Search
Register
Question about a member of the Providence Slam Team...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

TDS_EmanueLabor

Question about a member of the Providence Slam Team...  Reply with quote  

I don't remember the guy's name and I can't find the little book they gave out with everybody's info @ the Slam in Minneapolis, but there was one guy on the Providence Slam team who did a piece in the semi-final bout with NYC Urbana and two other teams (i can't remember who they were but i know one of them was Buddy Wakefield's team) that was really really dope...
it started out with this whole "IT'S A PARTY!!!!" kinda thing where he's naming all these crazy kinda things you'd ony see at a wild party or whatever and then it kinda shifts to a scene of a girl (or at least i think it was a girl) at a party jumping off a ledge or something. and from there, to me, the poem made a lot of commentary on the nature of artistic communities and how there's pressure to be things people aren't and the pressure to be the next big thing or as i believe he put it in his poem "the next Sage Francis..." or something like that. sorry if my description of the poem is kinda off, i only heard it once.
anyways, I wantd to know who the guy was and if he has any books or CDs available and where i coud possibly find them? or if there's any place i can just find some of his works, a website or some sort of anthology or anything. i guess the net would probably be the most likely place for me to purchase a book or cd of his since I'm in Chicago and all. So if anyone knows of a website or even a way I could get in touch with him. Basically if anyone knows anything at all that would help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks in advance
Post Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:28 am
TDS_EmanueLabor

up...
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:25 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

his name is Bernard Dolan and I want to punch him in the face.

Every time he performs he floors the crowd...and I want to punch him right in the face for it.

too good.

too good.
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:01 am
Jared Paul

that's my man!!  Reply with quote  

he did it again tonight in boston at the youth regionals,
Bernard mother f.cking Dolan!!
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:19 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eclipse31982

fdsfggsagsadfgsdgsdagsd  Reply with quote  

he is the best thing to come to poetry slams since poetry.... sliced bread has nothing on him....

peace ya'll

jared answer your phone for a change
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

i still wanna punch him dead in his melon yo
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:16 pm
eclipse31982

...  Reply with quote  

yea there have been times when i have wanted to punch him, then i thought about the fact that he out weighs me by about 100 pounds, and the whole 6 foot 4 thing, plus he seems to have some aggression... not a good idea... i think you could take him though, go for it, i got your back homeboy
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:07 pm

Jump to: