Search
Register
Slaine's Music and Addiction
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

the mean
Certified O.G.

Unrelated, but on that same page, has anyone heard this? I'm curious.

Post Fri May 30, 2008 2:45 pm
jehu

uh oh, is sage gonna get his ass kicked again, like the voicemail bomb threat cat? "have fun with your 15 minutes of 2 and a half years of fame" ha ha
Post Fri May 30, 2008 3:01 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com/readpost.asp?Forum=Common&Whichpage=1&QuestionID=1951176

"I actually don't frequent this board much anymore. That was so 1998! haha. But I see that Slaine and UGHH are milking this thing for all that it is worth so I'll make my official comments now. I would have responded sooner but I just returned home from a European tour last night.

Here is the chronology of what happened:

1) I have a messageboard at strangefamousrecords.com/forum

2) Someone started a thread about Slaine and the ongoing theme about drug use in his lyrics.

3) Some people commented on personal experience with Slaine and posted some music of his.

4) I checked out a couple songs and felt like he was on some second-rate Eminem shit. I also saw that he was connected to Commonwealth Records which I think is a sham record label and/or management company.

5) I made a two sentence response within that thread on MY messageboard saying how I felt about the music.

6) That comment of mine was turned into an online campaign by Slaine, his people and UGHH. Shit...there were myspace bulletins, mass emails and faux news reports.

All that being said, I understand and respect the hustle. They saw an opportunity to pin themselves against someone in their general area who has a stronger following and they don't understand why. What I don't understand is how people can be so upset that I have an opinion on this guy's music. People call me a faggot on this forum all the time. So what? In all these years it has never been said to my face. But even if someone said it to my face I'd be like, "Well...thanks for coming to my show anyway. If you want to sign up for the newsletter I'll be sure to keep you updated on future shows where you can call me a faggot again."

If you want it to be a physical confrontation then I guess it won't play out in the same way. It's really telling that Slaine's first reaction to someone like myself having a negative opinion about his music is one of physical confrontation. We're both 30 year old, fat fucks from blue collar New England. One of us has a career and the other has been slow out the gate. If he wanted access to a larger audience and he played nice then maybe I'd break him off some proper industry advice.

Hell, I played Boston just a month ago to a sold out crowd. If Slaine was trolling my messageboard and he was really upset then he could have made an appearance with his management team. They could have explained to me that there is a new project they're trying to promote with lousy results. Perhaps I would be sympathetic to his cause and play into his charade in a way that worked positively for all parties involved. Isn't that how this WWE-hiphop promotion stuff works?

That being said, if you want future comments you can either have the UGHH news team take a 40 minute trip to Rhode Island for the full story or you can record a dis track. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and work on your street cred. You get no special badge for threatening someone who you consider to be a nerd rapper.

-Sage Francis

www.StrangeFamous.com"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was on page one. Page two is here: http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com/readpost.asp?Forum=Common&Whichpage=1&Whichpage2=2&QuestionID=1951176&SearchYear=

Last edited by Sage Francis on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:21 pm
Mr Jenkins

wonder if that will squash it. makes ya wonder if half the beef in hiphop is legit
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:43 pm
pugg

haha.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shika
shy wench

Fix the link to www.strangefamousrecords.com and you could probably pull some sales away from ughh.com.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:10 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I don't care to pull sales away from that site. In fact, they should hit me up about carrying more albums there. I'm not sure why it's been such a hassel to get an email response from them when they keep pushing this Slaine vs Sage shit. heh. Might as well stock up on my product.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:41 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3