Search
Register
Bernard Dolan & PROLYPHIC at as220 this Thursday
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

futuristxen

So so so excited for this.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:14 pm
tom inhaler
me too!

wow. i think we got some great stuff recorded, lets see if the computer did its job properly!

thanks to those who came out last minute, i appreciate it.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:05 pm
IAmNiki

yeah. cracka smiley or whatever his name was - one of the best things ive seen in a while
Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:32 pm
futuristxen

IAmNiki wrote:
yeah. cracka smiley or whatever his name was - one of the best things ive seen in a while

2nd'ed.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:30 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

man, i had a very good time tonight.

originally i was only planning to do two poems, because a.) those are the ones i had to record and 2.) i didn't know what kind of event this was, or how much time it was safe to take up.

but when i got there and saw how it was going down, then got my time pushed back, then realized it was a fucking shitty shithole thunderstorm outside, i suddenly felt like i owed a bigger debt to those who came out :)

so, i wound up doing a 30 minute set, complete with awkward encore from sneaky pete... i was genuinely having a lot of fun and really glad it turned out the way it did.
it felt special and intimate ... like a conversation with friends. you guys created an ideal environment to record in, really. big thanks to everyone who came out.

i think last night's recording of 'the skycycle blues' (evel poem) is the one we'll most likely use, and i've also posted two more poems from last night on my myspace page... joan of arcadia and still electric from last night are up now.

http://www.myspace.com/bernarddolan

thanks again to everyone.
b

p.s. Sneaky Pete has just become the name of a character in the Electric Whiteboy Revival. Doin' it.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP!
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:43 am
futuristxen

b. dolan wrote:

p.s. Sneaky Pete has just become the name of a character in the Electric Whiteboy Revival. Doin' it.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP!

Hahahahahahaha
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:29 am
futuristxen

After confirming that I wasn't the only one who thought this, I'll just throw this out there--Did Sneaky Pete not look like a Sage Francis doppleganger? When I first got there I thought it was Sage and he was doing the character of the shady promoter.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:00 am
MessiahCarey

Sneaky Pete definitely has some sage-esque facial qualities.

But...he's called SNEAKY PETE and he's a PROMOTER. You can't even make that shit up. I wish all promoters were just as forthright. ;-)

Jokes aside, he actually seems like a nice guy who's trying to give local hip hop some shine and I remember when it was like that.

Saw these three kids when I got there rapping to each other, laughing, passing the mic around (it was off) and I kind of got very nostalgic for the days at the Met Cafe, cyphering in the bathroom over blunts of epic proportions and just having fun each Tuesday night. Boo. I don't want to feel old.

If I did hip hop again, I'd definitely hit up Songs in the Key of Hip Hop. Which is weird, because it was kind of a flop (the attendance was pretty shameful) Between this and finding an old LP I finished 80% of and never finished, I'm getting kind of anxious. Ah well.

Then seeing Prolyphic do his thing I was like "fuck man...fuck." Sounded good...his voice is very powerful when he gets all up ons.

Bernard is always intense, and this was no exception...the new character is brilliant, and his command of the environment was quite premium.

I had a great time. Even though I'm tired as fuck at work right now, jerks.

Last edited by MessiahCarey on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:08 am
futuristxen

This was the best photo I could find.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:10 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

i can see the resemblence there.

But when i was talking to him I didn't see it much.

I mean...bald whiteboys with similar facial hair....a lot of us tell each other how much we look alike all the time and it never gets old.

but that picture does look like a mophed picture of me from early 2000s
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:12 am
futuristxen

Prolyphic did some songs from the album with reanimator, I can't wait to get that. Been waiting for it for a minute. It sounds like its going to be really good. Which isn't a suprise given the people involved.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:23 am
mizterie

crackah smiley is going to stay embedded in my memory until i'm old and on my death bed. the last thing i will ever see is crackah smiley's face staring religion into my face. then i'll snarl back and die.

that show was GREAT. even when sneaky pete was singrapping over prolyphic's last song. i was trying my fucking hardest not to laugh. and busting out into a song out of nowhere while prolyphic was still on stage.

i think i've seen still electric twice before, and it's even more mind blowing to me. everything from the sounds to the movements to the words. it seems put together so perfectly.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:00 pm
MessiahCarey

Still Electric is my favourite.

Thing about Sneaky Pete that was definitely BAD on the rap tip is that he was rapping over a guiding vocal track. Horseshit.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:20 pm
futuristxen

what's a guiding vocal track?
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:51 pm
mizterie

is electric whiteboy revival gonna be on the cd?
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:54 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next