Search
Register
The Detroit Thing
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

icarus502
kung-pwn master

I was never an Against Me! fan at all. However, I did like some of the songs when they were playing on buckets. Reinventing Axl Rose was solid for what it was. That 'Eternal Cowboy' thing was terrible. I stopped living with people who gave a shit about them after that album so I can't say anything about their more recent output. However, I'm not a fan and, yeah, I'd much rather see Buck and Bastid do a tight set than see AM! do anything.
Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:11 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

roll call

i'm working 4am til 4pm on Tuesday and Wednesday (ahh, the life of a baker near a holiday!).. but i'm still going to try hard to make it to the b&b show.. if you see some chubby dude falling asleep while stranding up, it's probably me..
Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:36 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I recommend the buck and bernard show.

if you decide you want to come to my show, don't let money be a reason to skip out on the other. I have an open guest list at the moment for my show. If you email me at sagefrancis at gmail.com before 4 pm on the day of the show with all you're info I'll let you know if you're on the list
Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:15 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Due to the holiday, our babysitter is out of town so, unless something changes tomorrow, ms. icarus and I will miss both shows.
Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:39 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Ah. That sucks, man.
Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:29 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

restricted license just paid 250 to the probation dept

:(
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:04 pm
Corey_AM

Went to the Sage/AM! show. Sage was great as always... I almost forgot he wasn't headlining and got sad when he said he had only a few more songs. I can't believe I dodged the cigarette. Caught me completely off guard.

I was pretty surprised by the amount of Sage supporters. I really thought my small group of friends would be it. And, I was overhearing stuff like "He is way better than I thought he'd be." from the crowd. Got a couple odd looks and comments from my stalker shirt from folks. That's always fun. Especially when fuckers are walking around with mohawks but they can't believe Natalie has a stalker.

I was a bit disappointed by Against Me! as far as their song selections and crowd interaction. They didn't say anything to the crowd whatsoever... is that normal for a punk/rock show?

They brought tons of energy from start to finish and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. They mostly did new stuff which was frustrating because most of what I listen to of theirs is off "...former clarity". I guess thats what I get for not being a complete fan.

So, how was the B&B show? I wish I would have pulled off seeing both but I just couldn't do it. I know I was told to go to the Magic Stick instead but I didn't... we did listen to buck on the way.

Also, Pontiac is wack.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:03 am
theprophet1986

B&B was great. small crowd, but it was still a lot of fun. buck was hilarious.
Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:14 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2