Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Paid Dues 2008 (Sage, B.Dolan, Kool Keith, etc.)
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Author Message
Asterax



Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 1883
Location: Maine
 Reply with quote  

dilly dilly wrote:
b. dolan wrote:
Caroline wrote:
Asterax wrote:


You're not missing much. He does give out panties to the females in the crowd and porn to the males.

true?


i've heard that from multiple sources also. i'm excited to finally catch him live ... i heard he also does a 20 minute medley of just choruses from songs...


I was actually lucky enough to get a tiny blue bra from him.... aweeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

He was also throwing out merch...cd's and such...

funny thing was he had the hyphy hype guy...then he had another dude who just stood in the corner of the stage with his jacket on the whole time... nodding his head... what ever works!


Yeah, did you see him on 4/20/07 @ Space Gallery? This is when I saw him and the coat carrying guy.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Troxell



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 350
 Reply with quote  

MessiahCarey wrote:
b. dolan wrote:
Caroline wrote:
Asterax wrote:


You're not missing much. He does give out panties to the females in the crowd and porn to the males.

true?


i've heard that from multiple sources also. i'm excited to finally catch him live ... i heard he also does a 20 minute medley of just choruses from songs...


I don't beleeeeeeeeeeeeeve you...


This is officially the funniest thing I have read all day! I was just listening to "Matthew" the other day, and starting throwing in "I don't believe you" anytime somebody talked to me. Hilarious! Thanks
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

See, I thought it was rip roaring hilarious too and figured posters were doing secret eyerolls instead of bigging me up for it.

So thanks.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
malpractice
post haste


Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 1706
Location: ohio
 Reply with quote  

laurapalmer wrote:
i looked at this, saw the date, and thought i was about to reward myself with a quick vacation. then i looked a little closer and thought...what the fuck, is this 1999? yak ballz? kool keith? dilated peoples?


yo, dilated and kool keith never go out of style. TIMELESS, i tell you.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
laurapalmer



Joined: 10 Jul 2002
Posts: 1474
 Reply with quote  

malpractice wrote:
laurapalmer wrote:
i looked at this, saw the date, and thought i was about to reward myself with a quick vacation. then i looked a little closer and thought...what the fuck, is this 1999? yak ballz? kool keith? dilated peoples?


yo, dilated and kool keith never go out of style. TIMELESS, i tell you.


i thought the 3rd tenet of backpackerdom was that dilated had one good album. which means that 2000/2001 was the last year they were relevant.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
BR



Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 775
Location: SAN DIEGO
 Reply with quote  

this lineup is a little disappointing compared to the last couple years, but it's definitely worth going to catch sage, dolan, mac, pos, and a couple others. i'm there.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Freshman_Woes82



Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Location: St. Louis, MO
 Reply with quote  

Does Murs pick who performs @ Paid Dues? Anyone know?
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
malpractice
post haste


Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 1706
Location: ohio
 Reply with quote  

laurapalmer wrote:
i thought the 3rd tenet of backpackerdom was that dilated had one good album. which means that 2000/2001 was the last year they were relevant.


who says im a backpacker?
anyway, i'll always have love for those dudes, and the evidence solo album is really good.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
organize



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 961
Location: San Jose, Ca
 Reply with quote  

Freshman_Woes82 wrote:
Does Murs pick who performs @ Paid Dues? Anyone know?


I believe he has his hand in it... Its him and guerilla union
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 21597
 Reply with quote  

Organize is correct.
"Paid Dues" is an event that Murs put together and he gets help from Guerilla Union who put on the "Rock the Bells" events. The effort and risk that goes into throwing these shows is admirable to say the least.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:03 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
BR



Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 775
Location: SAN DIEGO
 Reply with quote  

murs did an in depth interview a couple months ago at access music. he let the audience shout out questions and did his best to explain things. not sure about this year's festival, but he claimed that last year he put it to a vote online as far as the lineup goes.

then he told the story that sage relayed here about him getting up at 5am at some hotel and stopping anyone he could find to tell them about the 'vagina house' posse cut concept. (which still needs to happen!)

he got a $50,000 advance on 'murs for president' and spent it on guest spots from people like snoop. it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

best question from a random fan that day: "so, um... why did you make that dreadlocks song?"
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Jesse



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Posts: 6166
Location: privileged homeless
 Reply with quote  

laurapalmer wrote:
i thought the 3rd tenet of backpackerdom was that dilated had one good album. which means that 2000/2001 was the last year they were relevant.
I'm not supposed to tell you this, but once you reach a higher degree of backpackerdom, they let you in on the secret that it wasn't even a good album, it was just the first few 12"s that were dope.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
b. dolan
FBI agent


Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Posts: 5700
 Reply with quote  

MessiahCarey wrote:
See, I thought it was rip roaring hilarious too and figured posters were doing secret eyerolls instead of bigging me up for it.

So thanks.


it made me smile :)
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mikal kHill



Joined: 29 Jun 2002
Posts: 6852
Location: http://mikalkhill.com
 Reply with quote  

BR wrote:
murs did an in depth interview a couple months ago at access music. he let the audience shout out questions and did his best to explain things. not sure about this year's festival, but he claimed that last year he put it to a vote online as far as the lineup goes.

then he told the story that sage relayed here about him getting up at 5am at some hotel and stopping anyone he could find to tell them about the 'vagina house' posse cut concept. (which still needs to happen!)

he got a $50,000 advance on 'murs for president' and spent it on guest spots from people like snoop. it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

best question from a random fan that day: "so, um... why did you make that dreadlocks song?"


I thought Sage and Murs hated each other. Murs was gonna be on the vagina house cut? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

-kHill
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:41 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 21597
 Reply with quote  

Our differences were pretty much resolved at last year's Paid Dues show.

I don't know if anyone is going to do the Vagina House song. It's going to be a Xaul Zan hit. I've got a lot of Xaul Zan material simmering in the notepad. Kinda sad. haha
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:20 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon