Search
Register
providence show with against me
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

providence show with against me  Reply with quote  

Times changed at Lupos because they have their little dance party afterwards.

Just found out

Last edited by Sage Francis on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:18 pm
futuristxen

whoa sock hop!
Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:10 pm
Lusid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

I wish there was some sort of bullet train from here to up there.
(this future is so sucky compared to the one I envisioned as a tot. I didn't foresee the internet though, so eh I guess)
Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:15 pm
MessiahCarey

Snarf, a bullet train from Thundera, snarf?

I don't think so, Lion-o
Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:20 pm
futuristxen

Got in a little late, but it was still fun. Saw Against Me for the first time and enjoyed watching the crowd as much as band. Never found Blackstone. I told Cakes to look for the guy with Aviator glasses on. But that didn't work either. Saw Jared Paul and awkwarded something between what Jared called "dap" and a handshake. I've had this problem before. There needs to be less hand options for saying hello. And there should be clear indication of which one you're going for before the other person has time to respond accordingly. There's also some ambiguity between the high five and some versions of the "hug", it's important that these are especially carefully delineated I think, because getting a hug when you were bracing for a high five can be quite the ordeal.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:23 am
Mikal kHill

Although I've learned to overcome it, I've always had a pretty serious disdain for shaking hands.

Which I coulda been there...

:(

-kHill
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:25 am
Jared Paul

ha yes Sarah, we've pattented the Taradactyl shake. we're gonna be famous!!

i caught frank's set and against me; what a fantastic high energy night. the against me fans i was surrounded by during frank's songs were not feelin' me screaming the words hardcore style. and, i think they were a little confused that a semi-crusty kid with a homade haircut, black boots, and punk patch laden jacket was there for Sage Franics and not the headliner..
maybe i ruined your show for them Dad?!
a la Ani DiFranco fan style...?

sorry G. i get excited.
impromptu insertion of Mr. Feel Nuthin'?

i can't not rap along to escape artist.
maybe i'll bring my own mic next time;
cordless from the crowd... like Avail's hype man?

or maybe we can just have Tom muzzle me before the show.

great band. great chemistry. great job. great show.
definitely opening up some new eyes.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
b. dolan
FBI agent

futuristxen wrote:
Got in a little late, but it was still fun. Saw Against Me for the first time and enjoyed watching the crowd as much as band. Never found Blackstone. I told Cakes to look for the guy with Aviator glasses on. But that didn't work either. Saw Jared Paul and awkwarded something between what Jared called "dap" and a handshake. I've had this problem before. There needs to be less hand options for saying hello. And there should be clear indication of which one you're going for before the other person has time to respond accordingly. There's also some ambiguity between the high five and some versions of the "hug", it's important that these are especially carefully delineated I think, because getting a hug when you were bracing for a high five can be quite the ordeal.

this is a good place to work this out.

me and you have been having handshake difficulties for quite some time now.

i think we should settle on a form of hand greeting now, and stick with it.

i got nothin but love for ya!

i'm ready with whatever you choose. let's make this happen.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:37 am
futuristxen

b. dolan wrote:
futuristxen wrote:

this is a good place to work this out.

me and you have been having handshake difficulties for quite some time now.

i think we should settle on a form of hand greeting now, and stick with it.

i got nothin but love for ya!

i'm ready with whatever you choose. let's make this happen.

If it's not too much trouble then I'd like to do the handshake. It's straight, to the point, and sincere. Sorry, I'm a simple girl raised on simple midwestern values. All my training is in standard handshake-ology. There's so many nuances to the straightforward handshake that I think people overlook because of the ornateness of some of the other hand pressing options. There's like the extension, like distance, length of time, pressure of squeeze, one hand or two hand--the options of what you can communicate with it are limitless.

And if you so decide it leaves you in a good position for an impromptu thumb wrestling war.

Actually I may change my mind on this. While under normal conditions I prefer the handshake, I also really like bumping fists. I dunno. For now though let's just work on the normal handshake.

Hahaha I was thinking about our handshake problem while I typed that. Jared was the tipping point for me to realize my handshaking problems.

OOoooo. Also of note was Ms. Cakes battling 3 hours of traffic and bad weather to make it down to hang out with Niki, Bob, and I and then later Mr. Shane himself(who himself overcame wisdom teeth troubles to come out to the show). Good stuff.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:39 am
cakes

good news is, it only took me under two to get to work this morning. i laugh at myself in which ways i'm stubborn. no, i WILL make it to johnny rockets and eat chicken fingers if it kills me. once i decide, i'm in. :)

i had no expectations of Against Me, but certainly enjoyed the show. like sarah, i had just as much fun watching the crowd. i don't think i'd be a very good punk fan. people bump into me, my first reaction is to bump back, a lot harder. i suppose that's the whole point, but i'm pretty sure there would be more blood than smiles. we got to stand where all the cats stumbled out of the crowd. it was entertaining to say the least.

francis, i thoroughly enjoyed the wardrobe. as always, you four were lovely.

you guys think handshake vs. pounds are tough, at least there's no confusion with sequences of kisses and accidental head buts as a result.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:46 am
futuristxen

cakes wrote:

francis, i thoroughly enjoyed the wardrobe. as always, you four were lovely.

Ditto!
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:52 am
diane

pictures please!
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:47 am
futuristxen

diane wrote:
pictures please!

My phone was dead :( So I was unable to get photographic evidence of many of the events from last night recorded. I hope someone else took pictures though.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:56 am
MessiahCarey

Y'all know I suck at that shit.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:21 am
cakes

every now and then i think i should invest in a digital camera, and then i remember that i'm terrible at taking candids. i would be nothing but a disappointment.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:21 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next