Search
Register
roll call in retrospect...who was at the July 13 show?
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

AMBUSH

I almost made it there...but I never left my couch...  Reply with quote  

How was the after party? Anything crazy or out of the blue happen? Shoot-outs? Aliens? Eight Legged Freaks? ......Black people at the show?
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:27 pm
Drei MD

I was all up in there. Front row left, decked out in white. Personal highlight was getting Sage's attention when he was talking about how hot his apartment is. GREAT SHOW. Grand Buffet made me want to crap myself.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:32 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

what's up with calling pot "grass?"
hahaa

how can ANYONE not dig Grand Buffet or have a good time during their set??
Post Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:36 pm
sandman00000

New to the game  Reply with quote  

I was there. My first time seeing Mr. Francis in any capacity, having just discovered him not two weeks before the show via Gruvis Malt (now I'm kicking myself for not heading up to the Middle East). And as I'm one insolar fuck and don't listen to radio or watch MTV or buy magazines (although I did skim through a friend's Spin magazine recently, I think it was Spin, and there was a blurb about SF towards the back near the album reviews), and the only hip-hop I've come across that I like is PE, Tribe Called Quest, Jurassic 5, Fathead(RIP) and a few others like that. oh yeah Beastie Boys, how could Iforget them.

Anyway, I'm glad to have finally stumbles across 'underground hip-hop'. Bought Personal journals at the show ... thanks to the kid who identified the tune for me I like so much playing over the sound system in bewteen sets (Atmosphere ... bought 'God Loves Ugly' last night- NICE!!).

I gots lots of artists' CD's to check out now. Vinyl too ... now I can buy more than just released Blue Note vinyl.

Last edited by sandman00000 on Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:34 am
mr self distrukt

dj mf  Reply with quote  

shalem b spun a lot of atmosphere and/or slug throughout the night... four or five tracks i think...

modern man's hustle...
put your quarter up...
guns & cigarettes...
and somethin from overcast! i can't remember...

then, sunday night i went to the eyedea/oliver hart show and they spun sage's climb trees and i had my RISD shirt on... oh so incestuous.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:51 am
aye bee sea

word on the street: i.was.there.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:38 pm
brown

...  Reply with quote  

i was there....great show as usual.

only one thing could have made it better, 'eviction notice' performed live. fun times.

kb
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:23 pm
professorcalculus

Hey Sage.. Calculus was there  Reply with quote  

Travis Houldcroft a.k.a. the Professor Calculus was there in attendance... along with seven other cats from Newington, CT. Would have (should have) been more, but some people had prior responsibilities.

Calculus
emoslug@cox.net
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:28 pm
emceemouse

i was also in attendance :D ....fav moment of the nite: actually seeing "rewrite" performed....damn that song is dope
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:34 pm
ImTheDevil

I WAS THERE I GOT THERE AT 9:00
I DIDNT WANT TO MISS ANYTHING
THE FIRST PERSON I SAW IN THERE WAS NECRO
I SAW A BUNCH OF HEADS FROM THE CENTURY LOUNGE

THE SHOW WAS THE BEST IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME

PEACE
KICK OUT THE JAMS
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:43 pm
brando

me too!!  Reply with quote  

I was there...nobody really cares. I had fun though.It was my 1st time seeing Grand Buffet. Those guys made my punkass giggle like a 17 yearold cheerleader chick. I loved it!! I love when people can let themselves hang out and not take everything so damn serious.

Sage, do you remember the guy who was looking for spare change for a penis extention. That WASN'T me. My brothers friend. Does concave ring a bell.

peace. brandon. sage doesnt know how to tie laces.VELCRO BABY!!
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:05 pm
MenaceSquad

I was there

I also thought the "Providence was a very nice city" comment was very funny. That had me laughing.
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:20 pm
Jared Paul

too little too late  Reply with quote  

this jared paul. my new place has no bathroom, heat, electricity, or phone; with no computer at convenient disposal i have not been able to keep up with this board. However, i would still like for it to be known that i thought saturdays show was nothing short of outstanding.

Brown, your my kind of earthling. Eviction Notice has been one of my favorites since the beginning. Especially the older scarier version from Urine Trouble. A live performance may have been the only thing that could have made that show better for me.

Anonjondoe, MANICexpression@yahoo.com is my contact. I would be happy to send you my spoken word chap book, and a copy of the MANICexpressive Agenda album when it is finished.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE AT THE AFTER HOURS WHO HAD ENOUGH RESPECT TO FOLLOW THE NO DRINK/NO DRUG RULES AT MY PLACE. IF ANY OF YOU EVER NEED A PLACE TO STAY IN PROVIDENCE, MY DOORS ARE OPEN TO YOU. THANKS AGAIN- MANIC.
Post Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:22 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
d money

yeah  Reply with quote  

i have to say grand buffet's set was perhaps one of the most genius performances i've ever seen. the van halen and "things that go hump in the night" were my favorite parts, although the toy guitar solo at the end was pretty sweet.
sage was just crazy and scary. and entertaining, of course. he dedicated emperor's new clothing to me, which was pretty cool.
we drove from NH, and it only took an hour. it was weird. i think we drove through a time rip, but only because when we got to lupo's i had a beard.
best live show i've seen since i saw sage w/ AOI at the xaul zan awards at the met last year.
sage, any more new england shows anytime soon?
Post Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:12 pm
Senorita

They missed me, Mom, they really missed me.  Reply with quote  

'Tis true, the lovely Senorita was not at the show. I never hear from the wonderous Joe....sniffle sniffle. What's with that?

Sage, his little velcro sneakers from PayLess, and visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. Is it Christmas time already, Pa?

Senorita
Post Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:23 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next