Search
Register
Rock The Bells 2007 Lineup! Sage Francis, PE and RATM
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Say Sam Ting

I am debating if I would want to go to the one in SF (by bart train.. so convinient) or Drive down a week before to san bernadino..

Or go to Both!! haha, Suckaz..
Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:26 pm
organize

These guys need a slot at the SF Venue

<object><param></param><param></param></object>
Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:09 pm
Jesse Custer

So...

If I were to make the journey over from London, which one would be the best one for me to go to?

I'm seriously considering it...
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:39 am
erich

i just want to point out that two of the main performers i'd be going to see at this show would be sage and the reuinted rage. but i find it a little ironic that rage is supposed to be all about The People and grass roots and damn the man, etc.- yet the only ticket i can get for them is $82 + expenses, on a massive stage that i'll never get very close to. on the other hand, i'll be seeing sage twice at a fairly small venue around the corner from my house, and sage is personally giving me one of the tickets for free.

this isnt even about the evils of signing to sony vs. staying on a DIY indie label- that's straight up cashing in for those quick bucks at your fans' expense. maybe this seems kinda petty, but i found it disappointing.
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:02 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Aww come on man. As someone already posted, seeing these bands separately would cost exponentially more.

Somehow I doubt that Rage reuniting for 4 shows is cashing in for a quick buck.

Would you rather them come to your house and play?
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:17 am
erich

jakethesnake wrote:
Aww come on man. As someone already posted, seeing these bands separately would cost exponentially more.

yes, and each one of those shows would be exponentially more enjoyable for me to roughly the same degree.

Quote:

Somehow I doubt that Rage reuniting for 4 shows is cashing in for a quick buck.

why? if they're doing it in spite of the fact that they dont really want to play together, can you think of a motivation other than money? and if they were going to reunite for the love of the music or fans or something, why would they be so hesitant to play more than a couple massive festival shows?

Quote:

Would you rather them come to your house and play?

fuck all that. im not lobbing unjustified criticisms, and rage was a very formative band for me. im just sounding off on this latest move, which seems a little fishy to me.
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:21 am
Say Sam Ting

erich wrote:
i just want to point out that two of the main performers i'd be going to see at this show would be sage and the reuinted rage. but i find it a little ironic that rage is supposed to be all about The People and grass roots and damn the man, etc.- yet the only ticket i can get for them is $82 + expenses, on a massive stage that i'll never get very close to. on the other hand, i'll be seeing sage twice at a fairly small venue around the corner from my house, and sage is personally giving me one of the tickets for free.

this isnt even about the evils of signing to sony vs. staying on a DIY indie label- that's straight up cashing in for those quick bucks at your fans' expense. maybe this seems kinda petty, but i found it disappointing.

people gotta eat!..

$82 bucks is probably split between all he acts, the crew that makes this happen etc.. Sure it would be fantastic to be right in front and actually see the spit come out of Zach's mouth.. for me just being there and listening to the music from the back but close enough to at least see, instead of worrying about the guy next to me is going to punch the shit out of me because everyone else is in a violent mood is worth the money...
the expenses are an investment on you.. to enjoy an experience..

im not saying its bad to take the free ticket.. but if Sage gave me a free ticket, i would not accept it without paying for it, I would at least give him money or donate the ticket price to Knowmore.org.. I dont like getting freebeez from people I want to support.. but thats just me,
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:25 am
erich

Say Sam Ting wrote:
people gotta eat!..

no argument from me there, but "im just trying to eat" was never supposed to be rage's agenda. if that's the case, cool- but dont look at me like i'm crazy for pointing that out.

Quote:

Sure it would be fantastic to be right in front and actually see the spit come out of Zach's mouth.. for me just being there and listening to the music from the back but close enough to at least see, instead of worrying about the guy next to me is going to punch the shit out of me because everyone else is in a violent mood is worth the money...

as that guy who probably would've punched you, i take personal offense to this. i would've smiled and bought you a drink afterwards- where the love at? what good is a show if you cant get a little banged up in the front? that's why i like small shows: the controlled release of aggression is the whole point of a live show like this, and that all goes to shit when there's so many people that the mob mentality breeds a riot.

Quote:

im not saying its bad to take the free ticket.. but if Sage gave me a free ticket, i would not accept it without paying for it, I would at least give him money or donate the ticket price to Knowmore.org.. I dont like getting freebeez from people I want to support.. but thats just me,

that's cool. to me, it just means i can buy another $20 worth of merch, and drag more friends to the show with me. sage is getting my money either way, (and im certainly not alone in this situation) and i think he knows that.

Last edited by erich on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:32 am
jakethesnake

erich wrote:

yes, and each one of those shows would be exponentially more enjoyable for me to roughly the same degree.

Possibly. I think you are underestimating the potential magnitude of having all these acts together at once.

Quote:

why? if they're doing it in spite of the fact that they dont really want to play together, can you think of a motivation other than money? and if they were going to reunite for the love of the music or fans or something, why would they be so hesitant to play more than a couple massive festival shows?

If I was in a band that broke up I'd be hesitant to schedule a full tour of small venue shows. What if you all get together and it completely blows and you hate it? Maybe they're starting small and if things work out they'll play more? I mean, they already said "ONLY 1 SHOW" and now they're doing 3 more. I'm just glad they're playing and I have potential to see them that doesn't involve flying across the country.

Quote:

fuck all that. im not lobbing unjustified criticisms, and rage was a very formative band for me. im just sounding off on this latest move, which seems a little fishy to me.

Rage was a very formative band for me as well. I'm not going to judge them though. They make music, I like it, I'm going to listen and it doesn't have to be in a night club for me to enjoy it.

Hard sayin' not knowin'. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason to think otherwise.
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:32 am
erich

im not gonna argue with you and im not spitting any unwarranted criticism. im just saying for saying's sake.
Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:36 am
kese

Got my tickets for the NY show!

This shit's going to be nuts!
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:03 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scottie

So kese you did the presale?

What was the total per ticket after all the fees and stuff?

I am thinking of ordering but I am not 100% I can make it yet. So would hate to be out $100 if I does not all work out..
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

Quote:

ROCK THE BELLS PRE-SALE INFORMATION

Guerilla Union Street Corps members have a chance to score tickets early in this exclusive pre- sale!
Here are the details:
. Wednesday (3/28) at 10am log on to: www.Ticketmaster.com
. Search Rock the Bells
. In the ROCK THE BELLS Presale Password box enter: GUERILLA
. New York Tickets are $83 General Admission and $156 VIP
. San Bernardino Tickets are $76 General Admission and $151 VIP
. San Francisco Tickets are $76 General Admission and $151 VIP
. There is a 4 ticket limit for the pre sale.
. You will need a major credit card.
. Pre-sale ends Friday (3/30) at 10pm, or when the pre-sale ticket allocation is gone
. As with all internet ticket sales, there may be an initial surge of people on the system. Please keep trying, it may take several attempts.
. If you are unable to buy tickets during the pre-sale, you can still try and buy them during the public on-sale Saturday, March 31st at 10am,
at all Ticketmaster locations, Charge By Phone (213-480-3232 or 714-740-2000), or Ticketmaster.com

my total was 198.95 for two tickets.
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:11 am
jakethesnake

Woot! Just preordered my tickets.

It just so happens that I'm going on vacation to Michigan to visit my parents and this show falls on the weekend that we will be driving home. Through NY.

<3
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:21 am
m hanora
Holy Mary Mother of Pwn.

kese wrote:
Got my tickets for the NY show!

This shit's going to be nuts!
Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:44 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next