Search
Register
Eminem walked 8 Miles thru 3 ft of snow, UPHILL, both ways
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

the majority of people on this board, including myself, gave "Lose Yourself" a major thumbs up.

so no, I don't see you
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:29 pm
Shylax

http://www.non-prophets.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1871

I didn't tally up all the posts to see the majority since i left at page 2. But now I have faith in this board.

But by page 2, the haters were winning :P LOL
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:43 pm
argot

watch how many little white rappers come out of all of this...

fuck him to hell... goddamnit
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:44 pm
amo1ne

The last thing I want to do is start talking about Eminem AGAIN, but I was like 5 seconds away from posting on that shit from SNL last night. That shit pissed me off too. Just the fact that they thought they were being clever with that battle shit when the whole point of a freestyle battle is to actually freestyle! It was straight exploitation. next someones gonna do a graff film and your gonna have all kinds of toys running around making fools of themselves, at least if they approached it from a funny angle as sage mentioned but this was just embarassing. this is what provokes kids to be posers and act in a way in which theyre not, if they dont really know about shit, they shouldnt act like they do. and it was also funny how britney murphey thought she was like the ring-leader of it all. she acted all egotistical and smoothe like she was a champion cause she acted in a movie with eminem about freestyling. what a joke!

on another note though, britney murphey looked pretty damn good last night. i decided id like to seriously bone her but did anyone else notice how she was a whore in every single one of her skits? i think thats a reflection of something.

anyways that fat guy kills me, i was laughing so hard during that leather store skit when he tip-toe danced into the room and got whipped, hahah. that shit was hillarious. also that mexican shower thing had me crying, hahaha! god bless saturday night live.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:45 pm
Shylax

^^^

haha,

So all the pioneers that spawned little white rappers like Eyedea and so forth are ok?

Crazy. Release the hate from your hearts.....
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:47 pm
Shylax

^^^

This wasn't directed at you Amo.

But I wish I saw the skit. It sounds funny.

This reminds me of when Liscensed to ill dropped. Cats around my way were heated thinking the Beasties were making fun of hiphop and would spawn more white rappers who weren't down.

History repeats itself....
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:52 pm
firefly

I can't stand when comedy shows sacrifice comedy for political/social/moral issues. That's one of the reasons I hate sitcoms. Comedy shows should STICK TO COMEDY. It seems like they care more about image sometimes.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:53 pm
amo1ne

Yeah but it wasnt really a skit Shylax, you know in the intros when they all come out and introduce the guest? Well they thought it would be cool to "freestyle" it and it was so not funny. Just embarassing since they were really taking it seriously. That shit about Donahue made me laugh though, haha. "A Mexican shower is when you stand over the sink and wash your armpits with a towel" hahaha!
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:03 pm
mr self distrukt

sage watches SNL?  Reply with quote  

i don't really get why anyone would assume anything positive would come out of a mult-million dollar production and a multi-million dollar promotion just cuz it has your little poster boy for bullshit was in it.

you really can't get more "safe" than that.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:22 pm
amo1ne

actually i wasnt dissing the movie, i was refering to saturday night live. the movie was good, i liked it. who cares about budget, lord of the rings was the most expensive hollywood project of all time, are you gonna say that wasnt "real" or something?
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:26 pm
Sarcastro

I'm always late on the good threads  Reply with quote  

FireFly wrote:
"Who says he's doing it? How is he allowing himself to be a puppet?"

By sacrificing artistic integrity for cream.

"Them that's gots, I get
Them that's not shall lose
But man, you gotta get it while the gettin is good
Now, if you can get it all this much and this fast
Don't be tellin me you wouldn't 'cause I know that you would"
J-Live

Also SNL rules, and it is a satyrical show, the point of a satyre is to pock fun at things in real life. But the loss of Will Ferrell has caused me to stop watching the show as much.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:16 pm
sleeklegend

Re: Eminem walked 8 Miles thru 3 ft of snow, UPHILL, both wa  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:

Instead of a bratty, angsty Eminem...we are getting a more sensitive and "cute" Eminem on the cover of every magazine that clogs the racks in our Super Market aisles.

First of all, I think your vague personal vendetta that you have maintained against Eminem in general makes you somewhat biased. In my personal opinion, it wasn't a gimmick to present Eminem as more sensitive or cute, but Eminem's personal choice to retreat from the blatant horrorcore stuff off Marshall Mathers and move on towards more personal songs on the Eminem Show. The dude has just matured...he doesn't feel like saying "fuck the world" anymore, hence the loss of the "angsty" Eminem...probably due in part to the fact that he almost went to jail, which seems to have been somewhat of a wake-up call to him. It seems as if a lot of you are generalizing into some kind of pop-culture scheme to project an image that Eminem has no control over.

And also...yes, of course 8 Mile Hollywood-ized hip-hop; it's a big-budget movie with a rap star that was more concerned with chasing Oscars than preserving the integrity of the hip-hop culture. But one SNL skit isn't going to make it crumble, unless I was completely wrong about how strong a movement like hip-hop is...especially considering hip-hop has been Hollywood-ized BEFORE 8 Mile. My two cents have been placed, and the penny for your thoughts can be saved through paying the rest of your attention to what I said, bizzles.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:52 pm
td3

as i was watching SNL last night... i was saying to my girlfriend how i was amazed on how mainstream "freestyle battle rapping" is now... i agree, they werent really making it funny, they were actually trying to "diss" each other... but the corney shit about that was the EAST vs WEST shit...YET AGAIN

why cant hip-hop go on without having to be associated with this shit STILL? Every article seems to go this route, ESPECIALLY an article on any hip-hop artists' death or anything on Suge Knight

td3
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:08 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amo1ne

^ agreed. like there was any real truth to this "rap war" in the past either, plus it made the "battle" all the much cornier.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:15 pm
eNDTRoDUCINg

i'm guessing yall didnt like the lyricist lounge show either. it had its moments but oh well. shit- eminem has talent and it shows here and there. he has done shit to play out in public, causing scenes and whatnot. but think of it like this, everyone talks shit when an athelete comes out early for the pros, but think if it was you, you had the talent, and actually physically tomorrow you could make a whole fuckton of money and not have to worry about car payments or the bill collectors calling you (like they call me) its easier said than done. it least someone made it. cuz if other people from the "underground" made itd be no fun, then youd have less artists to like. just let him do his thing if thats the thing he wants to do. im in no way standing up for him cuz he doesnt put out shit like he did for soundbombing (but that new single is good, ill admit) i just dont go buy his stuff like i used, i have to test it 1st. bottom line is, he does stir up shit for money, he hasnt wasted talent, he just hasnt used it, and for a better life id sell out too.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:17 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next