Search
Register
"Hey, Bobby" spoken word lyrics
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Press/Interviews/reviews

DM

.......  Reply with quote  

nice social commentary. I cant wait to hear you perform it.

abacus
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:11 pm
pav

will this be a song on the ep or a spoken word acapella. ?

hearing this live, i thought it could translate into a much better song than 'makeshift patriot'..

and besides, spoken word pieces on record are never in their best format..
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:13 pm
darianluv

maxamillion wrote:
Real dope lyrics! I hope more rappers/mc's talk about politics and social life instead of thug life.

Those ARE good lyrics. The "thug life" consists of people a victim of circumstances, in a way that whole schmiel is just as a powerful message that is a lot like the one in these lyrics, or at least they are related.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:05 pm
eXistenZ

anyone got an mp3 of this yet?
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:27 pm
Ryan

*gives Strange Famous a dumb look* :|
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:04 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

this will first appear on the Makeshift Patriot EP as a live spoken word recording from my performance at Stout, WI

It will then appear in it's complete form on the Non-Prophets album with beat and all.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:05 am
naught

This is incredible.

I don't suppose there's any chance you might post the lyrics to the full version of Hopeless, as well?

Pretty please?
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:03 pm
unspoken_disagreement

The lyric are phenominal (or however who spell it), when will that shit be out?
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:02 pm
excellrec

You seem to be charged alot by the whole government is taking over and brainwashing angle. I'm wondering why this is becoming such a subject for you. Are their events that are raising the issue besides of course the whole new york thing.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:21 pm
Abinatra

.  Reply with quote  

^^I don't see this but....

turn on the news or pick up a paper
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:24 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

excellrec,
we are on the verge of World War 3.

The govt/media has been so successful at their game that the people who raise voices of TRUE dissent are scoffed at and placed in the "out of his mind" category.

All I am doing is addressing topics...and how often do I really do it in this manner? Almost NEVER....and still I am questioned as to why I am dwelling on it. I'm not. But we have responsibilities and my fuel will be added to the flame of my choice.

I will burn hollywood.

The soil that I walk on is mine and I happily share my breathing space with people who are considerate of each other.

I am SLIGHTLY political as an artist....SLIGHTLY. Our people are so fucking stumped in the head that a subtle change in content seems extreme.

Is now not the time to strike?

Who do they come for first?

then who?

then who?

then who?

then who?

Will you stand by yourself in the end?

These are things that motivate me in the political sense. I have a voice and a brain and luckily...an audience.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:02 pm
barlow

Er.. this is kind of a shitty question to ask, following the last post, but if this is on the EP, is it as an extra, and if not, what is it replacing?
Is there a "final" running order for the EP yet?

Cheers.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:50 am
maxamillion

darianluv wrote:
maxamillion wrote:
Real dope lyrics! I hope more rappers/mc's talk about politics and social life instead of thug life.

Those ARE good lyrics. The "thug life" consists of people a victim of circumstances, in a way that whole schmiel is just as a powerful message that is a lot like the one in these lyrics, or at least they are related.

Sorry that I have seem to stepped on your dick, but that's not what I meant.
I meant that you can talk about alot of things, like politics.
I also like some thugged out mc's but I whished that more rappers whould talk about social and global problems instead of painting a false picture of how bad they are. Braggin and boastin is very cool but there are more aspects to life.

Plus do you realy believe all of them rappers talking about all the crimes they're doing, how can they have time to even be an mc, some of it is probably true but come on you don't really believe all that shit now do you.

I'm just making a statement that mc's need to be more consious of what they're spittin, look at Mr. Lif, he's a real dope mc and he's talking about politics and social problems.
Not every mc should be like him but it wouldn't hurt if some mc's started talking about real life.

I just want more diverse rap topics. like every one who's buying the albums have ever been in a crime, the artists make it look like it 's something you can become when you grow up, PLEASE!

Rappers sound the same too much, they need to be their self not the next tupac/biggie/master p or who ever.

Max
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:35 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

this track is replacing Underbite Ben on the EP
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:37 pm
darianluv

[quote="maxamillion"Sorry that I have seem to stepped on your dick, but that's not what I meant.
Max[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? did I sound perturbed? I happen to agree w/ you, you totally missed what I was trying to say. Let me try to spell it out a little better. The "thug life" was created by a set of circumstances that forced a large number of black people etc. into repressive conditions, you know, the poor inner city ghetto's. "the more you push us down the more defient we'll become" hence the thug life. Rap was a byproduct of this culture, about there lives and demonstrated How "everyone is created equal" is a joke, only because of unequal opportunity. They can steal all they want and it won't bother me, I'd rather have poor people steal from me rather than sickenly rich people, which they do, those rich rich richie people steal from you and me every day, and they're good at it so most people don't even realize.

as for you maxy boy...blah
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:02 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next