Search
Register
J-Zone says" fuck nerd rap!"
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Soul Khansenses

yeah  Reply with quote  

August Spies wrote:
Honestly I thought that was a pretty stupid interview.
"FUCK ALL THAT BIG WORDS SHIT!! "

fuck big words?

But then like '99 and 2000 all of a sudden muthafuckas started getting way into that planet shit.

he seems to be reffering to lots of different undergoudn groups like anticon and stuff, yet he keeps talking about "planet shit" and "apocaplyse shit." Who other than Non-phixion and El-P/Can Ox is really writing about that?

if that what it takes to get to the bigger cause

his "bigger cause" is trying to stop people from writing lyrics about outer space? .... ok.

j-zone makes some fun tracks, which i really enjoy, but he's bitching about themes in hip hop that emerged before anticon existed. frankly, though the "outer space" rhymes, such as those on deltron 3030 irritate me, who am i to limit an artist to terra firma? mc's should create and experiment, so let them. don't suffocate them under timbs, punchlines, and new york skylines. sometimes, i really admire what sole set out to do, due to the principle behind it.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:38 pm
firefly

I agree . . . . mostly  Reply with quote  

It seems that its always a few pioneers who come out with original/revolutionary stuff then someone wants to bite it. That's just how it is.
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:24 am
Dee

Deltron 3030 and Dr. Octagon are about the only nerd rap I can stand...
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:38 am
Mojo the helper monkey

"nerd rap" is kind of a shitty term. I understand that it's trying to define a subgenre (I hate genrefication however). But "nerd rap" bothers me in the same way "art fag" does.
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:14 am
August Spies

I guess I can see "nerd rap" applying to Deltron 3030, but I don' see how it covers introspective personal shit like Sole and anticon. Doesnt' seem nerdish at all.
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:17 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hippo

whhhattt??  Reply with quote  

Dude, J-zone is funny. Respect his opinion but it all don't mean he's right. He sound's like he feels inferior to what he calls "nerd rap" wtf is that shit? Man as much as I hate labels. Quit hatin' and start makin' your own genre of music....

[]D e a c e !
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:43 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UNHEARD

man yo yo i think yo that yo man nerd shit is like man fuck big word though and get me a forty with some hoes yo dog.....i like e-40 ...but he stopped fulfilling my listening needs like when i was 12...i gotta admit...hes cool and stuff...but if you wanna talk about nerd rap and not having fun....wel god damn dude...one of e-40s songs was all about how like society is falling apart...you know track thirteen on...oh never mind some things'll never change...you know....anyway....e-40 couldnt entertain me after awhile....something that makes me think and want to expand...that is what i like...if it takes some one making an album into a story and a work of art about space...well then so be it....i just get tired of the gangsta thing....and as soon as some one says they dont like big words...they should be shot because stupid people waste space...i like anticon, sole, atmosphere, def jux, company flow(rip), mr. len....jean grae...its all cool shit, anyone who actually listens to the music will understand its not all about hip hop...in fact sage has very few songs actually about being great at hip hop...if its mentioned occasionally in some peoples songs...so what...sage who i think most people will agree is an exceptional artist...if that makes him to j-zone somewhat of a nerd because his primary focus isnt on having fun necessarily, its ok...because sage and several others address issues far beyond having fun and in their own way promote awarenes on issues...im not necessarily gonna say fuck j-zone...but i dont respect him at all anymore...and if life changing music and music that may be contrary to popularity isnt what jzone likes...fine back street boys sing songs about having fun....go ahead jzone go listen to nsync....
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:30 am
Dee

....and while sucking Sole's dick, unheard completely misses the point....
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:37 am
Fladlien

People act like listening to nerd rap is a bad thing.
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:26 pm
Llamasex

http://artists2.iuma.com/site-bin/mp3gen/48221/IUMA/Bands/MC_Frontalot/audio/MC_Frontalot_-_Nerdcore_Hiphop.mp3
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:08 pm
barlow

STOP THINKING!!  Reply with quote  

Keep music stupid, yeah!!

And while we are at it, lets get rid of all thought provoking film and TV. Fuck that shit, lets just have "Friends" 24 hours a day.

While we are at it, lets get rid of those "thinking comedians". Bastards, hijacking comedy so that you have to think before you laugh.

That's the life for a race that is supposed to be evolving, watching "Van Wilder" and listening to a bunch of retards shout "West coast" whilst dancing on Bill Hicks grave.

Dumb fucks are called dumb fucks for a reason.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:41 am
Cru Jones

oh, is hip-hop growing up?  Reply with quote  

why is it we all praise the birth of hip-hop, yet continue to cease it from growing?

it is meaningless to waste time trying to bring down others in the name of stopping change.
yes it is important to stick to the basics, but change is the only constant thing in life.
hip-hop can deviate to other forms.
it called aging and becoming an accepted "art" form known as "music."
it happened over and over in jazz and ending up enriching it ten fold.
there should be room for all opinions in hip hop.

i definitely see j-zone's points.
he is right about crowds being harder to please because every head thinks they are some superior being.
that can end.
he points out many annoying aspects of intellectual snobbism.
but he is being a snob of sorts himself.
people have the right to "just want to have fun" but people also have the right to be dedicated hermits that devote their life to their "cause"

if you asked this nerd, declaring war on a sub-field of music, that honestly enriches and enlightens people, is just working backwards from the original goals of music.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:29 am
TheDude

Well I like so-called nerd rap or whatever. And I can't stand shit like E-40. I think he's wacker than shit, so I just choose not to listen to him.
Pretty fuckin' simple huh?
Everyone has their own opinion, but if your gonna express it and want to be taken seriously, than you should be able to express it at least semi-inteligently
"FUCK ALL THAT BIG WORD SHIT"
Cmon He just makes himself look ignorant.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:36 am
Petrouchka Rasputin

I hate big-word raps too, like rhyming predictable muli-syllables.. you know what I'm talking about. Words ending with -ation.

Big ideas are fine, but using big words to appear smart sounds silly.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:12 pm
unspoken_disagreement

The underground goes through cycles. It has to. It has to remain obscure enough to still be called underground. When certain forms of hip hop become too well known they are forced to switch to something else, often just going retro and doing something old. It not nessisarily a bad thing, but it still exsists. The reason "gangsta" hip hop, has been looked down on, is because people see it as hip pop, the top forty rap. And for the most part, I agree with this, there are some forms of gangsta hip hop that i enjoy, j-zone is not one of them, those are the ones that dont nessisarily focus exclusively on bitches and money, i've always thought that was just an easy cop out. j-zones interview is just another way to try and sell records: Starting a bullshit flame war with another artist, it get you well known, and name recognition is worth a lot in the music industry.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:28 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next