Search
Register
funny story of the day 12/19/02
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

funny story of the day 12/19/02  Reply with quote  

i remember people. I remember kids from preschool who I haven't even seen since preschool. not their name...but there's one kind in particular who I always see and I remember him from preschool. We never even talked in preschool. that's not what matters though...I saw a kid today in Home Depot who used to go to poetry readings at URI. he was a nut. He jumped out of a window after doing a poem once. for the dramatic effect. the window was open. but it was on the 2nd floor. he was ok....anyway....

I am standing behind him in line and I recognize him right away. Knowing he wouldn't be so quick to recognize me back (especially with beard and all) I say, "Hi Ben...." and I just stare at him with no facial expression.

he gets spooked. "Oh...he...hey. Hey...Paul"

He saw a shirt with the "Sage Francis...1968-2001" a while back and thought I was dead.

it was lovely
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:58 pm
td3

one day i was at Best Buy buying the Alanis Morrisette Unplugged CD and the kid behind me wearing a "Bout it, Bout it" bootleg shirt.... tapped me on the shoulder and said "yo, Sage really die? thats sucks... he was pretty dope...i downloaded some of his shit before"

i said: "na, he didnt die... thats just when he switched religions..."

"oh word... thank God" - bout it kid

PEACE
td3

**PS: I teach Special Ed kids and I do think you should consider what you do in this world.**
Post Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dorkasaurus

perhaps you should make a shirt with the date of your resurrection so people will know you're alive.

sage has risen or the second coming of sage. though maybe not, it's too similar to jc and christianity. oh well, stay dead.
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:19 am
maxamillion

I thought Sage was a myth..................and that there was never any proove of his excistence!!
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:46 am
dnwp

... you guys are stupid.
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:02 pm
dorkasaurus

it's possible pig. contrary to popular belief, stupidity is not limited to people from eau claire, WI. and while stupidity is synonymous with eau claire residents, you post caught me by surprise, i had not expected such literary eloquence.
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:25 pm
Estella

<3 Eau Claire
Post Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:04 pm
dorkasaurus

^^what?
Post Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:41 pm
dense

that 'sage francis 1968 - 2001' shirt must cause confusion in a lot of motherfuckers.... i was at a def jux show in england last month and my friend was wearing it and this guy came up to him in shock and asked if it was true.... they must think 'personal journals' is something you did before you kicked the bucket!......
Post Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:46 pm
Jesus Frank

Yeah, it's funny. I have never worn it without anyone asking about it. It's the ones familiar with Sage that have the funniest responses.. some get really shook, before laughing at yet another stunt from "this character" when they find out things are alright.

My t-shirt is about two sizes too large for me though. So I don't really wear it that often. Just a treat, strictly off the record...
Post Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:33 am
the Wiper

i realize that this is probably a BS reason to up a thread that's been dead for so long, buuuut....

i too remember EVERYONE. like, in high school, i dunno if i was popular or not, (who really decides that anyway?), but i will say i knew damn near all of the 2,000 or so kids there.

anyway, there was this girl who had a crush on me, but i really didn't give the time of day to.

anyhow, fast forward 5 years or so, and she's ringing up somebody's stuff in a local super k-mart. i walk into her line, and say, 'hey sarah'...she's shocked, and says that she never would have thought i would have remembered her.

anyhow, she was getting off in 15 minutes, so i hung around for a second, and then we went and had coffee at 3am. nothing happened, we didn't have sex, we didn't really even call each other, but it was cool that we spent that hour or so talking about high school, and who we still stay in touch with, and how my ego seemed to have gotten smaller since 1997...

like i said, probably not worth upping. but it's boring here at work tonight, and i'm going back and reading all the IM's...
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:02 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

if her company was enjoyable...and if there was an attraction there...kick it to her again, man. please.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:04 am
Perspective

I've seen those shirts too, and kinda wondered what they were for, since I'd seen him live in 2002.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:12 am
jehu

nice...  Reply with quote  

Quote:

Sage Francis Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:04 am Post subject:

if her company was enjoyable...and if there was an attraction there...kick it to her again, man. please.

thats what i was thinkin as well. go for it.

Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:33 pm
the Wiper

i think yall misunderstood me.

i didn't care to 'go out' with this girl. i just 'went out' with her. see the difference?

i didn't tell the story to relay my missing out on seeing someone, i relayed it b/c it was a random person from back-in-the-day sighting, sorta like sage's...

she was a little too boring for my liking. i carried the convo for the time we were together, and i HATE having to do that. like, if i stopped talking, there was a (waaaaay too uncomfortable) silence.
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:59 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next