Search
Register
Prolyphic, B. Dolan, The Rectangle club and more August 25th
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

MessiahCarey

Prolyphic, B. Dolan, The Rectangle club and more August 25th  Reply with quote  

Particle Accelerator is an event dedicated to the memory of the Legendary Jack Young, Jr. Proceeds will be donated to United Services (www.UnitedServicesCT.org), a non-profit center providing extensive behavioural health and social services for Northeastern CT.

http://particleaccelerator.org/ is the website for the event and it is there that you can donate money if for some reason you can't make the show. But you SHOULD make the show.

It's an all-day event that starts and noon and goes until about midnight. Late afternoon is when my band will play, and right after that is the SFR block (BeeDeezy and Pro, I believe in that order). If you get there around 2:00 you won't miss a thing and catch some cool acoustic music, too.

Use this website to buy tickets for $10 ($12 the day of the show)

http://particleaccelerator.org/site/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Saturday, August 25th
Noon - 11:00pm
Thompson Rod and Gun Club
Thompson, CT

-----------------------

As some of my closer friends my know, a friend of mine committed suicide a few months back. He was having some troubles with various issues, and had tried to check himself into a mental health facility - but was turned away because he had no health insurance.

We can't do anything about having lost a very talented and genuine young man - but what we CAN do is try to keep this from happening again by doing our best to make some money available to those who need it. All the proceeds from this show are going to an organization that provides grants for mental health care in the event someone cannot pay for the care that they need.

Jack was a fan of my hip hop but didn't get the opportunity to experience my other ventures - so as a tribute to his memory, I will be performing a brief hip hop set in ADDITION to the Rectangle Club performance. I haven't done a hip hop show in...maybe 3 or 4 years at this point...and I hope that it compels a few more people to come out and help us raise money for the cause.

Thank you for your time, and we truly hope to see you there. We're excited to be playing again, and our album is nearing completion, but none of that really matters compared to you making it out to this show or donating some money.

Last edited by MessiahCarey on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:27 am; edited 4 times in total
Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 am
Blackstone Valley

buhleeeeedat.

i'll be there!
Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:33 am
cakes

oh how awesome!
if i don't have to help a family member move in ny that weekend, i would love to come. i'll see what i can do and pass the word along.

fuck you health insurance! :(
Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:48 am
MessiahCarey

Thank you both.
Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I will throw this in the Upcoming Shows forum once this thread sinks again
Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:26 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

I'm gonna do Big Nodd set at this show :)
Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:52 pm
MessiahCarey

Changed the title to reflect Bernard's participation.

Thank you man, it's so very much appreciated.
Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:44 am
MessiahCarey

I've once again changed the title, and upped this, to include SFR recording artist PRO MOTHERFUCKING LYPHIC.

Fuck yeah. Thank you both, so much...and everyone...we really need your money. I mean it. With your money, and the awareness that it will be available, maybe there's a chance someone won't die.

And even that remotest of chances is all I need to beg from you shamelessly for your attendance...but this lineup is looking like a hell of a good reason regardless of the cause...a lot of bands that consist of some of Jack's old friends (Element 42, Jared Sparks), as well as a lot of really solid talent from the New England Area (Prolyphic, Big Nizzy and Can't Face the Falling, for example)...we're trying to get enough people out to make even the slightest dent in this dismal reality we refer to as mental health care.

Bernard, Pro...I mailed you your times and I'll be in touch as soon I find out any other information.

Thank you so very much, it means a lot to us.

- Shane
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:57 am
Blackstone Valley

If you're in the area, DO NOT SLEEP!

Not only is this show for a wonderful cause, but the line up keeps getting better and better!

b deezy, prolyphic, rectangle club, and can't face the falling? I'm officially stoked. I heart can't face the falling from WAY back. shane on some hip hop shit?

people... do not doubt your ability to attend. Just set the day aside, and go!
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:43 pm
Geometrik

ill do my very best to be there... if not, im sure i can donate somethin to ya.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:11 pm
mizterie

you KNOW i will be in attendance. i wouldn't miss this for the world.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:14 pm
IAmNiki

I'm comin
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:41 pm
cakes

music supporting mental health.
yea, i'm there.
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:53 pm
MessiahCarey

http://www.particleaccelerator.org/

Here's an update with the website. If you can't make it to the show, please please PLEASE consider donating some cash via the paypal link on that site.

Thank you all so very much. I'm actually getting pretty excited about this show...even if it's for all the wrong reasons that it's happening, there's going to be some serious talent there - ALL day. Francine and her Ruby Slippers have been added to the bill, as well.
Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:38 pm
Blackstone Valley

MessiahCarey wrote:
Francine and her Ruby Slippers have been added to the bill, as well.

these dues have been my friends for yeeeeaaaaarrrrrs.

woo!
Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:19 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next