Search
Register
rock the bells, san francisco
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Nozebleed

organize wrote:
Did anyone else find Murs disappointing?

i always do. i'm glad the living legends weren't there as well.
Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
organize

Nozebleed wrote:
organize wrote:
Did anyone else find Murs disappointing?

i always do. i'm glad the living legends weren't there as well.

I dont mind them as a whole... but Murs by himself is weak.

they passed out URB magazine yesterday with Murs on the front with a caption

The Front Runner :: After a decade in the underground, Murs throws his hat into the major label ring

let me quote from the HORSES mouth

"To me, rap is one of the worst forms of live music...the worst form of live music on the planet, he says. Its horrible. Its getting better, but we still have a lot to do. But I think Im one of the better live performers as far as hiphop goes."

His show is weak... I walked out halfway through his set yesterday when he started talking shit about the Giants.
Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:30 pm
Dialectz

AirTreesWaterAnimals wrote:
Dialectz wrote:
yeah the 2nd stage didnt start i think till like 1?
wasnt living legends and nas supposed to show up to?

Living Legends were not supposed to be there. Nas was supposed be, but canceled. I think he was officially removed the lineup a while ago though, it wasn't just an issue of being a no-show.

Ahhh alright. I didnt really look at the lineup, my sisters buddy was complaining the whole time about living legends bailing so i was confused
Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:57 pm
AirTreesWaterAnimals

Hiero headlined the indie stage in SF. Living Legends may have only been on the east coast. I think there was a lot of confusion about the lineup in general, mostly because it changed quite a bit at each show.
Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:48 pm
DiViNCi gnosis
revorutionary

I remember seeing Nas and I think Living Legends on the original line up for this show.. either way I had so much fun and hung out with a lot of unexpected people all day backstage, some that I knew prior to this event and some that I didn't.

RTB SF Highlights and Facts

-RAGE made my month so great and amazing, Bondi (Tonya) and I were flipping out.

-Ya know how must rappers/famous people are a lot smaller in real life. Wu-Tang is the exception to this rule. Most of them are pretty tall and they all look like a bigger action figure version of themselves.

-Chuck D is awesome.

-Flavor Flav loves his iPhone.

-Zach De La Rocha looks like an unkempt Adeem with an Afro.. NO JOKE!

-All Redman does, is smoke weed.. nonstop.

-This is the third festival that I have unexpectedly run in to Mike Patton. He introduced me to Scott Ian from Anthrax.. nice.

-Cypress Hill rolls with a crew of large vatos and bleach blonde car-show-type women.

-Rage makes A LOT of money.

-My boy, DJ Lord (public enemy's DJ), took me on to the PE trailer.. nice.

-My boy Sage Friggidy got me in the Rock The Bells artist Group Shot, which in itself was a pretty surreal event.. real nice.

-In a last minute change of events I was Sage's CD-DJ for two songs.

-I'm glad I don't drink. The "beer garden" was unofficially the third stage of RTB as it was just as packed as the first two, all day long.

-DM is Asian, who knew? Not me. Being that he's my fav poster on this board/ the one I agree with the most, I'd say that's another point for the A-Team. viva ra revorution.

-The Weather couldn't have been more perfect for such an event. Not a cloud in the sky, wonderful warmth cooled by a steady and often crazy, but beautiful breeze.

-Security was really, really on point. From my perspective, this thing was put on with razor-sharp precision and seemed like it went really smooth. Looks like it's come a long way from when it started.. it should have, they have had a lot of practice. Either that or they mask the mayhem well.[/b]
Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:29 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

the line to enter stretched forever.

they published five different line ups so no one knew who went on when.

the lineup placed far superior acts before far worse acts. pharoahe before murs? what?

the sound for half the acts was fucked.

to me, it seemed only slightly better than the original one in san bernardino a few years back. i won't go to a rock the bells show again.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:47 am
DM

DiViNCi gnosis wrote:
I remember seeing Nas and I think Living Legends on the original line up for this show.. either way I had so much fun and hung out with a lot of unexpected people all day backstage, some that I knew prior to this event and some that I didn't.

RTB SF Highlights and Facts

-RAGE made my month so great and amazing, Bondi (Tonya) and I were flipping out.

-Ya know how must rappers/famous people are a lot smaller in real life. Wu-Tang is the exception to this rule. Most of them are pretty tall and they all look like a bigger action figure version of themselves.

-Chuck D is awesome.

-Flavor Flav loves his iPhone.

-Zach De La Rocha looks like an unkempt Adeem with an Afro.. NO JOKE!

-All Redman does, is smoke weed.. nonstop.

-This is the third festival that I have unexpectedly run in to Mike Patton. He introduced me to Scott Ian from Anthrax.. nice.

-Cypress Hill rolls with a crew of large vatos and bleach blonde car-show-type women.

-Rage makes A LOT of money.

-My boy, DJ Lord (public enemy's DJ), took me on to the PE trailer.. nice.

-My boy Sage Friggidy got me in the Rock The Bells artist Group Shot, which in itself was a pretty surreal event.. real nice.

-In a last minute change of events I was Sage's CD-DJ for two songs.

-I'm glad I don't drink. The "beer garden" was unofficially the third stage of RTB as it was just as packed as the first two, all day long.

-DM is Asian, who knew? Not me. Being that he's my fav poster on this board/ the one I agree with the most, I'd say that's another point for the A-Team. viva ra revorution.

-The Weather couldn't have been more perfect for such an event. Not a cloud in the sky, wonderful warmth cooled by a steady and often crazy, but beautiful breeze.

-Security was really, really on point. From my perspective, this thing was put on with razor-sharp precision and seemed like it went really smooth. Looks like it's come a long way from when it started.. it should have, they have had a lot of practice. Either that or they mask the mayhem well.[/b]

Dude, I can totally vouch for everything. Wu-Tang are surreal looking, Redman chills and leaves repeatedly from smoke-filled trailer, and the Adeem comparison is totally on point (and hilarious). Zach looks like Adeem on his fifth day of homelessness.

AND Chuck D is one of the most humble, lovable dudes ever. Rage fucking slayed, and the weather was on point. And Divinci's Asian like me.

I had an amazing time.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:00 am
Say Sam Ting

The show was great, Almost missed sage.. luckily we cut inline when everyone was entering through the bridge..

I saw Divinci to the side of the stage.. I yelled his name.. and gave him the head nod.. Yep that was me with the yellow shirt..

Saw Sage walk around also.. i passed by him once, but I had to run to the Porto Potties.. and no.. i didnt reuinite my shit with the other shit..

Im glad I got to see rage.. Tom Morelo is great.. he looks like a humble guy who doesnt rock out but man.. he's nuts..
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:53 am
organize

Rahzel blew my mind... He had more bass come out of his mouth than anyones set that I saw.

Did anyone else find an actual artists merch table? All I could find was Immortal Techniques...
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 am
clouddead77

organize wrote:
Rahzel blew my mind... He had more bass come out of his mouth than anyones set that I saw.

Did anyone else find an actual artists merch table? All I could find was Immortal Techniques...

I saw Rahzel last year with Peeping Tom...they gave him about 7-10 minutes on stage by himself. The bass was surreal

A midwestern stop of this show would be great...instead of breaking it up into Paid Dues at the beginning of the month, RTB tour at the end of the month, and Rage playing an hour and a half away in Wisconsin.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:28 am
um

Sage Vs. EPMD....that was a toughy
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:09 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

ah. That's why I missed EPMD
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:11 pm
AirTreesWaterAnimals

um wrote:
Sage Vs. EPMD....that was a toughy

Don't forget Blackstar.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:18 pm
organize

Sage Francis wrote:
ah. That's why I missed EPMD

Saturday was the first time that I heard you do Inherited Scars. Im pretty sure the past 3 shows that I saw you at (The Avalon in Santa Clara, Riott Festival, The Fillmore) you didnt do it. Am I wrong, or do you normally not put that in your set?
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:25 pm
Dialectz

dude did anyone catch the hoola hoop girl? that shit had me laughing for ages when i saw her doing it during sages set
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:22 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next