Search
Register
A cop was just shot
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Aor

A cop was just shot  Reply with quote  

By a SIXTEEN year old kid. For no reason ( gang initiation.)

-------------------------------------------------------
A cop was just shot a block from my house comming out of the court house. I heard the shots then watched it on tv. they havent found a reason why he was shot and there was some shady people infront of my house before the shooting.. wierd. fuck helicopters are loud.

oh it was in pomona, ca

update.
the cop died. he had been at the courts for traffic tickets.

Last edited by Aor on Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:27 pm
Craig a.d.

that's too bad.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:15 pm
pakilicious

Re: A cop was just shot  Reply with quote  

Aor wrote:
A cop was just shot a block from my house comming out of the court house. I heard the shots then watched it on tv. they havent found a reason why he was shot and there was some shady people infront of my house before the shooting.. wierd. fuck helicopters are loud.

oh it was in pomona, ca

damn, im in chino hills, what part of pomona are you at?
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:56 pm
Aor

downtown. off garey. thomas
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:24 am
mr self distrukt

one down...
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:06 am
kese

mr self distrukt wrote:
one down...

cold....

I mean it's cold that someone can just shoot a cop like that, aren't they protecting us?
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:08 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MessiahCarey

I bite my toungue in respect for the dead, and will continue to do so.

My condolences go out to his family...that has to be very hard for a son/daughter/wife/husband/parents to go through.

Very sad.

- Shane

Last edited by MessiahCarey on Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:14 am
Awww mn

there is a big controversy in san francisco because this cop was sprayed with an ak-47. they caught the guy, but Dianne Feinstein stuck her nose in the business and called for the death penalty. the only problem is the DA is morally opposed to the death penalty and not only did the police association endorse her, the people of san francisco voted for her into office fully knowing that she ran on an anti-death penalty platform. now the police officers are calling for her to recuse herself from the case because they are saying she's incompetant if she's not pressing for a death sentence. huh? they endorsed her fully knowing her srtance on capital punishment. but it's different when it's one of their own, right?

why is a police officer's life more valuable than any other citizen?
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:14 am
Awww mn

MessiahCarey wrote:
that has to be very hard for a son/daughter/wife/husband/parents to go through.

word. for anyone who gets killed.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:16 am
MessiahCarey

awww damn wrote:
why is a police officer's life more valuable than any other citizen?

Because they "serve" and "protect" us every day.

*tongue pokes through cheek*

Ouch.

- Shane
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:19 am
mr self distrukt

victims aren't we all.

i mean, don't all you "fuck the police" cats understand what you're yellin?

it's not all tears and hugs when they're the ones beating-the-fuck/kickin-the-fuck/shootin-the-fuck outta someone.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:34 am
Awww mn

oh no doubt. there are plenty of ghastly dirty cops out there and most of the ones i have seen are dickheads.

but not all cops are dickheads and i wouldn't make any assumption that just because a guy is a cop means that he is a dick. i believe there are people out there who become cops sincerely thinking that they are protecting.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:00 am
2b
SHAKESPERIAN ACTOR

The truth is we don't know why this officer was shot. So I can not love or hate this individual because I do not know him. I do think that it's bad that he was killed. I know some real shitty cops in my area, I mean true abusers of power, and I don't wish death on them. I don't wish death on anybody. Now, I'll say "Fuck the Police" mainly because I'm against their needless occupation of the streets, with their always right attitudes, and supreme powers over the populace. I don't want these people to die, I want the actions to stop, that's why i say those words. So yes I understand what I'm yelling. I don't think that shooting people is the answer though.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:48 am
MessiahCarey

awww damn wrote:
but not all cops are dickheads and i wouldn't make any assumption that just because a guy is a cop means that he is a dick.

Part of me agrees, part of me still argue with this logic.

I mean, I think to myself about what it would take for me to think it's alright to enforce rules selected by people who I know to be immoral (both the rules AND those making them) using a gun that I'm given by the money of the people I'm forcing these rules onto...and then I think about how EVERY police officer thought about this and furthermore thought that it's not only OKAY, but a GOOD thing to do?

I don't know. I vary from one side on the "they're just victims of the system teaching them what is 'right'" argument to the other, which states that they know exactly what they're doing when they sign up - and it's wrong to do.

Where does someone become responsible for their own actions? How many families don't have a daddy because he got sent away on some bullshit drug conviction, and this police officer came to get him - weapons of mass intimidation in tow.

This isn't to say this man deserved to die, or to in any way minimalize the effect it will have on his family or how terrible it is. That is a horrible thing - doubly so if his death happens to be in the best interest of the people due to an area of moral uncertainty.

Bah. I really shouldn't talk on stuff like this, because I think that enforcing your will on others is essentially one of the most immoral acts imaginable (but certainly not punishable by death) - however, most people who do it are never presented with the question or morality in the first place (they were just taught to accept it, period)....ja;lksd;lakshd;ltkha;lsdjkht;alsdhkt

Shit like this just makes my head hurt.

- Shane

Last edited by MessiahCarey on Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:10 pm
mr self distrukt

if the pig had a family, i feel sorry for the children- for they were borne into a lifestyle not of their choosing.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:16 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next