View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

mr self distrukt

just cause you look the part, don't mean you can play  Reply with quote  

...ask Manute Bol

http://espn.go.com/minorlh/news/2002/1112/1460103.html
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:04 pm
futuristxen

I think this is a wonderful story actually. Dude is giving his his all to help his home country. You think if some of these american stars had this much devotion to their communities something might get done? And Manute is trying to save a whole fucking country.

I think they should put him in goal.

Manute is the best player over 7 foot 6 to ever play in the NBA. I remember once when the bulls were playing the sixers, manute single handedly shut down the bulls. Just swatting pippen and jordan like gnats.

and anyone remember when Manute hit like 6 threes in a game with that kooky over the shoulder shot--shit is the craziest stuff i've ever seen.

and he's killed a lion without a gun.

Manute Bol is a man in a boys world.
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:48 pm
Gee-Q

word futuristxen.

manute bol is definetley the best player 7 foot 6 to ever play. He still holds the NBA record for blocks in a downing of the court with 10. Thats amazing and will probably never be broken.

hahah WORD I remeber when he hit like 6 threes in a game with 76ers
Barkley was soo happy for him he was in tears. That was SOO DOPE.

I read an article one time how Manute was trapped in Egypt.

peace

gee-Q
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:57 pm
JTP

Men like Manute Bol are rare, extremely rare. In more ways than one of course.
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:09 pm
DM

...  Reply with quote  

He's a great individual. I always liked watching him play as a kid.

abacus
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:30 pm
Dee

Denver Nuggets baby.

Man. They suck.
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:32 pm
Moolah

My favourite Manute moment was when someone kept the ball from going out of bounds, and the ball gets to Manute.

He lifts up one of his legs and does a "puts the ball between his legs manouvre" and then passes to someone else.

It was the most randomly funny basketball moment ever. Manute was sick.
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:41 am
futuristxen

Moolah wrote:
My favourite Manute moment was when someone kept the ball from going out of bounds, and the ball gets to Manute.

He lifts up one of his legs and does a "puts the ball between his legs manouvre" and then passes to someone else.

It was the most randomly funny basketball moment ever. Manute was sick.

HAHAHAAAAAA!!! I remember that!
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:51 am
td3

"I read an article one time how Manute was trapped in Egypt. "

haha what??

td3
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:36 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
futuristxen

td3 wrote:

haha what??

td3

He was having a seriously hard time getting back into our country, because he was supporting one of the military groups in his home country, so he was kind of shaded a terrorist. I actually was glad to read this article, because that was the last I heard about manute, I thought he was stuck out in africa with a gun. I think that's why the he's supporting a childrens foundation now, even though it doesn't really work on the problem as much as treat the symptoms.

I've heard stories about him being one funny ass motherfucker. I think he and barkley are good friends, I'm interested to see if barkley mentions this story on TNT tonight.

It's crazy, but if Yao Ming and Shawn Bradley would just look at how manute played the game the would be so much better off. Dude had his hands up all the time. It's pathetic to see people rebound or dunk over ming or bradley. They just don't know how to use their size. It's nice if you can run the floor and shoot the outside shot, but what does that have to do with being a 7 foot 6 center in the nba? I could just get a 6'10 power forward to do the same thing.
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:50 pm
futuristxen

futuristxen wrote:
td3 wrote:

haha what??

td3

He was having a seriously hard time getting back into our country, because he was supporting one of the military groups in his home country, so he was kind of shaded a terrorist. I actually was glad to read this article, because that was the last I heard about manute, I thought he was stuck out in africa with a gun. I think that's why the he's supporting a childrens foundation now, even though it doesn't really work on the problem as much as treat the symptoms.

I've heard stories about him being one funny ass motherfucker. I think he and barkley are good friends, I'm interested to see if barkley mentions this story on TNT tonight.

It's crazy, but if Yao Ming and Shawn Bradley would just look at how manute played the game they would be so much better off. Dude had his hands up all the time. It's pathetic to see people rebound or dunk over ming or bradley. They just don't know how to use their size. It's nice if you can run the floor and shoot the outside shot, but what does that have to do with being a 7 foot 6 center in the nba? I could just get a 6'10 power forward to do the same thing.
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:51 pm
Gee-Q

word futuristxen
TD3, u never heard that? search his name on yahoo and I think you can find the article. Its really interesting.
dude i heard he was at the basketball hall of fame back in the summer talking to some kids. If i didnt have to work I would of been right there. He was spotted in downtown springfield at a restaraunt.

ahhaha I was just watching ESPN when he through a punch at some dude on the court. Shit i forgot who it was he threw a punch at but he missed. It was soo funny. "Manute, Manute, Manute is on Fire"- Stewart Scott

Fuck Jordan lets bring back Manute
peace

gee-Q
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:54 pm
td3

u sure it was him downtown?

how could they tell it was him? alot of people are 7'6"

I wish i got my picture taken with Moses Malone when we seen him in the strip club that night he got enducted into the hall of fame...haha

"Moses... Moses!!" - td3 (while Mr. Malone was afraid his wife would find out)

PS: didnt Manute Bol-cut whoop William "The Fridge" Perry's ass?
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to: