season ended yesterday and it was a nice day today plus i had to take care of some other business. Too many reasons not to go to work today.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:54 pm
knowrites

i ordered mine yesterday.
still wondering about the shirt thing...?
but... i'm not sure if mine has shipped, but even if i get it late, this makes up for me forgetting to buy Dolan's tour CD.
...*ASHAMED*
Post Thu May 01, 2008 8:09 am
Reggie

Got mine today.

Dolan's shirt reminds me of the old Thrasher t-shirt "Prevent this Tragedy in Your Family"

haven't listened to either album yet, I threw on Grand Buffet first (ordered it with Dolan/Prolyphic & Reanimator) and this album is fresh
Post Thu May 01, 2008 9:24 am
malpractice
post haste

got mine yesterday as well!! very excited

i havent listened to any of it yet, cuz i havent had time to give it a proper spin, but that's on the agenda for tonight. i cant wait to go home and chill with my headphones.
Post Thu May 01, 2008 12:31 pm
pugg

got both of them yesterday. great stuff. thanks.
so much good music is coming out right now!
Post Thu May 01, 2008 3:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Oh Daesu

....anticipation....building....damn international shipping....
Post Thu May 01, 2008 4:10 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Haha. I just opened Bernard's CD and read the packaging. He said ka-tet! COULD MY LOVE FOR BERNARD DOLAN EXCEED THIS NIRVANA OF THE NOW???
Post Thu May 01, 2008 4:23 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Apparently it could. This album wins. What's the contest? Doesn't fucking matter. This album won.

Joan of Arcadia still grubs at my soul when it plays.
Post Thu May 01, 2008 5:44 pm
Freshman_Woes82

I'm loving "The Ugly Truth". I was taken back by how well what they both do is represented on it. For example, on "Born Alone" when they just let the beat ride at the end...perfect. Most of the time when a producer & MC team up for a whole album it is just beats & rhymes...nothing more, nothing less. This album is a showcase of what both of these artist have to bring to the table. I hope that made sense. Congrats fellas. This album deserves SO much more hype than it's getting. I hope you guys tour soon.
Post Fri May 02, 2008 2:54 pm
Morbidly-O-Beats

Re: "Ugly Truth" and "Failure" Review Th  Reply with quote  

tom inhaler wrote:

"The Ugly Truth" and "The Failure" are available for PRE-ORDER right now!

"The Ugly Truth" comes with a bonus instrumental disc, featuring all the beats (produced by Reanimator) from the album, and a Strange Famous Records sticker.

"The Failure" comes with a B. Dolan sticker and a Strange Famous Records sticker.

or you can pre-order both and save!

All pre-orders will ship to arrive before or on the release date of May 6th.

man i'm bummed i didnt get that B.Dolan sticker. I really digg the cover and wanted the sticker so bad. do u guys have any left? i will totally pay for shipping.
Post Fri May 02, 2008 6:24 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Shit I didn't get a Dolan sticker either. I don't even remember ever reading that.

STICKER!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post Fri May 02, 2008 7:24 pm
smake

Just received my copy of "The Ugly Truth" and listened to the entire thing. It's been a long time since I have been anticipating a record for this long, consuming every bit of information there is, getting more and more excited. It's even more incredible that the record fully lives up to my expectations (and beyond), it is simply amazing.

Reanimators beats are incredible, with bangers like Artis Goes Pop, On The Side and the switch-ups in Broken Bottles and Box Within A Box, to the more mellow Playing With Old Flames, Two Track Mind and Way That I See It. I love the instruments, the guitars, the keyboards and the flutes. To top it off the drums and scratches sound amazing.

Ofcourse Prolyphic is just as good. Lyrically the album is great, with highlights so far for me being Playing With Old Flames, Artist Goes Pop, Survived Another Winter and The Ugly Truth. But I haven't had time to digest all the lyrics and the music. Prolyphic's unique voice shines on this record.

I could continue writing praises about each song, I liked almost every song instantly, but instead I will just stop and listen to the record some more. I know everyone here is talking a lot about the new Atmosphere, I got that one too, and I like it, but for me, this is on another level. The beats are consistently amazing, the lyrics clever yet hard hitting, and the raps are great. For me, this will probably be the best hip-hop album of 2008, and one my favorites ever. Thank you for making this. And also, thank you for printing the lyrics, I am always glad when artists do that.

Ps, the back the record says track 1 is called "99 bottles", but the booklet and the website says "Broken Bottles"...what's it called?

Also, is the ending of The Way That I See It a sample? I love it (the "It's your world if you want it"-part), from which song is it or is it a new part?
Post Sat May 03, 2008 6:47 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next