Search
Register
Rock the Bells San Bernadino, CA
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

organize

well I hope this Saturday will be better for you... Ive got a bunch of people, that have never seen you live before, coming to the show.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:59 pm
Pent uP

The roots did get a bad response, and they deserved it, except for the james brown tribue

And no offense but your analysis of the show was close minded and awful

I was there too and I spent time torn between the two stages. Doom ali and francis on the independant stage were off the hook

What surprised and pissed me off was that murs was on both stages and he played some songs twice. That's just unprofessional.

I might drop my expierence later but rage was fucking BONKERS to say the least.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:56 pm
albeeyap2

This vid shows three parts of Rage's performance. From their introduction to their ending performance in Testify. I also video tapped the scenery of what was going on with the audience during the performance. People who were not suppose to be on top of the light towers. Fans trying to break thru gates. Police helicopter roaming around the audience during the performance. People moshing around fire. It was dim and if the footage happens to shake, people are just getting crazy next to me. Keep in mind that the video is compressed.

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:09 pm
Say Sam Ting

who's going to the San Fran Rock the bells by the way?
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:36 pm
albeeyap2

i am. i got to make up for this last one. Supposedly bay area host, Francis is hooking it up backstage for the event.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:00 pm
albeeyap2

Pent uP wrote:
The roots did get a bad response, and they deserved it, except for the james brown tribue

The Roots did not get a good response ONLY during the james brown tribute idiot.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:06 pm
organize

albeeyap2 wrote:
i am. i got to make up for this last one. Supposedly bay area host, Francis is hooking it up backstage for the event.

??? please elaborate
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:09 pm
albeeyap2

My girlfriend grew up with Francis. He has been hosting and hyping hip hop shows with beatjunkies and triple threat in the bay area. My girlfriend wants backstage when she sees Rage.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:13 pm
Pent uP

albeeyap2 wrote:
Pent uP wrote:

The Roots did not get a good response ONLY during the james brown tribute idiot.

Maybe that's what it sounded like from the air conditioned comfort of a seat but from the grass it was quite the opposite
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:35 pm
EatTheMeek

Pent uP wrote:

And no offense but your analysis of the show was close minded and awful

I was there too and I spent time torn between the two stages. Doom ali and francis on the independant stage were off the hook

What surprised and pissed me off was that murs was on both stages and he played some songs twice. That's just unprofessional.

I might drop my expierence later but rage was fucking BONKERS to say the least.

Totally agreed, especially in your feelings on that review.

I had largely the same experience as you and found that the paid dues stage was WAY more fun than the main stage. I'll write up about my experience later.

I don't know if I'm the only one to feel this way, but I felt that this was by far the worst performance I've ever seen RATM give. They missed a lot of cues, notes and moments. There was like 30-45 seconds of blackness and silence between songs, which totally killed a lot of the momentum. I saw rage a number of times back in the 90s and also caught their set at coachella, and this was them at their weakest IMO. It was like they didn't practice this stuff at all and were just winging it. From where I was in the grass the crowd was pretty mellow for Rage (the mellowest rage crowd I've ever seen), maybe it was because there were a lot of hip hiop kids or people were just tired from a day in the sun (or just breathing in too much toxic air from some idiots who decided to start bonfires with plastic cups), but there was def a lot of standing around.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:15 pm
SergOne

mzehe916 wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
The san fran show we played last week was lame.
huh? what? when and where was this?

paid dues and rock the bells are two different tours. Paid dues is over. rock the bells still has some dates
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
albeeyap2

Yeah, i also thought the crowd was too mellow during rage ay Rock the Bells. Rage performing at Coachella was much more exhilarating to me. I guess it's because Coachella was really a special moment for Rage since it's their first official time performing together. At Rock the Bells, they didn't open up with Testify like they did at Coachella which really got the crowd beserk. Plus there set was less than an hour. All i got to see at Rock the Bells that was different from Coachellas performance was the different order of songs they performed. They didn't perform the ending of Wake Up which Zack usually gives his speech. Zack was smiling a lot during his performance. So much for being hardcore.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:36 pm
PatrickBateman

I mostly stuck with more mainstream acts during this show, since I catch you clowns pretty often. This show did wonders for me. I came out from Florida. I'm sitting in a hostel in Venice Beach right now, loving life. Tear gas, fires, 10 dollar beers. BUT. Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Rage Against the Machine. For a ginormous hiphop event outside of LA, the crowd was real friendly. People picked each other up in the pit, shared their weed and smiled a lot. I love this state.
Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:07 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
albeeyap2

PatrickBateman wrote:
I'm sitting in a hostel in Venice Beach right now, loving life. I love this state.

nice. i went biking with my sister from Santa Monica Promenade to Venice three weeks ago to catch the California 2007 Rap Championship battle. We couldn't find the battle spot though.
Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:27 am
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

this was my first time seeing rage (im not a rage fan) but where I was, the crowd was really into it. People were moshing around a fire and such.

But I did spend most of my time at the paid dues stage, my cousin who doesn't listen to any non-mainstream rap loved the paid dues stage, in particular sage's performance (i think he liked your wig)

fun overall.

Last edited by O2K on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:05 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next