Search
Register
A cop was just shot
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Dan Shay

All yall "die pig die" types better watch yourself. Stupid sentement like that inflames and justifies the "rationale" behind the escalation of your own oppression.

Next thing you know COINTELPRO's got you dead or in jail.

Yeah, the streets are occupied. You have to put a human face on the suffering, not a divisive tone like that bullshit.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:58 pm
mr self distrukt

Dan Shay wrote:
All yall "die pig die" types better watch yourself. Stupid sentement like that inflames and justifies the "rationale" behind the escalation of your own oppression.

Next thing you know COINTELPRO's got you dead or in jail.

Yeah, the streets are occupied. You have to put a human face on the suffering, not a divisive tone like that bullshit.

stupid sentiment?! wow. if it inflames them, too fucking bad. sometimes i feel like i gots an inferno inside me.
demanding justice and defending oneself by any means necessary does not justify shit for them.

how the fuck does it justify a people's oppression?!
keep eatin where you shit holmes.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:14 am
MC Pope

Yeah, man. It's fuckin' terrible how those police oppress you ... enforcing all those laws that some guy who isn't you made up.

C'mon. You know what would be oppression? Oppression would be having to spend all day every day sitting on your fucking porch with a shotgun, because that shotgun was the only thing in the world that could possibly prevent you from being beaten, robbed, raped, or killed.

Please, explain to me the brilliant way in which we can maintain some semblance of a civilised society without giving someone the authority that we give to cops. Even though its an authority that will undoubtedly corrupt many of those who wield it.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:35 am
2b
SHAKESPERIAN ACTOR

MC Pope John Paul II wrote:

Please, explain to me the brilliant way in which we can maintain some semblance of a civilised society without giving someone the authority that we give to cops. Even though its an authority that will undoubtedly corrupt many of those who wield it.

Well if we can't keep peace amongst ourselves are we really "civilized"? I would argue that we aren't.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:45 am
mr self distrukt

when the fuck did i become an anarchist?
that's not what i'm saying at all.
i'm saying that cops are fucking rotten and that shit needs to change.
immediately and drastically.
not gently, not patiently.
now.

in theory cops can provide an invaluable service and resource for aiding and protecting a community. but that utopia is long gone, if it ever existed.
shit needs to change... note: NOT shit needs to disappear. damn.

grant it, my use of "oppression" was a little heavy-handed.
but then again i'm white. i don't know how it truly feels to be racially profiled by cops, i don't have to worry all that much about getting beat down because of my skin color by cops, and i generally don't have to worry about getting shot 41 times for answering the door with a wallet by cops.

Main Entry: oppression
Pronunciation: &-'pre-sh&n
Function: noun
1 a : unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power b : something that oppresses especially in being an unjust or excessive exercise of power
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:41 pm
Don Knotts

Apparently the cop was shot by a 16 yr old who did it so he could be jumped into a gang.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:28 pm
MessiahCarey

Don Knotts wrote:
Apparently the cop was shot by a 16 yr old who did it so he could be jumped into a gang.

Fucking beautiful.

Ugh.

- Shane
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:42 pm
Dan Shay

Societies that don't have to the type of police/army system the US has don't automatically plunge into a Mad Max hell hollywood would have people believe.

Neighborhood councils and the fear of banishment are enough to keep some societies from imploding.

Such a police occupation is needed when you have a great buildup of resources by a few and you need to keep the many from it.

Just listen to the dead prez, they'll tell you all about it.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:46 pm
kese

sad times...

Last edited by kese on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dan Shay

Soylent Green is made of people.

They do have a clever way of getting our hands dirty with Walmart, 401k's and cheap produce.
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:10 pm
firefly

A dead cop is never a good thing, wether he was clean or dirty. All it really does is piss off the other cops and the street cats pay for it.

My feelings towards this topic is conflicted. On one side I'm with Shane and would never smile over another persons death, but at the same time I see this as a war being fought and cops/criminals are the casualities. And since it's almost always the criminals who are the casualties it doesn't disturb me in the slightest when I hear about a dead cop. Then again, if I knew him it might make a difference. I know a couple of good cops and I think their presence in the force is very important.
Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:53 am
MYOWNCLICHE

awww damn wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:
that has to be very hard for a son/daughter/wife/husband/parents to go through.

word. for anyone who gets killed.

I can't imagine going to work one day and getting killed. My ex is a cop, I worried about this all the time. RIP
Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:08 am
Aor

Don Knotts wrote:

This is the issue. wether the cop was a "good" or "bad" cop is almost irrelevent. although i have said time and time again that its usually the best cop on the force who's shot because the bad ones are too buisy being taped beating up on minorities and drifting out of the news. j/k. but anyway we should be discussing the fact that gang members assembled in my nieghborhood to watch a SIXTEEN year old Child kill an inoccent cop in broad day light. in wich he also put a handful of other people at risk. theres always alot of people in that area.. We need a cure from this disease of thinking that everyone with a badge is trying to opress us.

oh and also. gangs are ignorant.
Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:21 pm
Dee

Yeah mr sd I agree w/ you for the most part but yr crossing a line here into this blanket assumption about all police that I think is pretty offensive and more importantly innaccurate. Police are human and individuals and are just as flawed as everyone else. I totally agree that immediate reform is neccessary but I don't see how celebrating a cop's death is going to help foster an atmosphere where that is possible.
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:37 am
th3fl4sh

a friend of mines brother is a friend of the 16 year old. Its some friend of a friend type shit but heres what i know.

the 16 year old wanted to be in a gang. they were looking to jump him in the gang, he said he would shoot a cop, the gang members said thats stupid dont do it becuase ull get caught and sent up for life. well he did it by himself, shooting a long beach (or santa ana cant member) cop who was in pomona serveing some traffic tickets. The 16 year old was said to have run out of a car, gun to the back of the cops head, cop didnt see it coming, 1 shot, he ran the hell out. from what i heard he goes to diamond ranch, and they he admitted to the crime there and got taken away.

its kinda sad cuz i live in diamond bar which is right next to pomona...
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:45 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next