Search
Register
there is a god...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

The Dead Poet

it was more of an answer to your example...of some one losing a house...

but basically not all relgion is curupt...for the most part all denominational stuff is twisted...

i just think people shouldn't base there views on God on what people are doing...
Post Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:55 pm
Fladlien

Does anybody besides me think that God fucked over Job? For what reason? Because he made a bet with the devil. The same devil that you can hear when you listen to the song Climb Trees at 11:11 pm on November 11th, 2011.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:01 am
hippo

huh?
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hippo

I'm down with Christ!
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jesus Frank

Hiphopapotamus wrote:
huh?

Haven't you heard? That's when the anti-christ will be arriving. Legend has it Sage will then be sitting on a random tree in Rhode Island smoking on a crack pipe. The only way you can be saved is clutching his hands after climbing up to him, hence the title of the song. HE WILL SAVE YOU!!!

Take a look for yourself in the Personal Journals booklet. Sage touches briefly on that in it. Peace

Last edited by Jesus Frank on Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:18 am
Reggie

Jesus died because you were bad.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:21 am
MessiahCarey

If you were killed with a gun, and then you came back 2000 years later only to find that everyone was wearing gold-plated guns around their necks as status symbols, how would you feel about it?

Apply the same ethic to crosses. ;-)

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:30 am
The Dead Poet

MessiahCarey wrote:
If you were killed with a gun, and then you came back 2000 years later only to find that everyone was wearing gold-plated guns around their necks as status symbols, how would you feel about it?

Peace,
Shane

i completly agree...which is why you'll never see me rocking one
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:10 pm
daftie

MessiahCarey wrote:

Peace,
Shane

Bill Hicks did a GREAT bit called "shelf life" where he talks about this...
I just loves his example: going over to Jackie Onassis sporting a sniper rifle pendant going:
"Just thinkin of John,Jackie...we loved him..."
Cracks me up every time I hear it
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:38 pm
SoundDoctrine

I'm with the Dead Poet...

I think as a collective, we feel too obligated to oppose EVERYTHING done believed by the majority...To me religion isn't a social thing...And it isn't...It shouldn't be religion anyway...It should be spirituality...The bible was against the "religious" IE: The Pharasies...I am a non denominational christian...I don't follow doctrine created by a church or by man...I follow what is in the BIBLE...I know everyone has alot to say..But know this...Don't not believe in something to be different...Don't get caught up in romantisism or the anti-beliefs...

Gotta go...More to say
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:58 pm
firefly

Jesus Frank wrote:
Hiphopapotamus wrote:
huh?

Haven't you heard? That's when the anti-christ will be arriving.

I heard it was 12/12/2012. Maybe I should take that off the calendar.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:10 pm
MessiahCarey

SoundDoctrine wrote:
I'm with the Dead Poet...

I think as a collective, we feel too obligated to oppose EVERYTHING done believed by the majority...To me religion isn't a social thing...And it isn't...It shouldn't be religion anyway...It should be spirituality...The bible was against the "religious" IE: The Pharasies...I am a non denominational christian...I don't follow doctrine created by a church or by man...I follow what is in the BIBLE...I know everyone has alot to say..But know this...Don't not believe in something to be different...Don't get caught up in romantisism or the anti-beliefs...

Gotta go...More to say

Personally, I don't develop any beleifs (or lack of, as the case may be) based on societal cues. I prefer logic. As such, I've found myself unable to answer the question of the existence of God. Atheists will argue he's NOT there and be able to offer no data to back it up. Likewise, beleivers will offer mounds of circumstantial evidence with no concrete links and ask you to modify your life based on them. Both are equally ridiculous to me.

This is further complicated by having what some would call "religious" experiences where I have a magnificent feeling of benevolence at the sheer vastness of life and it's beautifully horrifying complexities - some say it's God, and I can simply say that I know better...it is simply a euphoric feeling brought on by the realization that I have the ability to realize. Whilst in a euphoric state, one can easily manipulate the world to appear in whatever fashion they wish (this is why people do drugs, by the way) - and if some choose to call it God, I welcome their human right to do so...I'll just stick with my much more realistic notion of a temporary euphoric state in which I am able to find a short-lived security and contentment. I don't NEED answers for everything, y'know? I'll just chalk it up to the fact that some things are just too complicated for the human mind to understand as of yet and be happy at that.

I am saddened that Bill Hicks said something like that. I thought I was being original. Oh well.

Peace,
Shane
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:01 pm
stffuyaysb

Mmm... anyone here for karmic fate?
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:03 pm
Petrouchka Rasputin

I'm surprised there aren't more agnostics.

I guess most people like to believe something, one way or the other.
Post Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:13 pm
Sarcastro

I don't, I've never like religion, and I've never believed in god.

but I don't see it as something I should go around spreading with random people.

"I believe man made god, outta ignorance and fear
If god made man, then why the hell would he put us here?"
- Dead Prez "Propaganda"
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:36 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next