Search
Register
a GREAT upcoming weekend for philadelphia
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Burkey

bump to see if anyone knows what time sage is going on
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:37 pm
FranktheP

Pure guess: Show starts at 7:30 so I would say first band done by 8:00 next band done by 8:45 and Sage on about 9pm.
Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:35 pm
johnnycade

follow up -

i had a blast this weekend. i already commented on the Sage/AM! show in Frankie's thread, but still props nonetheless.

i have been to four shows over the last 2 weeks, and last night's buck/dolan show at johnny brenda's was my favorite. bernard's set was awesome, i was excited to see something beyond the (now infamous in philly) bombzo piece. i picked up The Failure and am just about to put it on some headphones and take it all in. nice to meet you bernard and good luck with the rest of the tour.

buck had the room dancing and jaw dropped at the same time. that is, the fucking section of the room that wasn't frat boying it up at the bar behind us. completely ruined what could have been the emotional high point of the show with their chatty cathy shenanigans and disruption. it sucked to see buck visibly frustrated and bail out on the song, but i don't blame him. he continued on well and brought the place down regardless.

loads of fun. all the best and hope to see you guys again soon.
Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:15 pm
laurapalmer

johnnycade wrote:
follow up -

i had a blast this weekend. i already commented on the Sage/AM! show in Frankie's thread, but still props nonetheless.

i have been to four shows over the last 2 weeks, and last night's buck/dolan show at johnny brenda's was my favorite. bernard's set was awesome, i was excited to see something beyond the (now infamous in philly) bombzo piece. i picked up The Failure and am just about to put it on some headphones and take it all in. nice to meet you bernard and good luck with the rest of the tour.

buck had the room dancing and jaw dropped at the same time. that is, the fucking section of the room that wasn't frat boying it up at the bar behind us. completely ruined what could have been the emotional high point of the show with their chatty cathy shenanigans and disruption. it sucked to see buck visibly frustrated and bail out on the song, but i don't blame him. he continued on well and brought the place down regardless.

loads of fun. all the best and hope to see you guys again soon.

i didn't even notice that. the ursinus rugby team dudes were enjoying the hell out of the show though. but they seemed to be more fun/supportive than disruptive.
Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:37 pm
johnnycade

i'm definitely not talking about the rugby guys, they seemed to be way into it, mouthing along every word. i just used the term 'frat boy' to describe the obnoxious behavior of the guys at the bar. didn't you notice when buck started and then stopped abruptly and said (paraphrasing) "its too hard to do a song about one of the most emotionally challenging times of my life while those guys are over there blabbermouthing"?

i mean i'm happy he rocked it they way he did, i just wish there was less brodude laughter, more buck.
Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:51 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2