Search
Register
Sage is full of himself IM convo Oct 10, 2002
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

maxamillion

I haven't heard his music but someone who thinks he is the shiznit probably isn't any good because people who do have skillz get to hear that from other people not from them selfs!!
It's ok to believe in yourself but don't tell the world how great you think you are.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:29 am
The Thing

on my local scene i have gotten only mostly positive feedback. i kind of wanted to see what a different type of fanbase who listen to a certain type of rap would think, and obviously u guys dont like the style. so its all good. and seriously u guys go a little far with your reactions "you should fucking kill yourself" if u are really that angry you should buy a punching bag or go to a shooting range or somethin
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:46 am
August Spies

sage I have to say I think you are overly rude on a lot of these im conversations, but....

Thing: "and obviously u guys dont like the style. "

give us a break. I didn't listen to the songs, link is changed anyway, but it seeem like people are syaing your lyrics and production are not good. NOt that they dont' like the style. Accept the criticism, or ignore it, but don't pretend people here just "dont' like the style"
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:33 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Thing

should i post some lyrics so u can judge or would i just get flamed for it
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:44 am
August Spies

im not flaming or juding your lyrics. I am merely aruging with the logic in your post. peace
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brett

"hook"  Reply with quote  

I don't know what your music sounds like or anything, so I won't criticize it.
I will say though, that I think you're going about this all the wrong way...
You're saying that your song has a "hook", meaning what? (a certain edge or gimmick, marketing ploy?) You're trying to make it big right off the bat. Music isn't about making it big.. It's not about who knows your shit.. It's about expression man.. If you're expressing yourself, who cares? If whatever you are creating is somehow helping (or hurting, but the hurt usually helps) you, then it doesn't matter who hears it or who likes it. Yeah it's good to be heard and reach a few, but that should definitely not be your reason for making music. Be you, because that's all you fucking can be.

And don't forget, there is a difference between self-confidence and arrogance.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:39 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

I am overly rude due to a complete lack of tolerance for bullshit. Don't people understand that? I have to sift through absolute SHIT in order to find anything of worth in people nowadays.

Please....POST your lyrics.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:59 pm
Brett

sifting through shit..  Reply with quote  

Eh, when you've experienced enough of humanity you tend to just build a filter. Personalities become more and more easy to pin point, intentions become clear within the first minute of conversation, and it becomes frighteningly simple to predict the outcome of social encounters.. I don't like it, but I'd rather analyze the hell out of everything right away and save myelf the time I would have wasted on some worthless exchange.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:31 pm
Fladlien

Sage Francis wrote:
I am overly rude due to a complete lack of tolerance for bullshit. Don't people understand that? I have to sift through absolute SHIT in order to find anything of worth in people nowadays.

Please....POST your lyrics.

This is no different than anyone else.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:08 am
maxamillion

A Thing  Reply with quote  

Come on where are those lyrics you said you where gonna post?

And you say your friends think your good? YEAH like they're gonna tell you you suck. With friends it goes like this: I tell you your great and you tell me how great I am!!! Better get some independent credits!!

Peace, Max
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:42 am
infidelone
CAVE TROLL

Dude ---fuck the bullshit and fuck anyone giving you shit.

Stop wasting your time with the fast lane,"I'ma get some props from my hero" type shit and go make beats and write rhymes.

That's it. That's what people who want to excel at something do; they do what is it they want to do a lot, and then do it some more.

Networking is very important, and the internet is a great tool, but this is not the way to go about it. Approach is everything, and your approach thus far has shown your complete lack of maturity and experience. People, who have been doing this shit for over a decade will not respond the way you want them to, as result of this approach.

If you want props, real props, you need to build, build , build and then go to shows , pass out your demo's , talk to people and make / form contacts.

Post a link to your shit on the forums and websites of the people you like and offer the other fans a chance to hear some new shit. They prolly will. Most cats are dying to hear new shit. If you want a critique, be prepared to get slammed now and then, and don't let it get you down, make it work for you and get back into the studio.

Realize this: no one gives a fuck about you or your shit. They never will until it is so freakin good that they don't have a choice. You are completely alone and this is the hardest path that you could have ever chosen to take in life. You're trying to sell us your personality and your thoughts. Your image and your ideas. You have to be pretty amazing to convince another human that your ideas are worth listening to and that they are presented in a way that is entertaining enough to keep the attention of the listener.

Just some advice from a 26 year old dude who has been playing in bands and working the music scene and it's fickle followers for 10 years. Good luck.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:52 am
The Thing

ive thought about it and im not going to post my lyrics for a few reasons. one, like i said before, i dont think its the type of stuff that fans of sage francis would like, maybe im wrong but from the feedback you've given me thats what i think. because i know my lyrics dont have substance or a message; theyre basically all punchlines. also i dont think they look so good on paper compared to when theyre being rapped, because when i write im trying to make multiple rhyme patterns alot, and cant always be seen unless your hearing it. if anyone wants me to email them some lyrics or a link to my site, email andyshap@hotmail.com , but honestly i dont really feel like listening to Sage and everyone else say this:

You piss ant that was the WORST VERSE IVE EVER HEARD go hang yourself by your dick

because that seems to be his way of giving constructive criticism.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:26 am
Dee

Talk infidelone's advice....he's on point with this.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:36 pm
HeavensDevil

i looked for your site so i could critique you but none of them lead me anywhere.

Honestly why dont you ask regular people to peep your shit instead of someone as busy as Xaul? Also, i dont get the math that because he doesnt do you a favor he automatically becomes a horrible battler?

Peace

PS you are talking about punchlines as if we are unaware of what they are....i bet my punchlines are better than yours on a side note.
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:48 pm
The Thing

well i obviously cant win with anything i say so nevermind, everyone picks apart my shit and trys to turn it on me. sorry i made it seem like u didnt know anythin about punchlines... jeeze
Post Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:25 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next