Search
Register
A Message To Parents
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

the mean
Certified O.G.

A Message To Parents  Reply with quote  

I am sure you are here on our site to see why your child(ren) come to visit us. I'm sure you have questions like, Why is my son/daughter a Juggalo/Juggalette? What do they see in this music in this group that makes them want to listen? I can understand your concern as I to am a parent of two boys 7 and 12,and a little girl 3 1/2 who waits for me in Heaven.

I am here to try to help clear some things up for you, I know you have probably heard bad things about Insane Clown Posse aka ICP. That they are evil and crude and rude and nasty. I can tell you they are not Evil, they may be crude, rude and nasty sometimes. But as hard as it is to believe, there is a reason for this, There are kids that feel left out and alone and suicidal in this world. they feel that cannot turn to their parents with their problems, cause Mom and Dad are too busy with their own lives to worry about my problems. This is where ICP comes into the picture. ICP started recording their story in 1990-91,a story that would take 12 almost 13 long years to complete. They were young and poor and in trouble and needed something in their lives, little did they know that would eventually become known world wide and considered "the most hated band of all times", but loved by hundreds of thousands at the same time.

Their story is about the Dark Carnival. They told the story in chapters, the first was called "Carnival of Carnage" also known as the first joker's card. the Carnival of Carnage tells of life on the streets and how hard it is to be there, and how the evil of the world will corrupt you if you let it.

The second Joker's Card is "The Ringmaster" which is yourself, because you are in control of your own destiny, you can control how your life will turn out.

The third Joker's Card or "The Riddlebox" asks the question do you know if you will go to Heaven or Hell when you die?

The fourth Joker's Card is "The Great Milenko" He will tempt you with all you could ever want, so he can take your life away from you, he is the master of Illusions.

The fifth Joker's Card is "The Amazing Jeckel Brothers" they juggle our sins and our good deeds. this is the eternal struggle within us all to do good to balance our bad deeds.

The Sixth Joker's Card is called "The Wraith" the first version is called Shangri-La this tells you if you believe in God and live a good life and do not do bad ,you will go to Heaven and what you can expect when you get there. The 2nd version of "The Wraith is called Hell's Pit. Obviously it tells you what will happen if you fall for the devil's tricks and Illusions, hence the 4th joker's card "The Great Milenko". you will burn in Hell for eternity.

With all the cussing and killing that happened in these albums for all this time, they were all a lesson to kids to not do these things, to live good lives and do good deeds, there were reversals that told them of God and of Jesus, they were little clues through out all the albums, but they never came right out and said it until the 6th Joker's card, because the kids they were trying to reach are the one's who will not go to church or go to a bookstore and pick up the Bible, or go to a Christian music store and buy a album and listen to gospel, they wanted to hear the bad stuff, they thought all along that ICP was bad and wanted to be there with them for it all, they knew that the juggalos are a family, we are all there for each other to lean on in bad times and share joy in the good times. and Then BAMMM, they dropped the Bomb, at the end of the whole story the last song on the Shangri-La they said it," Truth is we follow God, we've always been behind him" The Carnival is God and may all the Juggalos find him!" all this time these kids thought they were listening to evil bad music, they were getting the message of God all along!

If you will ever listen to ICP for even one thing, Please listen to The very last track on the Wraith. is it called "the Unveiling" this will tell you what ICP is about, they say it plain, it's not about money it's not about fans, it's about getting the word of God out to the Juggalos. Please be warned there is some cussing in this song, but even my own father a born again Christian who does not like cussing at all, listened to it so he could hear for himself the powerful message behind this song.

This is amazing, after 12 years some people were in shock, and said we were tricked and some said Praise God I knew it all along! Some turned away and never looked back and some said What, they are for God? why? I need to know what God is about, and they learned and are still learning why ICP brought the message of God to these kids who at one time hated everything in life except ICP and bad imagery. Now they find Joy and Happiness in the family love and spirit that we all share.

At Juggalofaith we have sermons that the kids can read, we don't always quote the Bible but our sermons are Bible Based, because they need to be able to process what we are trying to teach them, they need it in words they can understand. I have kids email me all the time and ask me where they find passages in the Bible about certain things, and if I can send them a Bible so they can read it for themselves, and everyday I get a kid who says the world will never understand me but my Juggalo Family does. They don't judge me for being fat or black or gay or different, we try to teach these kids that it is alright to be different, that God is the one who will Judge us not man, we are told every day that we are evil and satanic, but Jesus said " You will be persecuted for my name's sake."

I have had death threats for trying to teach kids about God and Jesus. But I would gladly give my life so just one kid or young adult can be saved and make it to Heaven and never have to feel the pain of hell. I hope that if you've made it this far that I have helped you to have some kind of understanding about ICP and "The Dark Carnival" if you have questions for me, please email me at B-Lotus@chiconetcom.

We are currently adding a section and have some songs up now that highlight where God or Jesus are mentioned in ICP's Music. please feel free to look around our site and email us with any questions or concerns you may have.

http://www.juggalofaith.com/?url=parents.php
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:21 am
Atreyu

So that's what Cotton Candy is about.

I can now enjoy the song on a whole other level.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am
LotusReign

i could be completely off here...
but im under the current impression that there arent many icp fans or juggalos who frequent this forum.

no hate meant by the comment.. i was just curious how it ended up here.. i was a little thrown when i saw an icp/juggalo related article here. again no hate meant. ive actually been listening to them since ringmaster..
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:38 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Blackstone Valley

i'd say it was posted because a lot of people have a knee-jerk ICP reaction, a lot like most parents.

This shows another side of the band that pretty much no one ever knew about, because no one ever took the time to learn.

either that, or they are full of shit. you decide.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:20 am
LotusReign

ive noticed that the times ive taken to explain this side of the whole icp thing.. it got accross, however seldonly changed the rock solid view points of whomever i was talking with. .. ya know how most ppl seem to take things for face value..and judge books by covers.. alot of that
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:26 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mizterie

pretty sure the dark carnival thing being god was a quick cop out since they realized the world wouldn't end when the 6th card came out. or they realized that they're in their 30s in clown makeup rapping about killing people and they found god.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:42 am
IAmNiki

LotusReign wrote:
ive noticed that the times ive taken to explain this side of the whole icp thing.. it got accross, however seldonly changed the rock solid view points of whomever i was talking with. .. ya know how most ppl seem to take things for face value..and judge books by covers.. alot of that

Its kind of hard to change someones view when all of their songs reference murder, "cunt" "bitch" and violence. However the whole community it created is remarkable, the whole juggalo thing is basically a subculture now and gives kids a pretty big thing to identify with. Its kind of funny that they convinced a bunch of people to idolize some insane clowns and paint their faces, but at least juggalos are super loyal to ICP and their identity as juggalos in general.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:46 am
LotusReign

IAmNiki wrote:
LotusReign wrote:

Its kind of hard to change someones view when all of their songs reference murder, "cunt" "bitch" and violence. However the whole community it created is remarkable, the whole juggalo thing is basically a subculture now and gives kids a pretty big thing to identify with. Its kind of funny that they convinced a bunch of people to idolize some insane clowns and paint their faces, but at least juggalos are super loyal to ICP and their identity as juggalos in general.

i think that one of the most interesting parts of the whole thing is that there are juggalos who are trying to use this argument of icp following god as a safe haven for all the people who are glaring at them and hating at them (and banning anything affiliated w the psy label in schools, malls, etc). mainly because alot of the juggalos ive seen around.. probably about 90% of the juggalos i know would/have/will steal, woul/have/will use heavy drugs, theyve been in and out of jail, the girls- sluts (to put it gently), and theyll all carry some rediculous weapong that they dont know how to use thats illegal... idk.. i just thought it was interesting.. while trying to stand up and kinda make a better name for the juggalos... proving them["the haters"] right by doing everything thats being pointed out doesnt help much.

im not sure i worded that in a way that made sense.. but yeah
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:57 am
I am Wisdom

I used to be a juggalo.

In Violent J (one of the emcees)'s book, he talks about how one night he had kind of a breakdown. He cut off all his hair, and freaked out, and was basically just tripping balls, having a massive panic attack, not conscious to what was going on around him, etc. Just totally fucked up.

I'm pretty sure that this is the reason that the Carnival thing was revealed as being God, or even any other spiritual thing. He reached spiritual enlightenment through drugs and all that, and suddenly he became a religious man. I mean, the story is that it's always been that way and there are clues all throughout all the other albums, but to my knowledge their isn't. Thats just my opinion, though.

I stopped listening when they stopped making music that appealed to me. I just kinda grew out of it. Twiztid are still okay rappers and everything, I just can't relate or get into what they're talking about anymore, and pretty much everyone else on that label is just ICP or Twiztid Jr., with a different gimmick and a different voice.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

i always found it remarkable that juggalos seem to resent being hated and ostrasized. isn't that the point of all the make up and weird clothes?

obnoxious clothing makes sense in the punk aesthetic - if my style bothers you, well then fuck you, you're not worth my time. i can understand that logic.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:20 pm
Stony

I've been a fan of ICP since about '96, but i never considered myself a Juggalo. I listen to horrorcore for the same reason I watch horror movies, they entertain me. I'm not looking for some deeper meaning, just make me crack a smile.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:01 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

wait, why the serious faces? Is no one recognizing how hilarious that shit is?
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:13 pm
mizterie

GrantherBirdly wrote:

what, a site called juggalo faith dedicated to the religion behind juggaloism?
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:37 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

precisely!
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:40 pm
NME

GrantherBirdly wrote:
Haha exactly. and this shit has been going on since (at least) '05? how did i never hear about this shit before this?
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:53 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next