Search
Register
I hate the use of the word emo, in all of its forms...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

dorkasaurus

all this time and i never knew what the word meant. it all makes sense now, but how lame am i not to know. wow. i feel like a total dork.

after admitting my ignorance, let me state my opinion. who cares if someone labels the music you listen to emotional? all music stirs some emotional response. so technically all music is emo music. right?

and belle and sebastian kick ass. they're a great band and really nice people too.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:49 pm
sequence

I don't like Belle and Sebastian much at all. And as far as the standard usage of the term goes, I don't think they fit the 'emo' mold. While I agree all music should be emotional, unfortunately it isn't. The reason I get so bent out of shape about it is that to me, even though I never liked much music falling under the rubrick, it does mean a specific thing in my eyes and most contemporary uses are totally inaccurate to the historical origin of the term.

Adam
Post Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:13 pm
dorkasaurus

theoretically i should defer to you because of your greater knowledge of the term, but where's the fun in that. plus you don't like belle and sebastian, which in my opinion shows some lack of taste and judgement on your part. no, i shall declare myself an expert and throw the term around shamelessly and without forethought to demonstrate how superior i am to others in all matters of music.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:49 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3