Search
Register
"Live Band, Dead Poet" Tour. how's this looking,
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

futuristxen

Re: "Live Band, Dead Poet" Tour. how's this looki  Reply with quote  

Sage Francis wrote:

Wednesday 5-Feb New Orleans

alllll riiighhhht
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:22 pm
Tooch

Chicago  Reply with quote  

Sage, tell me your performing somewhere other than the Empty Bottle in Chicago. The place is a shithole and in a bad neighborhood. You dont want your fans going out there late at night.
What are you expecting about 500? What about Double Door? Metro?
Hit me up and I'll get you a list of places and who to call
tooch7@hotmail.com
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:12 pm
The Dead Poet

nice title...lol

looks good... i may be able to catch the san diego show along with the LA show...which is good...

pz
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:32 pm
mr self distrukt

sensitive subject  Reply with quote  

Tooch wrote:
Sage, tell me your performing somewhere other than the Empty Bottle in Chicago. The place is a shithole and in a bad neighborhood. You dont want your fans going out there late at night.
tooch7@hotmail.com

hoooooooooold up, tooch.
"you don't want your fans going out there late at night?" WHAT?!?!
the empty bottle is a damn institution and most definitely is not a shithole. i love that place.
i live right by the double door and don't really see much of a neighborhood difference between the two. and while the double door and empty bottle both have tons of character, empty bottle doesn't have the attitude to go with it.
plus the double door doesn't have a photo booth. ha!

man i wanna go off in regards to that neighborhood remark. it's such a great area... the staff at empty bottle are great. and at least a hundred times better than the assholes at the metro. the venue itself is great. and i almost think every show should be there. i have had a few friends that live right in the vicinity. we would walk to shows all the time. at ALL hours.
bad neighborhood? c'mon.

i know it's not cool to trip like this, but
i'm so sick of empty bottle and fireside bowl gettin bad raps, cuz if people spend five minutes in the area they'll realize what's up.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:41 pm
Soul Khansenses

Re: Chicago  Reply with quote  

Tooch wrote:
tooch7@hotmail.com

Pussy.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:08 pm
Jimmie Ooombar

Sage Francis wrote:
Tuesday 11-Feb San Diego

You sir have made me highly happy.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:36 pm
Tooch

Listen. Let me clarify myself. I live on LaSalle and Division and the quickest way to get to the Bottle is down Division. Have you been down Division latley? So....No I'm not a pussy. I do go to the Bottle alot, I have friends in Bucktown and Wickerpark. I like the bar. Cabbies wont go there past 12:00 so I cant find a cab home, I have to start walking and hope one comes along. Once I made it to Cabrini and a tow truck driver picked me up because he felt bad. Ask Sneebdotcom about his experience through Cabrini it was posted on the board 1 day after Sage's last show at the Bottle.

Next:

I grew up in Cicero, I know bad neigborhoods. Empty Bottle is in a SHITHOLE, I repeat SHITHOLE neighborhood. Secluted!

Anyway, Bottle is better for Rock bands but your right has great character.

I just wanted Sage to know what his fans felt about the joint, I wasnt sure if he knew any better. now he does.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:37 pm
ddouble

Sage, how about a Louisville, KY show...  Reply with quote  

...after the Bloomington, IN show??? This time, with sound. Hopefully no one gets corralled like Rich @ the boder. If I can help hook this up, I will. DD
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:41 pm
Aroen

where's the feb. 14 show at? please tell me it's NOT going to be at The Gallery.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:43 pm
kayla
cutie n3wb

Sage Francis wrote:
Wednesday 5-Feb New Orleans

Good.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:54 pm
Five-O-seven

I don't like this WEDNESDAY show in Minneap......in a perfect world you would play on a weekend. Now I will have to take a vacation day to check out the show. 1/16 of my yearly time off will be for your shindig. You'd better rap well....or else.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:57 pm
mr self distrukt

okay, sorry yall but i just gotta reply to this.

first, sage performed at both the empty bottle and the fireside bowl when he toured with atmosphere a while back. so i'm sure he's well aware of whatever you're trying to warn against.

second, yes i've been down division. almost every day. i'm there all the time. you don't fuck with people, people don't fuck with you. so yes, you are a pussy.

third, i remember sneeb's cabrini comments. they were quite racist actually. although i never replied to them, they confused me just as much as yours do now. i thought cabrini green is way over in old town by north and clybourn. that's no where near empty bottle. hell, double door's much closer since it's just off north. so how do you manage to walk all the way over there? and anyway, due to the unfortunate matters of chicago, gentrification is tearin most of that down and there's starbucks right across the street. i was even at a street festival not two months ago in the shadow of it. it's really quite amazing and sad.

i guess we just gotta disagree on this, because damn! empty bottle's neighborhood ain't a shithole. i can think of three bars, a restaurant, and a pizza place right now in that exact area that are dope.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:59 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I'm sorry about how some of these shows fall on weekdays. I know it sucks. I promise the show will be special though. The whole band thing will allow me to do lots of new stuff
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:25 pm
arlene DAMNIT

YOU ARE A PUSSY
i lived almost DIRECTLY across the street from the bottle in chicago very RECENTLY.
it is by no means a bad neighborhood.
i have stumbled home at every possible hour from the bottle and other bars and ive never ever EVER had a problem.

ive been thru division and lasalle
been thru cabrini green
never once been scurred
and im a fuckin female.

the bottle is a dope spot if you arent a pussy
which you apparently are.

i miss that fuckin place and id go there drunk as shit at 4 am any day of the week.

assclown.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:05 pm
pav

you should throw mc squared on the tour.. or at least have him for the ny show..
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:00 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next