Search
Register
new to a sham marriage, any info?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Pvt_Moose

new to a sham marriage, any info?  Reply with quote  

im soon about to get into a sham marraige... i met this korean girl about six months ago and would hang out with her once every 3 weeks or so... and she pops this business opportunity to me, she wants to get married so she can get her american citizenship. she offered to buy me a new car, cuz mine has pretty much less then a year left before it dies, and offered to pay rent the entire time we stay together, which was explained to me as two years.. and also explained that the living situation would be pretty much similar to roomates. i accepted and prolly by the end of next month ill be hitched...

but i was wondering if anyone had some experience with this living situation? is there any precautions i should take prior, legal wise.. or does anyone have some words of what i can prolly expect?....
Post Wed May 11, 2005 2:21 am
duke_city

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099699/
Post Wed May 11, 2005 2:27 am
FuseONE

About 6 months ago, I managed a rock band that was very popular around here. Any of you who have been remotely associated with the genre of rock music know that the girls like the guys who play instruments - as opposed to the ones who merely rap, heh. Anyhow, all the guys in the band had girlfriends. So I was free to indulge myself in all the young hooch that surrounded them but who they couldn't do anything with.

One of these girls was married to a Russian guy and she had the same type of deal that I think you're about to get in to. It might take more than one hand to count the stuff she was on that night, but from what I could gather, they don't take those type of marriages lightly. Like they check up on you regularly to make sure you're living together and this girl had to learn Russian since that was all he spoke. Although outside of "pussy" and "blow," I'm not too sure how much she actually knew. Regardless, it's not like it's just a pile of cash and no hassle. Remember that.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 2:43 am
Craig a.d.

She's a spy don't do that shit.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 6:19 am
Rhino

My buddy did that with a chick when he lived in Florida. They were just friends so he did it to help her out. She paid him 400.00 a month for a year. He moved to Mass though and didnt tell his current girlfriend that he was "married". So when that came out in the open, his relationship got all fucked up. Especially when he had to go to Florida to celebrate his anniversary with her so pictures could be taken. He had to travel to Florida several times for interviews with INS. It was a huge hassle for him. It wasnt worth the 4800.00 he made. He wouldnt do it again. And the kicker is, he is still married to her.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 6:53 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. May your life together be happy.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 7:07 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

I've known several people who've done it and my only advice is that you don't get involved with her romantically. Anything that would blur the lines of a platonic friendship / business transaction would make for a very, very hard time for the both of you. Unless, of course, you fall in love and decide you really do want to be married. But that's never happened to my friends.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 7:22 am
johnraw

How common is this?
Post Wed May 11, 2005 7:27 am
Reggie

johnraw wrote:
How common is this?

Very. Scan the "men seeking women" and "women seeking men" pages for any city on craigslist.org and see how common.

I know a girl who got into this with a Colombian guy, it was kind of a crazy sitution but it was more due to her own idiocy than anything else.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 7:51 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

My sister just broke up with her boyfriend who she wouldn't have married if he didn't need his green card.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 7:54 am
jehu

the mean wrote:
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. May your life together be happy.

ha ha... classic
Post Wed May 11, 2005 8:15 am
xcpet

The only thing that comes to mind is to make sure you write down a prenup so she can't decide that she wants to try and take half of all your stuff.

Not sure what the exact laws are on that sort of thing and whether she would have the grounds for such a claim, but it couldn't hurt.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 9:25 am
frunch66

falling in love for real!

any movie where people pretend to be in love inevitably leads to the real thing. beware.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 9:49 am
Drunken Friar

...  Reply with quote  

nothing like keeping up the sanctity of marriage.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 9:59 am
atypical

this is bizarre to me. i mean, granted.. its a business thing n what not. but somewhere along the line it just doesnt hold up.

what if she pays you what she agrees and then files for a divorce and nabs half yo shit? whoever said that made a good point. what you should do is tell her that you want all the money up front.

man, am i talking about marriage here? this is weird.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 9:59 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next