Search
Register
Hadley show saturday night....
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

td3

Hadley show saturday night....  Reply with quote  

ahhhh....

I have to say it went as perfect as I wanted it to run...
I have absolutely not one complaint about the show...
I want to thank everyone that showed their support, Sage Francis, Joey "mutha fuckin" Beats, Shane, Jezuz, Messiah Carey, Authodox, DJ Merf, Exile & LoKey, JP, Gina, Amber, the Foley's, Ralph, Chris, etc. etc....

Eventhough it was a small place in the back of a chinese food restaurant, everyone had fun & everyone who performed did amazing. Eventhough Sage forgot half his lyrics, he made up for it 10x's over by replacing them with dope freestyles. haha. Sage gave us a little sampler of some new shit as well... im shaking like a crack fein for the non-prophets LP is all i gotta say.

If you were there, let me know what you think...

thanks again to everyone who made this a great time and a great 1st show for www.td3productions.com ...

i couldnt be happier about everything

PEACE
td3

Last edited by td3 on Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:45 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
td3

PS:  Reply with quote  

Big-Ups to JP for bustin some dope BB moves and rippin the mic and rockin the crowd... i wish everyone in the world had a heart like that kid

PEACE
td3
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PaigeMaster6

i must say...  Reply with quote  

i had a pretty good time last night.
joe beats-ha, you are the shit. had a nice time conversating with you throughout most of the night. you should come out more...
and i met a lot of you, which was DOPE.
shaner, john, merf...i love yall.
sage, ALWAYS a pleasure.
it was interesting to be called out about my southern accent almost everytime i spoke...just know-yall have weird accents, not me. haha.
and no, lord grunge is not my boyfriend. he is, however, one of my favorite people in the entire world.
thanks for a good time last night. last night was seriously the best night i have had so far living up north.
word.
paige
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:37 am
illusion

haha when i went to a talib show he forgot some of his old lyrics as well. the crowd kept buggin the guy to do Manifesto and he really hadnt planned on it. so after a while he was like, 'you guys want the manifesto?' he started doing it, bout 1/3 the way through he forgot the lyrics (its a pretty old song) and then he just started freestyling. it was wonderful. =)
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:47 am
Gee-Q

well  Reply with quote  

I was there. Heres my rundown:

Had a conversation with Joe Beats about Primos best gangstarr album haahh and lost the battle, uggghh had too many scorpion bowls, took off my aesop rock shirt when i saw some other dude wearing the same one, got tackled by 2 punk security guards in the bathroom, spilt my drink on a chinese waitress that wasnt too happy, hit on some ugly girl that i use to go to school with, met alot of peeps, took like 10 pictures but used a roll of 27 (which ill post here when i get them developed), almost fought JP for dissin me on stage (j/k) ..Night was DOPE other than me being really annoying to some peeps. Thanks ya'll

Peace to everyone i talked tooo. I dont want this shit to sound like a cd insert soo i wont say all the names..

peace,
Gee_Q
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:59 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

thanks to TD3 for putting on this show.

I had a really good time. Yes, the sound was wack.....but who the fuck cares. We made do. We talked. We performed. We interacted. I freestyled more than I have done in a LOOOOOooooong time. And I had a blast. There were so many people there that I like.

cleavage in the front row...thanks for coming.
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:19 pm
Gee-Q

Sage Francis wrote:

ahah word I was watching close to see if a tit would pop out.

Sage,
thanks for the cd. hahaha there was no cd in the case

Its all good though, the performance was DOPE. I havent had that much fun in a while...

peace,

James
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:51 pm
SageFatheredMyChild

jimmy  Reply with quote  

Forgot to thank jimmy man

Snowsuit
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:08 pm
MessiahCarey

geeQ718 wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

ahah word I was watching close to see if a tit would pop out.

Sage,
thanks for the cd. hahaha there was no cd in the case

Its all good though, the performance was DOPE. I havent had that much fun in a while...

peace,

James

You're tasteless...heh...you, my man....with the permanent scorpion bowl in your hand...that was something else. Peace to you and your stinking 86 Mets.

Tony killed it putting this together, for sure.

I had fun, as did Merf. MC JP the Crazy killed it.

LoKey, Exile, Minister Ref and the Birtwrite fam killed it, as usual. I love the energy that Minister Ref brings to the stage.

And the "cleavage" girl (her name is Ravenna) was lovely, but speaking with her was actually just as nice as looking at her. She has some good poetry and whatnot.

Sage tore the roof off the pagoda.

Peace,
Shane
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:56 am
td3

haha yes

great time....great time.

I hope all of my future shows go as smoothly as this one...

Sage, imma send you a copy of the video...no one else will get a copy

thanks again to everyone that helped out...

PEACE

td3

www.td3productions.com
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:46 am
JOEYBEATS

I rolled up and wasn't too sure what to expect considering it was in a Chinese restaurant. To my surprise though everything turned out to be VERY good.

My favorite part of the night was doing a non-prophets sandwich with a slice of Paige. It's a metaphor meaning it's really dope to get out and meet everyone who supports. Td3 put on a dope event, GeeQ (I don't know about your gangstarr theory), my man from Burlington VT (I'm terrible with names), Birthwrite, Shaner, Merf, Dox, etc., etc., etc.

My second favorite part was Mikey the magician absolutely killing it with the card tricks. My man had me going for a good half an hour and even managed to show me a few things. This alone was definitely worth the trip. I can't say enough how open and happy I was to have a real magician do tricks live right in front of me -great kid too.

My third favorite part of the night was Jay Pee. Jay Pee is the fucking man; he had a blast. The kid knows how to have a good time: break dances, gets on stage and raps ("It's Jay Pee, it's jay pee, it's jay pee..It's jay Pee, it's jay pee it's jay pee"), talks to EVERYONE, and is straight PROUD to be from Western Mass. You guys are awesome for taking him out, that is good good stuff. I spoke with Jay Pee a good portion of the night. Here are some highlights.

Jay Pee: The patriots are the best football team in all of....Massachusetts."
Me: They definitely are. They won the Super Bowl; they are the best in the world."
Jay Pee: "They are the best in Massachusetts though."
Me: "Oh yeah, no doubt, I know that but I'm saying they're the best in the whole world though."
Jay Pee (inhaling a big breath of air as if he's about to breath fire on me, cutting me off): "The patriots are the best football team in all of MASSACHUSETTS!!!!!"
Me: "Definitely. Definitely."
Jay Pee (now calm): "Yeah, I know. I'm from Chicopee."

Jay Pee: "Umass Amherst is the best school in Massachusetts."
Me: "What about Havard?"
Jay Pee: "Umass is the best school in Mass."
Me: "I don't know Jay Pee, Havard is up there."
Jay Pee (yelling and shaking back and forth): "Umass is the best!!!"
Me: "Yeah, no doubt, Umass is the best."
Jay Pee (again, calm): "Yeah, I know. I'm from Chicopee"

Jay Pee: "Fred Drust is from Jacksonville"
Paige: "He tells people that but he's really from Gadonia, North Carolina"
Jay Pee: "He's from Jacksonville, Fla."
Paige: "Yeah he says that on TV but he's really from North Carolina"
Jay Pee (swaying back and forth forcefully): He's from Jacksonville!"
Paige: "Oh yeah, he is from Jacksonville. I got him mixed up with someone else."
Jay Pee (calmly): "Yeah, I know. I'm from Chicopee"

Kid with Camera (says something to effect of): "Fuck the war!"
Jay Pee (interrupting a huge cipher of people buying Fuck the War t-shirts, waving his arms after every word): "It says right there in the bible, you can't have love without war!!! You can not have peace without war!!!"

Great event, had a blast. Thank you to Sage for taking me out with him. I want more....

Joe.

Last edited by JOEYBEATS on Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:57 pm

PaigeMaster6

JOE!!  Reply with quote  

i enjoy you so much!!
haha, this post had me laughing out loud, hahaha!!
and you called shane, shaner...ha, dope.
VERY nice meeting you...i look forward to seeing you again sometime, hopefully sooner then later.
great, great, GREAT, times...
paige
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:47 pm
Gee-Q

MessiahCarey wrote:
And the "cleavage" girl (her name is Ravenna) was lovely, but speaking with her was actually just as nice as looking at her. She has some good poetry and whatnot.

Sage tore the roof off the pagoda.

Peace,
Shane

ahh yeah the same "Cleavage" girl burnt my arm with her cigarette in the front row.

Shane, hit me up on e-mail soo i can get one of your cds off you.

peace
gee-Q

GeeQ718@aol.com
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 4:46 pm
td3

Joey,

JP is THE man, you're right... he LOVES his hometown... The kid makes everyone have a great time... I love that kid... everyone does. Thats why im saying he's got the biggest heart. I could live to be 100 and never meet someone as nice as him. We bring him out, just treat him like a regular kid, ya know? His parents love the fact that he is going out and shit, because for the majority of his life, he was always home... chilling by himself or just his family.

He is one of the major reasons that im going to school to get my Bac in Special Education. Right now im teaching high school special ed (behavioral), but what i really want to do is work with Special Needs and Mentally Handicapped kids.

anyway... that convo is dope... haa.

JP LOVES the Sage cd... especially the fact that Sage signed it and said "JP, you rocked the mic..." he loved it

hahah about Gee-Q getting burnt... she was blowing smoke in Sage's face

PS: there was a magician there??
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:18 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

smoke and mirrors
Post Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:21 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next