Search
Register
Sage at Blaze
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Juileo: so i got this sn off one of these sites about your music...i hope this is right and you are actually sage francis..if not apologies. Anyway what i was really writting right now to tell you was that i went to the on Broadway preformance of Def Poetry and it was incredible. I was wondering if you've ever been, or wanted to. If you haven't you should definately go because it was 10 times as good as the show.

SAGEkillz: Although I am close friends with some people who have been on it, especially Beau Sia, Alixa and Taylor Mali, I think Def Poetry Jam is pitiful and a poor representation of what the spoken word scene has accomplished over the years. It's pitiful and I would like to make an appearance on it just to show my disgust. That's all. Please don't IM me again. I communicate regularly on www.non-prophets.com/forum.
peace
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:32 pm
Adamantium

haha I like that,indirectly answer my question by pasting your answer you gave when someone else asked,..word,...now I do agree with you,but I mean did you expect HBO and russel simmons to give the spoken word community any better of a representation?...and since you do want to voice your disgust,what a better way to do it than on the show with a specially written piece about you disgust on the poor representation they give the sceen,..that'd be genius!...and yo,you have to admit,theres been alotta hot poets on the show,..I mean shit,even the last poets were on that shit
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:01 pm
Still Sick

Celph: nope, i havent had the priviledge to see KRS in concert yet. Im waiting for any opportunity to see him. Ive already seen Sage live, so the only other artists on my check list are KRS and Atmosphere. Ive heard both are incredible live.

as far as Def Poetry Jam...
I posted something on this site awhile back about the subject. Even though it somewhat commercializes the art form, and mos def (as much as I respect him as a rapper) is a pretty boring host, I still think it helps poetry so much more than it harms it. I hope someone on this forum has seen this cat named Black Ice on the show. Hes from Philly. I saw 2 poems from him on the show and they both blew my mind. Maybe Sage has heard of him, but prob not.
Post Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:07 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3