Search
Register
wow Americans are stupid... and so is the whole world!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

August Spies

wow Americans are stupid... and so is the whole world!  Reply with quote  

http://geosurvey.nationalgeographic.com/geosurvey/templates/question_20.html

so so so sad.

* About 11 percent of young citizens of the U.S. couldn't even locate the U.S. on a map.

*Despite the threat of war in Iraq and the daily reports of suicide bombers in Israel, less than 15 percent of the young U.S. citizens could locate either country.

*Particularly humiliating was that all countries were better able to identify the U.S. population than many young U.S. citizens. Within the U.S., almost one-third said that population was between one billion and two billion; the answer is 289 million.

*On average, fewer than 25 percent of young people worldwide could locate Israel on the map. Only about 20 percent could identify hotspots like Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
absurd21_13

we might not be able to find iraq on the map but we sure can locate your ass so we can put a boot in it. all these other countries hate america because we simply are bad ass motherfuckers. jealousy envy...wicked niggas.. by the way august spies where are you from?
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:50 pm
August Spies

thanks for proving my piont absurd.

anyways this was a international study done by National Geographic. It is not about the rest of the world hating us. I have no idea why you would bring that up.

and, as my "location" might indicate, I live in D.C. good job.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mysterious Dr.Q

Hey man, be cool  Reply with quote  

don't be making fun of any americans, it's defiling to the whole world because we're the best there is, and George Bush is working his ass off to make sure we can stay free and not die a horrid life in the clutches of that idiot, Sadam, plus, when you make fun of americans, we bounce right back and make fun of Canadians! (no, not really, just wanted to say that)
The world is not dumb my friend, you are. Just calm down, it will get better.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:54 pm
scott

i got 1 wrong...but yeah thats pathetic those results. I think im moving to sweeden where there is a sign of intelligence.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:57 pm
August Spies

"it's defiling to the whole world because we're the best there is, "

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

"The world is not dumb my friend, you are. "

what is your guy's problem. I posted a link to an international study showing the horrible geographic skills most kids worldwide have. Yes they are dumb. at least in geography. (for the record I took the test and missed 1 question). Anyways insulting me does not affect the results of the survey now does it?

Last edited by August Spies on Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:58 pm
absurd21_13

heres a good answer for you. who gives a fuck? why dont you stop complaining and do something about it. why dont you go help people look at maps or something instead of coming here and bitching about here in the forum. do you think your post will affect people here. im pretty good with geography. so i dont give a shiznit. what do you want out of this post?
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:58 pm
August Spies

:roll: wow I just thought it was an interesting survey that people might like to read. Why does anyone post anything here? why do people complain about eminem or bling bling rap? not going to change it by talking here. Hell why do newspapers and news shows ever report things? they aren't changing anything by telling people stuff.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:01 pm
absurd21_13

lest all give august spies a pat on the back and a cookie he deserves it. what a humanitarian!
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:04 pm
August Spies

I posted a link to a news story and took some quotes from it. You are not insulting me by argueing about why countries hate america> perhaps you shoudl read thing before posting.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:07 pm
Shylax

Is it possible Absurd and Dr. Q are the dumbest posters on this site...

August gave you a link to survey! He wanted you to check it out and offer your thoughts on the findings. That's it. Why the corny display of mindless patriotism?

You two make Americans look like illiterate thugs. You two don't read well do you?
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:16 pm
Wallet Inspector

absurd21_13 wrote:
heres a good answer for you. who gives a fuck?

Well, that would be a question, not an answer... you mindless nothing.

Mysterious Dr.Q wrote:
The world is not dumb my friend, you are. Just calm down, it will get better.

^^Fucking ridiculous. So in other words, keep quiet about anything you think is wrong... sit back and ignore your problems because they'll eventually not only go away, but your situation will improve!

And your comment about not making fun of Americans because we're better than everyone is just as ignorant.

Last edited by Wallet Inspector on Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:19 pm
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

absurd21_13 wrote:
heres a good answer for you. who gives a fuck? why dont you stop complaining and do something about it. why dont you go help people look at maps or something instead of coming here and bitching about here in the forum. do you think your post will affect people here. im pretty good with geography. so i dont give a shiznit. what do you want out of this post?

the point of a forum is to discuss topics of interest. August is obviously interested in this.(as am i). If you are not then go tot the next topic. end of story.

people like you who entertain themselves playing devils advocate at the expense of others attempts to engage in a difficult conversation regarding "uncomfortable" topics make me fuckin sick.

all that talk about topics being too serious or too political need be deaded now.

i think that this is what i come here for
i think that there is more to the story than just "us vs. them"
and I think that the youth of today are far too complacent , and far to comfortable.(just plain un-informed, and frankly scared to death)

I appreiciate this kind of discussion you slow motherfucker.

catch up bitch.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:53 pm
sequence

Yeah, these two probably want to go to Bovine University when they grow up. Seriously though, that shit is disturbing. I took it and got them all right, but seriously....how can you not know where Israel/Russia/Argentina is? Come on, that is just fucked up. People don't hate America because we're the most 'bad ass', it's because we have a history of destroying other people's cultures, telling them what is right and wrong, massacring their people, and shoving our values down their throats. It's obvious from this poll that I ought to move to Scandinavia, christ. At least they know where their own country is...I once met a kid who thought Africa was a country...that shit is scary.

These two fellows, are retards. Please go give G Dub a rimmie and spare us your stupidity. I appreciated August posting this.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:23 pm
Blasphemy

Whohoo, we're better than Germany!!

When you think about it, it doesn't really matter if the common citizen knows where Iraq is. Let's just hope the US military does when they go there to fight. ;)
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:29 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next