Search
Register
Hmm how can the police do this????
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

FCser

Hmm how can the police do this????  Reply with quote  

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=29&u=/ap/20040430/ap_on_re_us/cop_cameras_2

cameras for police to watch that rotate 360º that feeds directly into squad cars. i ve seen cameras like this before but never read anything on them . this seems like a violation of privacy i think that if they continue doing this they should make the video feeds public so everyone can watch what the cops can watch...
Post Sat May 01, 2004 8:33 pm
Hero

Yeah that shit is weak as fuck. Last week they had a spring fest A.K.A 420 fest up on campus. The fuzz brought video cameras to be a bunch of buzz kills, and arrest some heads. Most people don't even blaze out in the open just show up stoned, but the still invade your privacy just for showing up to an event. I don't know shit is getting worse, the thought police will arrive shortly.
Post Sat May 01, 2004 9:14 pm
MYOWNCLICHE

''''I feel like big brother is hovering way to close. I read an article on privacy and how our lives are tracked the other day and damn not just the goverment, other people too know way to much about our lives. From street cameras to cookies. . It's kind of freaky.''''

I wrote about this the other day. This stuff scares the shit out of me the more I think oF it. Caroline Kennedy wrote an interesting book on Privacy its a good read . Big Brother is watching us all. :shock:
Post Sat May 01, 2004 9:52 pm
rodgCC

damn, right in here in my city. glad i'm on the north side
Post Sat May 01, 2004 9:57 pm
eggplant xanadu
try-harderator

Hero wrote:
Yeah that shit is weak as fuck. Last week they had a spring fest A.K.A 420 fest up on campus. The fuzz brought video cameras to be a bunch of buzz kills, and arrest some heads. Most people don't even blaze out in the open just show up stoned, but the still invade your privacy just for showing up to an event. I don't know shit is getting worse, the thought police will arrive shortly.

Hero,you ever go to Funk Fest?
Post Sat May 01, 2004 10:11 pm
PHiZ
banned by kHill

I think facial recognition technology is worse.

Or License plate database tracking.

Bulletproof huh. I bet some glass etching solution in some paintballs or a super-soaker, would "fog" the glass though. :wink:
-PHiZ
Post Sat May 01, 2004 11:02 pm
R. Kamidees

Re: Hmm how can the police do this????  Reply with quote  

FCser wrote:
that if they continue doing this they should make the video feeds public so everyone can watch what the cops can watch...

First off, its outside, how is THAT private? By name alone, it is "public"! Second off, the cameras don't belong to you. Are you willing to share your home movies with the cops? If all this bugs you, don't commit crimes and you won't have anything to worry aboot.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 1:19 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

if MY TAX DOLLARS are paying for these video cameras do i not have the right to view whats being recorded?
Post Sun May 02, 2004 4:43 am
excellrec

you could view whats being recorded.... stand next to the camera.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 6:25 am
Fladlien

I thought the law was that you couldn't videotape someone without their permission unless they were a celebrity or a public figure.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 6:30 am
FCser

..  Reply with quote  

yeah but the cops can see these places from thier car they can tune into cameras and whats to stop them from spying through your window? like the police would even tell if someone did look into someones windows so everyone should be able to see what the police are watching to prevent them from spying through windows. i wouldnt share my home videos with the cops but these cameras are not making home videos either they are just recording the street so why shouldnt everyone be able to watch...?
Post Sun May 02, 2004 9:22 am
Jesse

for fuck's sake, should cops have to plug their ears and cover their eyes until they get a warrant to stop for a second? Is it really such a violation of privacy to be OBSERVED IN PUBLIC?

You ever get caught shoplifting and get all indignant, like HOW DARE YOU LOOK AT ME!?

I do not understand this late fetishization of privacy.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 10:57 am
MF TOON

hahah thanks Jesse, you beat me to it.

Obey the fucking law if you don't like police bothering you.

I'm tired of hearing your whining about this stupid shit in every single post, you guys sound like retards.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 11:12 am
still illiterate

walkingparadox wrote:
if MY TAX DOLLARS are paying for these video cameras do i not have the right to view whats being recorded?

I really hate this excuse. Just because you inderectly pay a small percentage of something does not give you ownership of it, you are on the otherhand, benefiting from it.

And camera's are everywhere. I heard somewhere that if you spend an hour in a relatively large city you will be caught on tape an average of 17 times. The only thing illegal about public camera's is if they are used to record conversations as well as just video.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 11:21 am
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

ill agree to disagree
Post Sun May 02, 2004 11:24 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next