Register
Becoming a vegetarian...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Would you ever become a vegetarian?
No never, sissy.
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Maybe, if I met a hot one. (or just possibly)
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
I am one you dill(pickle).
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Vegetarians are pussies, I'm vegan.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

JTP

Becoming a vegetarian...  Reply with quote  

I know there's some vegetarians that frequent this board. I was wondering what tips you guys and girls might have for someone who was making the transition to becoming a vegetarian. Stuff like what you find it hard to avoid, your favorites, and why you are a vegetarian for example. Any thoughts, advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, do any of you know anything about a raw food diet? Have any of you read or do you know anything about the book The Sun-food Diet Success System by David Wolfe?

Thanks.

The poll is just to make the whole thing a little more interactive and to find out some of the opinions regarding a vegetarian lifestyle of the people who post here.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:37 am
Molly

Being a vegetarian is fun and easy. I just regard meat as a non food entity, and only crazy people eat shoes and napkins, right?

Also, I'm an expert on this raw food phenomenon because I saw a segment about it on the Style network. It featured this dude in little girl clothes running around like a crazy madman on the beach talking about all the energy he got from eating "pizza" made of triskit crackers and chopped up raw zucchini, interspersed with shots of him and his beautiful friends eating the pizza in question talking about how delicious it was. Fucking liars, all of them. His book is called "the uncook book" or "the uncook cook book" I think, if you're interested, but you shouldn't be interested, its for fags. Although, you know, nothing against fags.
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:16 am
imatopos

I'm a vegan, and have been one for ten years. My tips are as follows: first, get yourself to the nearest Whole Foods or equivalent and buy as many fake meat products as you can. This will help you get past the feelings of withdrawal. You have to experiment with the fake meat stuff though since some of it tastes like garbage. Also, get your hands on an animal rights video or two. Having visual images of the production and slaughtering process makes it a hell of a lot harder to go back to eating animals. Also, you might find it useful to buy a decent vegetarian/vegan nutrition book. When some people make the switch, they are unaware of how many different food sources are available, so they tend to eat a very narrow range of foods. A book will help you eat the right foods, and in the right combinations. Good luck!
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:33 am
Solomon Klepto

I just wrote a long arse message before but for some reason it didnt go up. Im a vegan aswell, I agree with imatapos, understandin the whole procedure of what meat goes through is enough to turn You off it... And i believe becommin a stirict Vegan or Veg is somethin You have to feel strongly about to quit Meat... For health or Moral reasons ( guit free livin )... At first its hard, especially when goin to restaurants with Ya mates, and they dont really cater for vegos... But its all dissapline and committment... try it out, see how You go...
Peace and GOD Bless
Solomon Klepto - MC3 - Obese Records-
Dandenong - South East Melburn - Australia
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:02 am
Solomon Klepto

By the way this is My first time on the board, I just wanted to say Im feelin Ya music Sage ( alot of peeps in Aus are feelin Ya stuff )
You think You'll be rockin our shores anytime soon?
Peace
Sol Klep..
Post Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:08 am

Jump to: