Search
Register
Rock the Bells - NYC
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

mizterie

that was my first laugh of the day. thank you shane.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:41 pm
note1

Yesterday was crazy, the rain kinda made it one of those fun shared experiences were everyone is miserable so its cool.

Question of the day, why wasn't ghostface up on stage with Wutang? They had a ghostface looking dude up there tryin to pass him off as the real deal...pretty weak if thats the case.

Also yes Flava needs to chill. PE came out with great energy then Flava ground that to a halt.

Zack is awesome....really sounded great (the sound overall was better than average especially for an outdoor hiphop show).

Anyone else watch the UFC mud fighting that broke out during Rakims set? Shit was crazy.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:27 pm
Harpsichord

Lusid wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:

Yeah, they'd stand-there-with-their-arms-folded each other to death.

haha.

haha, I don't agree but that's a great line.

and yeah, there was a such a high fratboy quotient there that I totally expected to get my shit ruined, but it was indeed a positive energy that was flowing. Everyone bouncing and no one really getting that hurt, at least where I was (although I did see a few battered people earlier in the day).
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:47 pm
MessiahCarey

See, fratboys never lasted very long in the mosh pits I grew up in. Their COCKS hats would be stained with blood when they left. Unless the fratboys had "FSU" hats, they were always the least of your worries...more likely was the kid who's girlfriend you just made out with backstage tagging you in the pit.

People don't mosh to Lamb of G-d, do they? I mean...I can see the bandana-wielding numetal kids that liike LofG as sort of an ironic "I'm metal" thing causing a problem - but quite frankly, the one time I saw Lamb of G-d the crowd was borderline goth. The most extreme movement I thought I saw was one of the girls in the front row swaying pensively to one of their orchestrated interludes.

Now, I would love to throw a few of those whitehats into a 1994 Earth Crisis show and see how they do.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:16 pm
Blackstone Valley

MessiahCarey wrote:
See, fratboys never lasted very long in the mosh pits I grew up in. Their COCKS hats would be stained with blood when they left. Unless the fratboys had "FSU" hats, they were always the least of your worries...

quoted for truth.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:20 pm
jrspudsquad

MessiahCarey wrote:
jrspudsquad wrote:
if you replaced the audience with lamb of god fans, there'd probably be some fatalities.

Yeah, they'd stand-there-with-their-arms-folded each other to death.

What are you talking about?

bad example? i don't go to metal concerts nor do i listen to much of it. I've been to like 2 non-hip hop shows and they were both robert randolph.

I think you all know what i'm getting at. Maybe i should have said Gwar? maybe i don't know what i'm talking about. someone help me out.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:03 pm
MessiahCarey

Ok, fair enough.

I'd have said All Out War, but most people would just look at me funny.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:04 pm
AnteBa77

The show on Sunday was the most complete concert, musically, I've ever, and more than likely, will ever attend.

Public Enemy is beyond amazing. That is all I can say.
Rage Against the Machine controlled the crowd completely, ridiculous experience. Morello is a god.
Wu-Tang was ok, but not as good as the surrounding acts (PE and RATM)
Sage killed it, the crowd was into it completely. The difference between this and the Maine show crowd a couple weeks ago was comical.
Cage was amazing, I've heard reviews of his past shows that have said he wasn't that great, but this live show was awesome
Brother Ali was good, but a cut below both Sage and Cage
Cypress Hill was great, especially the bongo player but that brings me to a gripe with the show..

The program guide was fucked, they had Cypress Hill go on way earlier in real life than stated, and before PE. Does anyone know what happened? I spent most of the day at Paid Dues until I noticed Cypress on the projector.

Amazing concert
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:21 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

the schedule got a little messed up due to Erica Badu not appearing. I may have mispelled her name but hey...who keahz.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:11 pm
note1

Quote:

The program guide was fucked, they had Cypress Hill go on way earlier in real life than stated, and before PE. Does anyone know what happened? I spent most of the day at Paid Dues until I noticed Cypress on the projector.

I think david banner and erica badu bailed so things go pushed up...or something. It was a bit confusing, but being able to check the monitors from paid dues did make things easier.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:12 pm
rhickey

MessiahCarey wrote:

People don't mosh to Lamb of G-d, do they?

I passed out during one of their sets. How do these guys keep getting lumped into the 'nu-metal' crowd? Have you ever heard 11th Hour or Terror and Hubris? They're cloed to thrash than Slayer these days.

And fuck 94 Earth Crisis, just go see a Converge show. People still get hurt at shows.

My friend ships out to Iraq the eighth and visited home this weekend, so I had to sell my tickets. I'm hoping Rage come to the east coast again next year.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:21 pm
MessiahCarey

rhickey wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:

I passed out during one of their sets. How do these guys keep getting lumped into the 'nu-metal' crowd? Have you ever heard 11th Hour or Terror and Hubris? They're cloed to thrash than Slayer these days.

And fuck 94 Earth Crisis, just go see a Converge show. People still get hurt at shows.

My friend ships out to Iraq the eighth and visited home this weekend, so I had to sell my tickets. I'm hoping Rage come to the east coast again next year.

Good call on Converge.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:05 pm
Blackstone Valley

MessiahCarey wrote:
rhickey wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:

Good call on Converge.

the things i've witnessed happen to people at converge shows, should never be repeated via voice or print.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:16 pm
Harpsichord

yeah, first time I saw Converge, I've never been more bruised after a show, and my shorts wore torn down the front. Good thing I wasn't wearing women's underwear like I normally do.

also, in the middle of "The Saddest Day", both the bassist and drummer dove off the stage, and the drummer gave this girl I know a concussion and knocked her out. videozzz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhNsUnVGhGc
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:25 pm
m hanora
Holy Mary Mother of Pwn.

i had a great time...

water was by far not available enough. each time i waited in line they had run out and i ended up saving a bottle of vitamin water (before they ran out of that too) and drinking from some hose.

besides that, i have never seen Public Enemy and that shit was crazy to me. i couldn't see ANYTHING and had to be lifted up for a few glimpes of Chuck D losing his mind and the S1W's drilling. alot of people around us weren't really losing their minds, but we were dancing and rapping and jumping and having the best time we could. even though i know PE has played far more powerful sets, it was still incredible to finally see them.

wow the roots are so god awful.

cypress hill was incredible. haha. outrageous. so much fun. ended up watching them, WU, and rage from farther back on the screen...it was a dilemma to decide to do that, but i really could not see a GOT DAMN thing all day, so i wanted to see these groups... i kind of reconciled it by thinking that, i really had the best view cos of the cameras and besides, moshing to rage is not so much a political action as a distended frat party. even though the energy was a bit lower, i had room to dance and enjoy my friend's company and i could see. i felt that overall most people could have a gave a fuck less about anyone besides rage ...so wu didn't get the response i or method man expected...haha. but overall it was crazy and fun and ultimately had a great sweaty day.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:20 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next