Search
Register
J-Zone says" fuck nerd rap!"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

icarus502
kung-pwn master

j-zone's beats are the only thing worthwhile about him. and they aren't even that good. amerikkka's most wanted + mr. hood? please...

i have one j-zone 12" and it is mega caca. it took me a while to trust sage's recommendations after that one.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:50 pm
Dee

blah to you...

"Trojan War" rules
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:37 am
Reggie

I haven't read most of this thread and I don't intend to, but not liking J-Zone's beats...that's just bananas.

I read the interview...and I came to realize that Amerikkka's Most Wanted is my favorite album, about two months ago. Heh. Mr. Hood has always been one of my favorites.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:51 am
cresmizzle

jzone  Reply with quote  

maybe he went overboard with some of his points, or didn't specify his grievances enough, but i wholeheartedly agree that there's too many mcs and critics who go to shows and stand there like "hmmm this isn't changing my life." i've seen a gang of crowds that tell me afterwords that they enjoyed the show, but during the show cats are scared to stand out and throw they hands up, or move around to the beats...you know, enjoy the show. i agree with j-zone saying that a lot of hip hop has lost its edge. people seem to be scared to say what's really on their mind, and to be themselves; i see a lot of the same formulas from mcs, trying to gain acceptance from the populace. why do you think the "whack mc" epidemic got played the fuck out? songs were made about whack mcs, but they actually called fools out, and then people found a subject matter that seemed agreeable. now everyone has the song on their album dissing phony mcs, and throw in some punchlines, and make general statements but never really break the surface.
some thought...cresmoon.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:56 am
Ironpen,Ironknee

^^^Don't Hate, Canibus is cool!!!  Reply with quote  

While I don't completly agree with J-Zone, I share the same setiment. There are too many people out there pushing garbage under the facade that its good because its "conscious". People who differentiate between "hip-hop" and "rap". Its all entertainment, and anyone who thinks differently should put down their pen and start a religion. Then of course there are the "Underground Heads" who will only objectivly listen to music that doesn't have a label's name under it. I read a review at a site once that said that Ghostface Killah wasn't a "poet of Anticon caliber". Although I'm sure he that comment was made to sell records at his website, it's exemplary of the snotty elitist attitude that makes me want to listen to the genre less and less.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:44 am
August Spies

its all music so you shoudl like it all? shut up. You dont' believe that, no ones believes that. not all music is good, or at least not all of it is going to be to your liking.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:05 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

"I read a review at a site once that said that Ghostface Killah wasn't a "poet of Anticon caliber". "

wow.

i don't think Ghostface was tryin to be a poet of Anticon Caliber.

your right they are snobs, whoever reviewed that.

Ghost is Representin' THE WU!!!!!!!!!!

fuck anticon.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:07 am
August Spies

edit: :roll:
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ironpen,Ironknee

August Spies wrote:
its all music so you shoudl like it all? shut up. You dont' believe that, no ones believes that. not all music is good, or at least not all of it is going to be to your liking.

I like quite a bit of underground stuff, I have no beef with the genre in general. I was just makeing two points about SOME of the music and people associated with it.

1.Due to a void in their lives some people want to turn music,which is entertainment, into a spiritual experience. Shallow. Or they claim that the music they make is somehow more enlightening than the next man,yet in the grand scheme they're whores for your dollar just like everybody else.

2.Some people see consider themselves nobility just because no one else has heard their favorite rapper,at the same time shitting on people who listen to more accessable music.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:28 am
MessiahCarey

Re: ^^^Don't Hate, Canibus is cool!!!  Reply with quote  

Ironpen,Ironknee wrote:
I read a review at a site once that said that Ghostface Killah wasn't a "poet of Anticon caliber".

Ummm...

That originates, I beleive, from an interview with Dose where he answered a question "We're like the thinking man's Wu-Tang" or something like that. It was said kind of tounge-in-cheek (As a side note: I suppose that both Dose supporters AND his opposition would easily admit that, in one way or the other, Dose is familiar with anything "toungue-in-cheek").

Then the HHI cats perverted it into a big thing about how "Ghostface is not a poet of the anticon calibre" and it became a big joke.

I'm pretty sure it was never actually IN a review, and I'm pretty sure that Dose didn't say it.

I really don't care...I'm just saying, for the sake of information. Haha.

- Shane
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:34 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Reggie wrote:
I haven't read most of this thread and I don't intend to, but not liking J-Zone's beats...that's just bananas.

I read the interview...and I came to realize that Amerikkka's Most Wanted is my favorite album, about two months ago. Heh. Mr. Hood has always been one of my favorites.

did you read what i said?
i said his beats were the only good thing about him. and they aren't that good. by that, i meant that they're not good enough to make listening to he and his cohorts' (al-shid/huggy bear) caca rapping.

and really, whoever said j-zone is amerikkka's most wanted + mr. hood needs to get punched in the face just for living.[/i]
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:43 am
Reggie

icarus502 wrote:
did you read what i said?

Nope.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:56 am
apeofdeath
FIRE BREATHING DRAG QUEEN

haha, this guy is funny. I mildly agree with some of what he says but he needs to work on his english, the guy talks like he is an inbred retarded lemur.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:35 pm
superdeejayanna

yo  Reply with quote  

this interviewer seems to be some sort of major herb

"i run a lame hip hop website, let's talk about how lame nerds are so no one will mistake me for one, heehhee"
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:10 pm
Ironpen,Ironknee

MessiahCarey wrote:
Ironpen,Ironknee wrote:
I read a review at a site once that said that Ghostface Killah wasn't a "poet of Anticon caliber".

Ummm...

That originates, I beleive, from an interview with Dose where he answered a question "We're like the thinking man's Wu-Tang" or something like that. It was said kind of tounge-in-cheek (As a side note: I suppose that both Dose supporters AND his opposition would easily admit that, in one way or the other, Dose is familiar with anything "toungue-in-cheek").

Then the HHI cats perverted it into a big thing about how "Ghostface is not a poet of the anticon calibre" and it became a big joke.

I'm pretty sure it was never actually IN a review, and I'm pretty sure that Dose didn't say it.

I really don't care...I'm just saying, for the sake of information. Haha.

- Shane

http://www.hiphopinfinity.com/Albums/default.php?action=review&itemid=716

Just for the sake of information.
Post Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:12 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next