Register
Dear Ron Paul Supporters:
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

dox

Also, major LOLz for this comment quoted in the CNN video:

Ron Paul Political Report, Circa 1992 wrote:
Carjacking is the hip hop thing to do.

Like the Kid n' Play Kick Step!! Or cop killing!!!. Go Ron, it is indeed your birthday.
Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:45 pm
Dan Shay

Embryo wrote:

I think that's the joke he was talking about. Yeah it's tough. I mean that sarcastically and honestly. Sometimes I have a hard time picking battles. And there can be quite a cost in guilt to be paid when you do not choose all of them. I'm still trying to find a way to throw a wrench in the gears of those kinds of conversations without adopting the role of easily-dismissed-hippie that so many racist white folks use to protect their prejudices. Especially since these are invariably people I don't know well. People I know well, I will call out, because it's much easier to do lovingly if I love them.

If they're actually telling jokes, I find this one works well. It's an oldy.

Q: "what do you call a black man flying the plane?"

A: "Pilot! what, are you racist?!"

then start laughing nervously.
Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:46 pm
Embryo

dox wrote:
Lusid wrote:
shambhala wrote:
"I'm gaining ground with the blaaaacks."

I hate when someone uses the term "blacks".

But "African American" is not always the proper term, or at least can be misleading. Like, for example, is an African immigrant considered an African American? He's an African in America, but not necessarily an African American, a term that at least subconciously implies some kind of lineage to slavery. But that immigrant would likely be classified as an "African American." If that immigrant identifies with that term, whatever, it's not my business. But using the blanket, allegedly politically correct term "African American" is not always right.

But that's not what I came here to say. I just wanted to point out that in my head "Blacks" is not an inherently bigoted phrase. However, "the Blacks" screams to me that the person using it only recently accepted the civil rights movement. It sounds one step removed from "colored."

So, in my mind, Ron Paul = bigoted-ass cracker.

But I'm not Black. Or African American. So if someone wants to son me on this, go for it.

Haha. I am pretty sure "blacks" is sometimes appropriate. It's "the blacks" that really displays some serious ignorance. One of those subtle linguistic clues that someone does not consider themselves to be the same category of human as someone else.
Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:52 pm
Lusid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

dox wrote:
But "African American" is not always the proper term, or at least can be misleading.

I'm saying in context, like "we need more blacks to vote" or "the blacks enjoy hip hop".
You should say "we need more black voters" or "black people enjoy hip hop".
It just comes out sounding strange the way they say it.

McCain and burkas:

Last edited by Lusid on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:53 pm
MessiahCarey

Dan Shay wrote:
Embryo wrote:

I think that's the joke he was talking about. Yeah it's tough. I mean that sarcastically and honestly. Sometimes I have a hard time picking battles. And there can be quite a cost in guilt to be paid when you do not choose all of them. I'm still trying to find a way to throw a wrench in the gears of those kinds of conversations without adopting the role of easily-dismissed-hippie that so many racist white folks use to protect their prejudices. Especially since these are invariably people I don't know well. People I know well, I will call out, because it's much easier to do lovingly if I love them.

If they're actually telling jokes, I find this one works well. It's an oldy.

Q: "what do you call a black man flying the plane?"

A: "Pilot! what, are you racist?!"

then start laughing nervously.

That's definitely something I've done on more than one occasion! Haha. Nice.
Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:53 pm
Lusid

Wow, check this:
(no lulzo)

http://digg.com/politics/NAACP_President_Ron_Paul_Is_Not_A_Racist
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:15 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

And by "NAACP President" they mean "president of the Austin, TX branch of the NAACP." And, either way, thanks sir but I can read and I disagree.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:34 pm
Lusid

Well I figure the Austin branch has dealt with more than their share of racism.
But yeah, I just though it was odd.
It would be more convincing if they guy explained why he felt Paul wasn't a racist beyond just knowing him for 20 years, and maybe what he thought about the articles.

You would think if there was a ghostwriter he'd come out by now and admit that he wrote them instead of allowing Paul's entire campaign to be destroyed.
Or not, most people would rather keep their racism anonymous.
Hence the Klan's sheets and youtube commenters.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:50 pm
Nemonic7

I almost forgot there was another forum besides the general one. Anyway Lusid it seems you're the only Ron Paul supporter left, i wonder what you thought of Ron Paul's repeal of the Civil Rights Act? And the possibility of segregation resurfacing and spreading? Anyway point is I disagree and believe with the low percentage of black people in the USA the Civil Rights Act is needed because the only thing besides the Civil Rights Act holding racists from expressing their racism and segregating is the economy and the loss of the business from the low amount of black people in the USA isn't enough to effect the racist's business and we also don't know how many racists are out there and if these laws are just keeping them in hiding. Untill the population is equal I don't think we should be taking the risk of removing the Civil Rights Act just because it seems like racism is rare today. That could just be a result of the laws.

You can either say Ron Paul is racist because he wants to get rid of the Civil Rights Laws or you can say he has faith that there is no more racism in the USA and no need for the Civil Rights Laws.
Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:20 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

he lies and says he didnt write it or wasnt aware, but even if that was true who would want to vote for someone who supposedly isn't swift enough to monitor and be aware of the content of their own newsletter?

i believe he wrote it, but if his claims of "not knowing" were actually true, that would just make him an apathetic fool for not even knowing what was on his own campaign papes.

too idiotic to vote for either way.

but yeah, he wrote that stuff or ok'd and he knows it

**backpeddle**
Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7