Search
Register
peta supporting Burger King
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

MessiahCarey

Flogg The Dawlphin wrote:
a bunch of dirty kids handing out "murder king" flyers won't change that fact.

This is false.

It could - and you can't honestly say that it is out of the realm of possibility. It's not APT to happen, but then again, you're not apt to accomplish 99% of the things that YOU decide YOU'RE going to accomplish either...that doesn't mean you won't try, though does it?

Peace,
Shane
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:35 pm
quasifoto

and someone had to believe slavery would end. and the idea wasn't accepted at first was it?
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:03 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

FLogg,
you are a straight zombie. seriously. go watch tv.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:23 pm
bobbythebear

Flogg The Dawlphin wrote:
yes, grain CAN feed the entire world easily... but that would revert our diet back to that of the european dark ages, when gruel was eaten by over 90% of the population, 360-365 days per year (depending on wealth).

life expectancy was under 30.

and thats a bad thing? what do we accomplish in 80 years that couldnt be done in 30? I'd rather everyone live to 30 with all the food, clothing, and shelter they'd ever need, as opposed to living longer, developing nasty old people problems, and having a nation of people selling their own kids on my conscious.

that said I am not a vegan. and I'm a very slow mover
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:32 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

why are you feeding into Flogg's reasoning? It's nonsense.

The implication was not that you can ONLY eat grain. Jesus Christ. Mental midgets will NOT take over this forum. They will be dealt with.

Please don't encourage false reasoning.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:39 pm
bobbythebear

I'm just saying - his big picture wasnt so big. flawed logic can be dealt with, on your terms or his terms. his terms just happen to be easier. right or wrong?
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:46 pm
Plaid

living on wheat makes your stomach hurt, i tried losing weight on a wheat germ diet. too much fiber. my stomach always hurt, and i took madd dumps.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:47 pm
dorkasaurus

"mental midgets" is an insulting term. there is no such thing as a midget. the correct term is dwarf. however dwarves prefer the term little person. hence flogg the dawlphin and his followers would be mental dwarves or little people.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:48 pm
sinista

[quote="Flogg The Dawlphin"]it was, and a grain-based diet had to do with it. the life expectancy thing was like 10% serious.[\quote]

life expectancy stayed pretty bleak not only throughout the middle ages but all the way up to the 20th century. the two reasons for the increases in life expectancy are:

1. the introduction of indoor plumbing systems and the improvement of existing methods of waste-management. the improvements in plumbing seen over the last 200 years are very much related to the upward trend of life expectancy statistics. so, next time you see your plumber....give him a big fat kiss, he's part of the reason you're still here and able to voice your opinions on this forum

2. the advent of the antimicrobial age and the introduction of vaccines. as Sarcastro pointed out, infant mortality was unbelieveably high during those times. the ability to immunize against highly virulent microorganisms is the reason more children live past the age of 8.

if you observe regions of the earth that do not have access to either plumbing or vaccinations, their life expectancy rates are not much better than the ones observed about 100, even 200, years ago in industrialized countries.

and just to make this go with what is being talked about, i believe that PETA was right in endorsing BK. i think that PETA is not going to bring about this huge, revolutionary change, instantly. you win the war by winning your battles, no matter how small they may be.

one more thing before i shut up. anything that may potentially help decrease the obsurd amount of obesity prevalent in this country is of benefit. i am not a vegan or vegetarian, but anything that might somehow curb someone from eating a 700+ calorie whopper (not including the fries and coke) should be supported. then again....if everyone was healthy, i would be out of a job. i might have to rethink my stance :wink:

Last edited by sinista on Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:53 pm
unspoken_disagreement

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan or any of that. I live with some family who are the biggest bullshit vegans in the world. They are in it for the image. They get on my case all the time about "eating flesh" and then take on of the pepperoni's off of my pizza and pop it in thier mouth.
I hate my family. But I don't really have a problem with vegitarians or vegans exept that they insist on pushing thier morals on me. All of you people should be banished to the same place those christian conservatives are (the south). Its gotten to the point that institutions that serve large quantities of food don't serve meat any more because the vegitarians make such a fuss about it. And if veganism becomes popular...... man, i'm gonna have to hurt somebody.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:56 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

dorkasaurus,
there's a difference between midgets and dwarves.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:59 pm
unspoken_disagreement

Yeah, I've always wondered about that.... A dwarf is small, and also disproportionate, right? and a midget is just small, but small all over as it were? Or am I totally off?
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:01 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

midgets have big heads. They are the disproportionate ones.

Dwarves look like shrink-a-dink elderly people.

Pardon my lack of PC on this matter. I'm certainly no expert on midgets nor dwarves. Fix me.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:19 pm
dorkasaurus

nope they are the same. midget is practically a derogatory name for a dwarf nowadays.

check this site out if you don't believe me.

http://www.lpaonline.org/resources_faq.html

and by the way, i was making a joke, albeit a bad one as it turns out.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:26 pm
unspoken_disagreement

There is no real way to tell if someone is serious or not, in my case you can just assume I'm not 90% of the time. Anyway, I don't know any "little people" but if I did, they wouldn't mind being called midgets. just cuz.
So which is that mini me dude? is he a midget or a dwarf?
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:50 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next