Search
Register
an email I recieved from a disgruntled 17 yr old. Life stuff
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Broken Mirrors

it's pretty true what they say..."people die for recognition." of course we're our number one priority, but i guess we just hate being a "nobody." i believe that "each of us need all of us and all of us need each of us." without your contribution to the whole, the whole is incomplete. one person doesn't make a team,country,band,etc. maybe he just doesn't know what he has that he can offer and that made him lose his sense of self worth. but anyways, it's true that sage is easy to relate to.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:55 am
sandman00000

Misery has a friend in Morrissey.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:23 pm
The Thing

i dont have any real advice for this kid... not that he asked for any... but look forward to college, if you so choose to go there, cuz i dunno, its alot more freedom. you can learn about what you want more or less, and theres alot more people there that'll be like you.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:03 pm
bobbythebear

Geoff - good luck man, been there (still working on most of it).

it does get better, even when it gets worse.

and I think a few of us are guilty of the whole email idol syndrome
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:14 pm
Bear Witness

Broken Mirrors wrote:
it's pretty true what they say..."people die for recognition." of course we're our number one priority, but i guess we just hate being a "nobody." i believe that "each of us need all of us and all of us need each of us." without your contribution to the whole, the whole is incomplete. one person doesn't make a team,country,band,etc. maybe he just doesn't know what he has that he can offer and that made him lose his sense of self worth. but anyways, it's true that sage is easy to relate to.

word well said...
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:18 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

Geoff.... Become a realist, it helps a lot. Plus, even if becoming a realist is a crutch you use to stop being depressed, you can feel good about it, because it's what you should be anyway.

Go to sneeb.com as well, it will turn your depression into elitist joy!

And if that doesn't work... you should stalk Sage until he makes love to you... it's the only way man... the only way.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Prontoid

this is what i reckon....

depression, anger, anxiety all these emotions (including happiness etc) are all the results of chemical reactions in the brain.....and the more your brain thinks depressing thoughts the more it learns to associate negative thoughts with things in your life....

my advice is to start forcing yourself to think positive thoughts...reprogram your attitude towards life (i know late highschool is a fucked up period i think its natural to become a bit disenchanted with life and society in general)...just start looking at the positives about things rather than the negatives...coz it all it is thats causing you to feel down is the chemicals in your brain....as soon as you realise that you can say fuckit and get on with your life.....

peeshe and goodluck
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:42 pm
darianluv

all i can say is this, i haven't been happier since getting out of highschool, my highschool life consisted of empty relationships, sex, abd drugs. my girl left me because i stopped doing drugs, ha, good. Now i'm free to pursue my own personnel enlightenment.
Post Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:04 pm
boner patroler

lalalal  Reply with quote  

i think its funny the way that your subconscious mind takes the form of someone you loook up to but dont know. i guess its an easy way for your mind to get you to make decisions, or to go along with some of it's decisions. i do the same shit. everybody's head is so mangled inside, most epople just dont realize cause they're so in touch with "cool" instead.
Post Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:39 pm
pocketless8

i wouldnt stress too much about life itself. the idea of life is too intricate to try to comprehend at such a young age anyway.

you are obviously well-read and have some talents in writing although you fail to recognize that yourself.

ignore the little things and try to give the world a chance before you just say fuck it.

i dont believe you want to shoot up any schools, but i think you might want to start apprecating the good things in life before they all go away.[/b]
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
unspoken_disagreement

After reading most of this post my thinking is mostly that geoff is the least fucked up out of all of you guys. I mean, yeah the dude has issues, who doesn't? But you guys just keep saying the same old shit over and over and over again. Goddamn, enough sympathy already, try to come up with something that you didn't hear in your weekly shrink meeting. Where is Ted Nugget when you need him?
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:15 pm
Plaid

Sage Francis wrote:
life definitely sucks towards the tailend of highschool

the world changes

friends fall off

it's a very difficult time

I'm starting to lose myself. Its the tail end of high school. I think lack of friends and drug abuse could have done it. WHO KNOWS
Post Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:35 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3