Search
Register
Philly Show Review
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

FranktheP

Philly Show Review  Reply with quote  

I noticed not too many reviews are being posted but I thought I would throw one up.

Just a quick note on one of the openers World/Inferno Friendship Society- wow, there are alot of people in that band. They were pretty good- I would imagine that act goes over better live than on record. We did not get there early enough for the Cobra Skulls nor did I stay for Against Me!

Sage was on next and if people did not know him I think they were shocked a little bit- a lone hip hop artist with a cd player. My daughter and I loved it (her 2nd Sage show this year). The talking between songs and the dancing was awesome. He played little off of HTDD but did the "hits"- Damage, Sea Lion, Broken Wings, Climb Tree, Ghandi, Makeshift, Dance Monkey, Crack Pipes, Hell of a year and a couple more. The sound was pretty good for that venue and from our seats in the back you could tell he won some people over by the end. The applause at the end was much more than I thought that crowd would give him.

On a personal note, Sage, you made my daughter's night. About an hour before the show, she was cut from her basketball team and she was not feeling real good about it. But on the way to the show I told her she might get to meet you and she perked up a bit. But as we stood at the merch booth, she got nervous and asked me if you would "be mean". I told her to stick out her hand and say thanks and you could not have been nicer to her. She walked out of there floating on air from the 30 seconds or so you spent with her and she did not stop smiling the whole ride home. Thank you very much (and thanks for the stickers).
Post Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:09 am
johnnycade

i had a really good time. i was happy at how the set was so free, giving you a chance to mess around with some stuff and get away from the death dance tour. loved the NIN beat and the "singing", hated the crowd. i am an AM! fan, but good lord did i have some terrible surroundings. little guys fighting little girls next to me, people screaming over the acapella/spoken word stuff about how they didn't know what you were talking about, etc. i know you're on this tour to shake some things up, and i can appreciate that regardless of certain negative outcomes. the sound was pretty good, especially compared to the last troc show. all and all, had a blast.

i'll be heading out to buck/dolan in a little while and am looking forward to an awesome intimate environment tonight.
Post Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Frank,
Your daughter is a super cutie. I'm sorry to hear she got cut from the basketball team. I remember you telling the forum that she was having problems with the kids at school, and after meeting her it upsets me even more. she rocks.
Post Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:47 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

frank, if you're coming tonight, holler atcha boy beforehand!
Post Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:52 pm
FranktheP

Sorry I had to miss you B., the wife was out and the kids aren't 21! I do look forward to meeting you next time.

Thanks again for the kind words Sage. She was talking about it all day yesterday!
Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to: