Search
Register
Is Esoteric directing this to Sage?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

infidelone
CAVE TROLL

Gangster rap makes me ashamed of my small penis and Bling rap makes me want to stop eating so I look better in a bikini.

Eso was cool when there were no other cool people making hip-hop records in the late nineties. He is now not cool, because he sucks.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:47 pm
elemenopee

nerd in a trucker hat aka el-p. thats who its bout.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:54 pm
Dee

If he's making fun of El-P, he's a fucking idiot. Fantastic Damage totally smashes both of his albums in terms of pure quality.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:57 pm
unspoken_disagreement

I've always sort of thought of del as the dictionary definition of nerd rap. But fuck it, del is awsome. Eso should pay more attention to his music and less to other peoples.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:04 pm
Aerosal215

yea  Reply with quote  

I dont understand this whole thing its kinda wack to me. i think if you like something then like it and if not dont pay attention to it. people calling other shit this rap or that rap, obviously if you know about it, you took enough interest in it to hear it.What makes nerd rap nerd rap anyway?? is it called that because most of them arent fronting and acting like tuff guys and talking shit? i think alot of people call it that cause alot of it comes from the heart and with true emotions and its hard for somepeople to understand. i get it though and it makes perfect sense... sorry if this whole thing i just wrote doesnt make sense im tired...peace[/b]
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:08 pm
geoffwalker

Aerosal may be on to something here guys...who the fuck cares? raise above the "who's got beef with who" level. come on. this is like indie hip hop PEOPLE shit. you know the magazine...who's dating who? who cares?

appreciate the music and forget about the other shit...it's between two peopole and no matter how hard you try, you'll never be one of em
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:11 pm
td3

he even mentions one of Sage's own lines... i dont think that is coincedental

td3
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
td3

geoffwalker wrote:
it's between two peopole and no matter how hard you try, you'll never be one of em

im not trying to be anybody but myself.. i dont know what you're talking about

td3
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
August Spies

How is Dr. Octagon any less nerdy than Fantastic Damage or whatever else they call nerd rap.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:48 pm
Dee

I don't consider El-P nerd rap either, to be honest.

Kool Keith I don't consider nerd rap because its crazy motherfucker rap. When Keith says crazy shit, you really believe he's crazy. When Slug says it, its kind of .... nerdy. Definately not bad. But he seems more nerdish.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:28 pm
August Spies

depends on the kool kieth id say. he swtiches around a lot... as im sure you are aware.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:33 pm
geoffwalker

August: i meant that you should keep your damn nose out of people's business
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:41 pm
August Spies

you meant? what are you referring to? I wasn't responding to you... nor am I "in anyones buisness"
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:19 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

word to esoteric. kinda.  Reply with quote  

you know, for a long time i thought the people writing honest, relevent lyrics in underground hip hop would result in a groundswell of intelligent, worthwhile music. i was sick of rappers rapping about absolutely nothing and how they rock the mic (which is ironic in esoteric's case because he "rocks the mic" so poorly).
then i realized where sage's (and buck's and sixtoo's and sole's et al) influence would get us: contrived songs from dumb white kids who barely muster a coherent thought, let alone an insightful one. so we have songs like mac lethal's about colors having sounds- sounding so incredibly forced and trite it almost makes you hate all that influenced them (almost). and we start to wonder: "why can't these kids just rap about how good they are?"
all that aside, the "my tree of life was more like a shrub" line was funny.
and i hate the term "nerd rap."
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:36 pm
Fladlien

I've never wore a trucker hat, but I'd probably eat the brownies because I eat almost anything.
Post Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:48 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next