Search
Register
Heroin nods.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Solomon Klepto

Oh and just to clarify...  Reply with quote  

I wasnt just glorifyin it... Just speakin on personal experience....
Drugs are Drugs, theyre all the same and I dont touch em anymore.. But Ive already said that before...
Peace be with...
SK
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:14 am
MessiahCarey

eNDTRoDUCINg wrote:
uhm i think its the addictive tendancies that kinda make it heroin genius.

I would point out how I disagree, etc. with what you said - but I have NEVER taken a condescending tone with you, or anybody save Jah Redd...heh, on this board (even in disagreement) and I don't plan on catering to yours.

Peace,
Shane
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:03 am
MessiahCarey

SK...because my friend is hooked (again, I don't do the shit) I started reading an awful lot of first-hand addiction accounts on the net...so I can try and UNDERSTAND him instead of just spitting bullshit medical facts and rehashed "Just Say No(tm)" bullshit at him.

Most of the accounts I read are from your area...perhaps why I chose "nod" as a word. Neat, huh? Thanks for your input.

Peace,
Shane
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:05 am
Reggie

Back in 1995 or so, a lot of my friends were doing heroin, and I was curious about it. A good friend of mine that lived down the block was steadily getting addicted through regular use, and one night I went over when he and another guy (we called "Mike Buckets") were snorting it. "I'd like to try this," I said, "not today, but in the near future." That night I watched my friend nod in and out of consciousness while Mike Buckets was passed out on the couch, waking up intermittently to vomit into a bucket (hence the name.) Within a week my friend lost his job and totalled his car, within the month he was living in a squat downtown robbing local record stores for money to buy heroin.

This is not a usual rate of decline, but I'm glad I never got around to trying it then.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:27 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

this thread was slightly upsetting to read.

i actually have a sick feeling in my stomach because of it.

what is this about heroin not being all that bad of a drug

it really seems to be one of the worst

people die REGULARLY from it

i happen to know a few...my dad was one of them. i dont know any drug that has ruined or taken as many lives as heroin

so was the point of this post to open up discussion or something else?
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:33 pm
MessiahCarey

Well, the reason I posted was because I was curious as to see who had dealt with watching the "nods" and the sadness that comes with it, as well as the whole addiction thinng - kinda hoping to find some people that could relate and offer me some sort of consolence (and was successful in doing so - thanks everyone)

I don't think heroin is "bad". Addiction is bad...to anything y'know? Obviously heroin lends itself to addiction easier than most drugs, but you can't ignore the possibility that someone could use heroin responsibly...after all, I know people who do, and have, with no trouble whatsoever - their use is constrained one weekend monthly or whatever and they don't shirk resonsibilities to acquire the drug. I certainly can't condemn these people for something they choose to do...it's not in my nature.

My mother suffered from this bullshit, too. I was younger and knew less of what was going on - but I could tell she was always falling asleep...it is horrible...at the time, my other mom (my grandmother) didn't even know what the nods were - she just thought my mom was recovering from an all-nighter, little did she know she was high right then.

I hate the fact that my BEST FRIEND from childhood is addicted to heroin. I hate it more than anything I think I've ever hated before. I didn't have ANY friends except this kid until I got into High School...I have brothers, but being adopted by my grandmother and whatnot they were really Aunts and Uncles so I had nobody to grow up with. I HATE his addiction...but I could never blame it on the drug. I can blame it on HIM, I can blame it on his "friends" that make it accesible (something I've corrected with some phone calls)...but I could NEVER blame the heroin itself as it does nothing but sit there and wait for someone to consume it.

So I feel that the heroin isn't "bad". It's the people who misuse it are doing a bad thing...just like sex. I hope that makes more sense.

Peace,
Shane
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:16 pm
Dee

I definitely have some "OCD" tendencies. Not scientifically, but I have retarded habits and shit that I do. I wouldn't trust myself to "try" heroin, fuck that.
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:32 pm
MessiahCarey

djdee2005 wrote:
I definitely have some "OCD" tendencies. Not scientifically, but I have retarded habits and shit that I do. I wouldn't trust myself to "try" heroin, fuck that.

A very VERY VERY respectable position.

I tried it once and was mildly impressed...but I have a pretty good willpower when it comes to handling shit like that. I haven't done it sense and certainly don't plan on it now.

Peace,
Shane
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:47 am
Reggie

Yeah, my little story supports Shane's argument. I saw the high, and I was turned off. Others have seen the high, and have been attracted to it. The drug didn't change, the perception was different.

Sage obviously has serious personal problems with heroin which are understandable...but blaming heroin for someone's addiction is like blaming a pencil for having a dull point.

You can blame me for my dull points, though.

As a postscript to my earlier heroin story, Mike Buckets still uses heroin and the other guy passed away from an overdose.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:00 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

i can't understand the "heroin isn't bad" argument.

at all.

enlighten me.
Post Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:36 pm
amo1ne

Why would anyone even WANT to try heroine? Maybe I should just appreciate the fact that I have a really good life, I don't know.. all these suicide and drug stories are fucked up. I just don't understand why people can't figure out better ways of passing time than fucking with dirty needles and shit? The thought alone makes me sick.
Post Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:44 pm
futuristxen

I've got a fear of needles. . .but I'm with amo1ne, I don't understand really why people in this day and age are doing heroin after all the horror stories. I mean I can understand weed, it's safer than alkyhol, to me. But drugs like cocaine and heroin. . . I feel for you Shane, without even hearing about nods and stuff, having one of my friends on heroin would tear me up.
Post Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:14 pm
darianluv

People do drugs to try to have fun and are curious or want to escape thier real lives.

As a side note i woke up twice this week not sure if it was morning or night. something worse is waking up in a house and you don't know anyone there.
Post Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:45 am
Sfmindtrap2

IS this kinda like what happens with alcahol were people are drifiting in and out of conciousness, yeah those arent cool, just came back from a party and like 3 people were doin that shit, one was really really bad and the other two were just like bad hehe, not cool though, definately not cool
Post Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:12 am
lies217

this does make me sad.
i never post here, but after reading this thread, i felt like i could add something.
heroin is a powerful, powerful drug.
it is also the most decieving substance around.
what at first seems like(and probably is...) the best feeling a human being can feel...will eventually lead incomprehensibly terrible situations.
someone above said something about people being able to use heroin responsibly...and how it takes years of use to get to a desperate measures type of situation...sounds good..but it's not true.
while a person's habit depends on a lot of things, daily use of heroin leads to addiction, and fast.
and once addicted, people WILL do almost anything to get it...
mind you, once addicted, it's no longer about getting high, but getting well.
without heroin, an addict gets progressively sicker and more desperate.
and it doesn't really matter how long you have been using, once your an addict...your an addict...at least until you kick and get clean...which is a whole other issue in itself.
i don't want to sound too preachy or lame.

but
this is a subject i take very seriously...

i WAS addicted to heroin for a long time.
i ruined alot of things behind it...(friends, career, relationships etc)
and i have lost a lot of friends because they could not see a way out of this..
i feel sage regarding this not being funny or cool.
shit..to get real honest with you all(and sage)...
sage performed at an art opening of mine in SF a couple of years ago but i remember almost none of it because i was in the bathroom most of the night trying to stay "well"....(but i do remember some, and i have pictures to remind me of the whole thing...it was dope.)

but...
that was 2 years ago...
i have been clean for 15 months now and things are better for me than i could have ever imagined.
and that is not sad.

messiah...
so tell your boy that there is hope....
and hit me up if you feel the need.

i don't know if i should actually post all this...but it sort of feels right...so fuck it!.

peace.
what up sage.

lies217
twilight2g@yahoo.com
Post Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:35 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next