Search
Register
Good People Check: Is this really a diss track to Slug
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Random Sample

Obviously the anticon guys weren't going to move to New York and get down with Company Flow. They don't really like each other. When I talk about Company Flow's influence I am not talking about their music influence, which it did influence a lot of people, but more so, I am talking about their influence on the whole entire movement. They made the biggest dent and the biggest shake up of any other group towards commercialized hip hop.

New York is, and always will be, the Hip Hop mecca. To say that california has been holding the underground scene down for a longer period of time is a little crazy.

It is funny how you say all of these california crews that were spin offs of Freestyle Fellowship, but they worked with company flow or got beats done by EL-P. Blackalicious - Deception Pt. 3. Latryx - Looking over a city. Del - Offspring. I think that Company Flow had a little bit more influence than you think.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:19 pm
Reggie

Hmmm...maybe, just maybe, anticon located itself in the Bay Area due to the super-saturated underground scene in New York that exists and has existed since 1971?

I have my own theories that they might have considered that scene too "thugged-out" for them, but that's completely speculation on my part, and it's not being very fair, to boot.

But still, there would be NO Project Blowed if it hadn't been for Colc Chillin'...and the scene Co Flow came up in, which is the mid 90's Fondle 'Em scene that included the Arsonists, MF Doom, the Juggaknots, etc. was directly influential on the diy ethics predominant in underground rap today.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:32 pm
Random Sample

Reggie  Reply with quote  

No doubt that they built of the cold chillin and the wild pitch stuff.

I personally think that the mid nineties fondle em stuff maybe some of my favorite hip hop. I just wish I would have bought records back then so I could have a lot of that stuff. The juggaknots LP is so good. I forgot to list that as one of my favorites of the last five years. I think it may be older than that.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:55 pm
mr self distrukt

Indelible MCs baby.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:00 pm
Reggie

Good news for you then, random_sample...the Juggaknots lp is going to be re-released on CD with extra tracks at the end of February.

Here's a little bit of trivia: besides the "Clear Blue Skies" remix from Fat Beats Compilation vol.1 is the ONLY place you can hear a Juggaknots track on CD? I am not counting any DJ's mix-CDs, either.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:04 pm
gerhupsom vanbone

hey  Reply with quote  

My foot hurts.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:09 pm
Tony@Beyond Space

all the guys at anticon are very talented and very nice guys they dont force you to listen to there music but still everybody feels they should express how much they dislike anticon, tim helped alot of underground emcees wether they like toa dmit it or not, when he used to run truehiphop he would push everything thats were must heard about all these underground heads, he sells more records on the internet then must can even dream of he was one of the first to actually use the internet as his main promotion many followed but few had the sucess of sole i will also admire sole as a businessman who also hapens to be one of the best poets of are time. nosdam, telephone jim jesus, bomarr monk, sole, and passage will all be featured on Beyond Space presents vol 1 coming in febuary..

Sole selling live water is going to shock alot of you
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gerhupsom vanbone

Just wondering.

Is there any already heard songs on selling live water?

Anticon doesn't get played repititously on the radio, so none of you HAVE to hear them. this is why america is good.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:13 pm
mr self distrukt

Reggie wrote:
Good news for you then, random_sample...the Juggaknots lp is going to be re-released on CD with extra tracks at the end of February.

Here's a little bit of trivia: besides the "Clear Blue Skies" remix from Fat Beats Compilation vol.1 is the ONLY place you can hear a Juggaknots track on CD? I am not counting any DJ's mix-CDs, either.

you're not talking about the farewell fondle 'em comp are you?
it's more of a label comp than a mix disc... but still.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:14 pm
Reggie

mr self distrukt wrote:
Reggie wrote:

you're not talking about the farewell fondle 'em comp are you?
it's more of a label comp than a mix disc... but still.

Ha, I didn't even think about that one...but no, the one I am talking about is much older.

It's a rarity and trivia games are lame so I'll just tell it.

Elektra put out a sampler of up-and-coming artists in 1996 called "Illstyle Live!" which was a soundboard recording of a live exposition from that year, and on the track was I'm Gonna Kill U.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:17 pm
Dee

funcrusher wrote:
well this coming from someone who said jay-z sounds real.

Shut the fuck up, you pretentious underground pussy.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:29 pm
Random Sample

Reggie  Reply with quote  

thanks for the info. I will definitely be picking that up.

I am trying to find it on vynil also. I saw it on ebay, but I don't want to spend 50.00 on it. I have a pretty big vynil collection. I have been buying records for a couple of years now. I been trying to buy all of the old fondle'em stuff I can get. I got like 5 or 6 of them.
Post Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:54 pm
chauncey@anticon

re: the song  Reply with quote  

seems to me the song addresses much bigger issues regarding rap music in general. although it's a "diss song." i think it's more about disappointment than anything else-- disappointment with things dose obviously cares a lot about-- music, artists, and people in the hiphop scene (and their artistic integrity), one of which might have included slug. and yes, i also think he's implying irony by doing a "diss song" about this subject because in a sense it's the negativity in the genre that frustrates and disappoints him.
Post Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:44 pm
mack-mode

djdee2005 wrote:
funcrusher wrote:
well this coming from someone who said jay-z sounds real.

Shut the fuck up, you pretentious underground pussy.

there you go again using the p-word. you are like a little kid who just learned a new word from the dictionary.
Post Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:04 pm
Dee

Oh shut the FUCK UP! You are such a little bitch! My fucking god. If it ain't done by whites and you can actually understand it, you fucking hate! Get a fucking life, Austin Texaas.
Post Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:26 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next