Search
Register
Sixtoo self promotion and exploitation Sage
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

sixtoo

Sixtoo self promotion and exploitation Sage  Reply with quote  

:twisted:
So yeah, Its been a minute since by disappearance.

I am living in the beautiful city of Montreal, have been working on music and stuff full time since January, and am ready to drop some new shit. Yesterday I sent a 12" to the UK-Based Vertical Form label , and my LP is to be delivered by the end of the month. It will be available in late January and is titled "Antagonist Survival Kit". The 12" is called "Outremont Mainline Runs Across the Sunset" and the B-side has an exclusive "Cup of Tea" reprise, featuring my verse that would have been on Sage's song, had I not gotten suicidal the week he recorded it. There will also be a instrumental version of the LP out a month or two later, for the kiddies that seem to like the "production-only" Sixtoo. For those that aren't in the know about the V.Form label, they are the doods responsible for Pan American, Kim Hiorthy, the Pro Bono Publico Compilation and some other really good electronic stuff. Best bet for finding this stuff will be in the hiphop/electronic section of the good indi-rock shops in your town.

For the people that have been asking about the Duration vinyl, it is finally happening. I hand-numbered 1000 foil-embossed/die cut jackets today, they are being drop-shipped to the manufacturer tomorrow, and will be at Caroline in about 2-3 weeks tops. The Vinyl contains just the "Duration" section of the LP (since the rest was available on 10" vinyl already...). If you want this stuff, you will have to harass your local mom & pop shop, or chains to get it from Caroline. Its independent as hell freezing over, there is no label info on it, just a nice brown paper sleeve and a bronze-foil tag that reads "Sixtoo". I am excited about them...its one of the projects that I really hoped would make it to wax, especially given the amount of time I spent on it. You can thank my homie Jeff from Ninja Tune for giving me the dough to press it up propper like...with the nice sleeve and shit, instead of just a color copy.

Aside from the music....I've been skateboarding, hanging in trainyards, doing stupid graffiti, eating good food, buying records, doing rock shows, art galleries and DJing out quite a bit. Montreal is the best place I could have possibly settled, and once I get a solid club night going here it will be off the meatrack. Everyone should come visit...

Sixtizzy.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:01 pm
amano

montreal is the city I've visited the most in my life. I try to get out at least once a year. Definitely one of my fave spots to be in.

the duration cd was dope btw.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:06 pm
darianluv

Hey  Reply with quote  

I wonder if sixtoo will be posting here regularly? I wish i wasn't broke... oh yeah, I put his music right up there in my favorites category.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:20 pm
Path

hello sixtoo... glad to hear you have a new album coming out
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:47 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

NO SHIT.
A Cup of Tea reprise? haha...hotness.

Bobbbbbbyyyyy...I've been meaning to contact you but I am in Australia and away from my laptop with your info on it.
It looks as if I will be recording the rest of the Non-Prophets album in RI...the engineer I used to work with has found a new studio.

So...whatever block of time you have marked off for me please make use of it. Sorry if that's an inconvenience of any sort. Recording in RI will save me a bunch of time...and I'll get to sleep on a cushion. heh.

respect! can't wait to hear the new stuff.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:16 pm
ctrlfreak

Thanks for the info. Sounds tight. Is the 12" available right now?

Montreal is a fun place.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:45 pm
tie-my-shoe

i like piedpiper
its way too short though
what's up with all those short songs you do(memorial service, alligator, anger, propoganda, etc). they're way too dope to be so short.
i guess you make it up with work in progress though.
Post Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:07 pm

Jump to: