Search
Register
sage in LA...dope as fuck.
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

BiPolar Barer

God I love Mikah 9. I once thought he was a racist, but I use to have a radio show and my buddy and I went to Project Blowed in Crenshaw and we went up stairs to do some promos and he and St Mark greeted us with some weed and he did some freestyling and it blew my garter belt off...I was amazed. It was actually the Hiphopoween show in 98. Needless to say he is not rascist and one cool mutha
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:27 am
BiPolar Barer

God I love Mikah 9. I once thought he was a racist, but I use to have a radio show and my buddy and I went to Project Blowed in Crenshaw and we went up stairs to do some promos and he and St Mark greeted us with some weed and he did some freestyling and it blew my garter belt off...I was amazed. It was actually the Hiphopoween show in 98. Needless to say he is not rascist and one cool mutha
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:27 am
illmatik06

i wasnt really feelin mikah9's performance but i was feelin what he was TRYING to do...haha..anyways, most everyone at the show was there to see sage. i was one of those that bounced after his set. anyways, SAGE. COME BACK TO LA SOON AND ON THE REGULAR.
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:43 am
tatto0edhands

ahh ...  Reply with quote  

dope ass show! living legends looked kinda bored tho. especially eligh. sage def put on a good show, he's funny as hell. i got to rock on stage with abstract rude and aceyalone. good times, dope 18th birthday i must say!
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:34 pm
dabinduppes

....  Reply with quote  

Mikah9...racist...you do know he's half white-half Native American right?

as far as the Legends are concerned, I have a new-found love for Scarub ov ther past month or two, HeavenBound is a SICK SICK SICK cd....keep an eye on this guy...

Im glad the show went as smooth as it did....

November.....
we're proud to have Emanon, Mission(crowncityrockers), and LyricsBorn....more info to come
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:29 pm
califunky

wait wait wait  Reply with quote  

let me get this straight...aceyalone, awol one and abstract rude were all at the sage show? are you fucking kidding me? what songs did they do? was there any freestyling involved? did they rock the mike with sage? fuck i wish i was there! fuck!

c
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:21 pm
awareneSS

your grandma is way cooler than my grandma. those chicks on the stage were way cooler than me, did they get your autograph? truthfully, i felt tremendously embarassed for them. (whooooooooooooooooooooore!) anyways, thank you for such a sweet night. you rocked it brotha man.
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:35 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Sage Francis, Mika 9, Emanon, Mystic Journeymen, Abstract Rude, Aceyalone, Awol, Circus, Eligh, Grouch and more.

It was quite a line up.

The crowd was huge.

I had just arrived back from Australia and I was less than prepared for a show of that capacity, so I didn't mind when the Journeymen bogarted their way onto the stage toward the end of my set. Hope they enjoyed the crowd filtering out. Way to jump the gun.

As for the girls, I don't understand what the hell they thought they were doing. I gave a clear explanation of how I wasn't going to invite girls up on stage like the previous group. All of a sudden these two girls get up on stage and start dancing. So what the hell else am I supposed to do but perform Whore Monger?

"Sing it......SING IT"
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:01 pm
ihaveagluegun

hahahahaahahaha thats great sage
Post Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
awareneSS

biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:48 am
Soul Khansenses

what i did not feel  Reply with quote  

.....those clowns who got on stage to "flow about los angeles" exemplify the dippy idiocy of far too many second-rate west coast mc's.

emanon compensates for that, however.

also, artist tree sounded like one man divided into four. talk about homogeneity.
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:05 am
TheDude

Godamn...  Reply with quote  

..that show was fuckin ill. Yes the Dude was in attendance and it was the 1st time I got to see Sage live, and he ripped that shit, sick styles. The best show I've been to in a long time. Reminded me of how shows used to be and how they need to be again. The crowd was fuckin' hyped, acctually in to it, and didn't just stand around. It was suprising that a majority were there to see Sage.
I missed Mikah and was pissed, but from what my friends told me, I didn't miss much. Came in the middle of Abstract's set which was ehh. (seen him a million times, and Acey) Headed up to the front for Sage's set, then like everybody else, headed towards the back after his set was done.
Legends are cool, but for some reason, I just don't feel em like I used to.
I really can't stand PSC though. God he gets on my nerves. Eligh and Scarub were dope. Too bad they were hatin' and cut your shit short. They must have thought that big crowd was for them. (nice try)
Saw Sage making his rounds after his set, slangin CD's. Ran into him towards the back and hit em up for a CD. I don't know what ol Sage was trying to pull though. When I hit him up, he was like this is my last one (Sick of Waging War). So I was checking it out and some othere kid come up and hits him up for CD's, and I see Sage pull out ANOTHER Sick of Waging War out, and hand it to the kid. Prit-teee sneaky there Sage. Jus messin. Anyway, I been bumpin that shit all weekend, shit bangs. Thanks for the dope show, the CD, and for doing Whore Monger Live(that shit made my night) I love how those hood rats where all dancing around, while you yelling in their ears to "SING IT!!" What made it even funnier was how they didn't even get it. Can't wait for the next show here in these parts. Peace
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:00 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

to be completely honest, you got the second to last cd.
The dude after you got the very last cd. I had to dig through my box full of other people's demos to find it.

thanks for coming to the show.
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:42 pm
TheDude

Sage Francis wrote:
to be completely honest, you got the second to last cd.
The dude after you got the very last cd. I had to dig through my box full of other people's demos to find it.

thanks for coming to the show.

Word.

To be completely honest as well, I think the my lil homie that I was with slipped you one of our Crop Circles Demo CD's (Shameless plug, I know) as well. That was probably the one that was cluttering up your box o CD'S.

Thanks for the dope performance.
Peace.
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:40 pm
Soul Khansenses

Re: Godamn...  Reply with quote  

TheDude wrote:
..that show was fuckin ill. Yes the Dude was in attendance and it was the 1st time I got to see Sage live, and he ripped that shit, sick styles. The best show I've been to in a long time. Reminded me of how shows used to be and how they need to be again. The crowd was fuckin' hyped, acctually in to it, and didn't just stand around. It was suprising that a majority were there to see Sage.
I missed Mikah and was pissed, but from what my friends told me, I didn't miss much. Came in the middle of Abstract's set which was ehh. (seen him a million times, and Acey) Headed up to the front for Sage's set, then like everybody else, headed towards the back after his set was done.
Legends are cool, but for some reason, I just don't feel em like I used to.
I really can't stand PSC though. God he gets on my nerves. Eligh and Scarub were dope. Too bad they were hatin' and cut your shit short. They must have thought that big crowd was for them. (nice try)
Saw Sage making his rounds after his set, slangin CD's. Ran into him towards the back and hit em up for a CD. I don't know what ol Sage was trying to pull though. When I hit him up, he was like this is my last one (Sick of Waging War). So I was checking it out and some othere kid come up and hits him up for CD's, and I see Sage pull out ANOTHER Sick of Waging War out, and hand it to the kid. Prit-teee sneaky there Sage. Jus messin. Anyway, I been bumpin that shit all weekend, shit bangs. Thanks for the dope show, the CD, and for doing Whore Monger Live(that shit made my night) I love how those hood rats where all dancing around, while you yelling in their ears to "SING IT!!" What made it even funnier was how they didn't even get it. Can't wait for the next show here in these parts. Peace

Yeah, I would say a blonde, white chick from an middle-upper class neighborgood qualifies as a hoodrat.
Post Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:44 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next