Search
Register
NYC show at Knitting Facotry CANCELLED. here's their excuse
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

NYC show at Knitting Facotry CANCELLED. here's their excuse  Reply with quote  

Due to a rising tide of anti-Knitting Factory sentiments among several of our unrelenting, politically connected neighbors who would like to see us located somewhere other than on their block (even though we were here first), we need to take immediate measures to placate them. This means re-soundproofing our Main Space, which in turn means a massive construction project that calls for the space to be closed for longer than we'd like. Unfortunately, this schedule includes a date that you are supposed to play, and we have to cancel it. We have tried hard to avoid any interruptions in the schedule, but the neighbors are dictating this time frame, and nothing other than immediate action will satisfy them. It's this, or being closed for good.

Hopefully in the end, we'll no longer be distracted by the neighbors and we can get back to focusing on the music, the artists, and the audience.

I apologize for this, and will make it up to you. Please feel free to contact me with any other questions, or to schedule a make-up date.

Best,
matt
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:10 pm
pav

holy shit what the fuck tell me this is a joke i'm gonna fucking murder someone.. fuck i hate that whole gay ass neighborhood.. muthafucking neighbors should just soundproof their walls with allt he money they have.

fuck fuck fukc ufkc.

now i have absolutely nothing ot loook forwards to this month.. except for my midterms.. fuckng yay..

any options for quickly changing venues?? how about "north six" (www.northsix.com).. maybe i'm wrong but i believe someone on this board used to promote shows to that venue..
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:04 pm
pav

after checking teh website, it doesn't seem like northsix is booked for Jan 29th..

i have no idea what goes into booking shows, but is there anyway you can get your booking agent (if you have one) to contact someone at northsix??
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:11 pm
SergOne

same shit has happened in phoenix, Nita's hideaway(probably the coolest venue in the whole city) was trying to relocate to a bigger area and the neighborhood was petitioning and trying to get the city to stop them, so they cancelled all their hardcore and hiphop shows to prevent any incidents from happening, hiphop nights got cancelled and an anticon tour stop....which amused me cause anticon shows are probably the last place your gonna see any voilence
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

lol we have 6 clubs in our city, most in our 30 block downtown, deltron came, hes probably the biggest rapper that crossed our small towns path, and when he was that shit faced all he did was sit there and rap, he sucked too god damn drunk, i lost all my respect for him
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:57 pm

Envy

Does no one that listens to sage do anything with promotions.....hell even I know an abundence of places and people that would help make the show happen in my city....yo fo real if you want the show in your city it is possible. If you want a nyc show make it happen just get in contact with people at different venues around town.....come on make this happen hold it down new york.....representing atl.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:05 pm
Coldcuts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:33 pm
PaigeMaster6

damn. that sucks. i never really liked the knitting factory ANYWAY, but fuck...i REALLY hope you can still come to NY though...even though i am going to see you in RI, i had a lot of people stoked on seeing you for the first time. agh..........fuck. that really sucks.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:15 pm
illusion

sigh..............
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:24 pm
DOM

yo  Reply with quote  

we are promoting a show in brooklyn the 29th, you should come by and rock sage
jerseyroots.com for more info
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:35 am

Reggie

Nah, Knitting Factory is a dope venue, but this news sucks something proper.

Throw Lif on the bill and pack the Bowery Ballroom. Either that or play S.O.B.'s, you'll pack that place handily even though I think the venue is on the lame side.

Too bad.
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:16 am
Battboyy

Why hasn't their website posted anything about this yet? You'd think it's information that they'd want to get out to the public, considering it's supposedly "massive".
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:26 pm
DOMMER

sage  Reply with quote  

get at me dom@jerseyroots.com, do you still wanna rock a show?
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:54 pm
loud digital

Knowing the situation at the knit, ( I promote over there, I did the last Sage show with Alias) what he's telling you isn't a lie. They have serious problems with the neighbors near there. Their liquor license is up for review and the neighbors are trying to shut them down. They build a huge luxury condo next to the club and then complain about noise. Didn't they realize they were building next to a club? From what I understand Adam Yauch & Irv Gotti have apartments there, so you can see the kind of money we are talking about. It probably doesn't make you feel any better but he's being straight up with you.

We have a show in Brooklyn,NY on the 29th in a venue equal in size to the knit. We'd love to have you as a special guest. Hit up Dom at the email above or me at loud@louddigital.com if you're interested.
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:04 pm

woahhhh  Reply with quote  

Nita's hideaway?? I have to go to this place.....I bet it's wonderful.
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:45 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next