Search
Register
Animal Liberation Front thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

quasifoto

Animal Liberation Front thread  Reply with quote  

"should we start a new thread on whether or not people around here think it's OK to blow up a McDonalds as a form of direct action? I bet there are quite a few ALF and ELF closet fans out there . . ."- imatopos

sure...here it is. what's everyone think? this should be good.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:40 pm
MessiahCarey

Pleading the 5th in advance.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:43 pm
prolifik

There is no moral or ethical philosophy that could possibly condone the intentional murder of innocent people, not even utilitarianism.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:38 pm
quasifoto

"There is no moral or ethical philosophy that could possibly condone the intentional murder of innocent people, not even utilitarianism."

what? i hope you don't think that's what the ALF does.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:45 pm
imatopos

Info  Reply with quote  

Just in case you don't know what the groups are about

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/
http://www.nocompromise.org/
http://www.earthliberationfront.com/
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:03 pm
prolifik

I just addressed the original question as stated above, about whether or not it is justifiable to "blow up a McDonalds."
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:22 pm
quasifoto

i think McDonald's with any humans in the building should not be blown up. If they're empty, good riddence.

So i agree with what you said, just misunderstood, ya, sorry, my bad.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:43 pm
pav

i have no idea what the deal with ati or afi or wahtever the hell is .. but why the hell would someone blow up a mcdonald's that has workers workign a shit job trying to earn moneys at a minimum wage in order to hurt the establishment??

it's kind of like how often times rich well-to-do 'white' kids talk shit about welfare..

but i'm probably totally misconstruing the situation so don't mind me..

and oh yeah.. my mom wears fur sometimes.. not cause we're rich (haha.. so far from it) or anythign like that.. it's just that she has one or two nice fur coats from like 30 years ago.. and some times people make asshole comments to her.. that shit pisses me off.. if someone were to do that with me there i'd knock them the phuck out..
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:49 pm
prolifik

If the McDonalds was empty of any living soul before it was blown up, then I guess I wouldn't really care, even though I'm not a big fan of property distruction. You'd just have to look at the bombing from a cost/benefit viewpoint and try to asess how much it would actually accomplish.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:11 pm
Estella

well if you blow up a McDonalds as direct action - shouldn't you blow up every fast food/restaurant that sells animal products? Why just McDonalds?
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:45 pm
Bandini
WIZARD APPRENTICE

NO!

You are destroying the jobs of people who are already poor, causing miniscule loss for the company, bringing negative attention to your self, possibly imprisoning members of your group who will have to work behind bars, and only giving McDonalds an excuse to build a huge new McDonalds where the old one once stood. If you dont like McDonalds, THEN DONT EAT IT.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
barlow

Estella wrote:
well if you blow up a McDonalds as direct action - shouldn't you blow up every fast food/restaurant that sells animal products? Why just McDonalds?

http://www.mcspotlight.org/
Post Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:39 am
barlow

ChristopherWalken wrote:
NO!

You are destroying the jobs of people who are already poor, causing miniscule loss for the company, bringing negative attention to your self, possibly imprisoning members of your group who will have to work behind bars, and only giving McDonalds an excuse to build a huge new McDonalds where the old one once stood. If you dont like McDonalds, THEN DONT EAT IT.

So instead just sit back and let it happen?

Fuck that!
If no one is listening to you, shout louder.
You think McDonalds want the real issues discussed in public?
Unfortunatley you have to do something as symbolic as burning down a buiding to have your voice heard. The media is never going to ask your views when you are handing out leaflets. Trash a McDs and the cameras are straight there, asking why you did it.

If you do nothing there will come a time when you have no choice BUT to eat at McDonalds, because they will have absorbed everything else.
Post Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:49 am
quasifoto

the target is not McDonald's alone, it's animal abusers. McDonald's so happens to be the current posterchild. i guess we should eat there too, since the fast food industry is on decline and those employees will lose their shitty jobs anyway. that may be the best job you could ever lose.
alf members realize the risk of jail and feel the steps they take are worth the risk. and if an abuser rebuilds it's only after a big financial loss. sometimes it takes more than just not doing something. sometimes you actaully have to DO something to have an affect. saving an animal from a fur farm has an affect. and bombing is the high profile tactic now because of terrorism. most alf actions aren't bombing. and last i knew, noone has ever been harmed.
Post Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:42 am
quasifoto

the target is not McDonald's alone, it's animal abusers. McDonald's so happens to be the current posterchild. i guess we should eat there too, since the fast food industry is on decline and those employees will lose their shitty jobs anyway. that may be the best job you could ever lose.
alf members realize the risk of jail and feel the steps they take are worth the risk. and if an abuser rebuilds it's only after a big financial loss. sometimes it takes more than just not doing something. sometimes you actaully have to DO something to have an affect. saving an animal from a fur farm has an affect. and bombing is the high profile tactic now because of terrorism. most alf actions aren't bombing. and last i knew, noone has ever been harmed.
Post Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:42 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next