Search
Register
ADHD and marijuana...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Native Legend

I'm not putting any bad vibes in the air about smoking pot. Yeah, it is a lot better then most drugs out their and I'm all for it to be legal.

During my last days of smoking pot I made a vaporizer and it's by far the best way to get stoned, less toxins being inhaled into your lungs.

Its just crazy that in a way they're saying its okay for kids to smoke pot these days.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:06 pm
z-spot22

wurd
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:14 pm
z-spot22

and a second wurd to the vaporizer, definately worth it....
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:14 pm
2b
SHAKESPERIAN ACTOR

They aren't saying it's okay by any means, at least for marijuana, now for the derivative that is offered in pill form, they might approve it, but it wouldn't have the same effects. They'll modify it to provide the calming effects without the high. That's probably what's being studied.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:15 pm
apeofdeath
FIRE BREATHING DRAG QUEEN

MYTH: There are no long-term consequences to marijuana use.
FACT: Research shows that kids who smoke marijuana engage in risky behavior that can jeopardize their futures, like having sex, getting in trouble with the law, or losing scholarship money. Marijuana can also hurt academic achievement and puts kids at risk for depression and anxiety.

Having sex jepordizes my future?

I'm confused.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:17 pm
Native Legend

twob wrote:
They'll modify it to provide the calming effects without the high. That's probably what's being studied.

Maybe thats the same thing they said about heiron and oxycontin and the studies they had before they dropped this drug on patients? Now, look at what that has done to people.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:22 pm
2b
SHAKESPERIAN ACTOR

Well, here's the thing. Heroin is an opiate, an extremely addictive drug. Not only that, but oxycontin is used to treat severe pain. There's a difference between the what you're compairing here, Marijuana didn't have withdrawal symptoms to begin with, and in my opinion no addiction to speak of. Opiates however are both highly addictive and have been known for their extreme withdrawal symptoms. Your comparison is similar to apples and beef in my opinion. I don't think it would have nearly as bad repercussions as oxycontin does.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:48 pm
Beep

When i was in high school i smoked a lot of pot, it did not help too much infect it hurt my grades. I became VERY lazy and did not want to do anything, i also became very depressed and ended up getting kicked out of school because I never went enough. After that whole ordeal i stoped smoking pot, got my GED and i am in College retaking some high school classes... shit sucks.

Pot can be ruthless if you smoke waayyyy too much, moderation is the key.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:03 pm
apeofdeath
FIRE BREATHING DRAG QUEEN

Beep wrote:
When i was in high school i smoked a lot of pot, it did not help too much infect it hurt my grades. I became VERY lazy and did not want to do anything, i also became very depressed and ended up getting kicked out of school because I never went enough. After that whole ordeal i stoped smoking pot, got my GED and i am in College retaking some high school classes... shit sucks.

Pot can be ruthless if you smoke waayyyy too much, moderation is the key.

That's the same with anything. I used to smoke ~ 2 a week - but I would smoke about a half-quarter to myself- I saw it was hurting my social and academic life so I cut back. I do it ~ 2 a month. That is a good balance for me.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:08 pm
squirtisblow

well its proven that riddalin attrophies the brain, and in the long run making it smaller, the brain is just a muscle kinda. i think the weed might be better who knows. however its also proven that watching tv from birth till 3 yrs. raises the chances of getting add or adhd, and it makes sense since the tv drives your attention up the wall and kids are like sponges. i dont know how valid this information is but ive gotten it from teachers...piece
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:12 pm
Native Legend

twob wrote:
Well, here's the thing. Heroin is an opiate, an extremely addictive drug. Not only that, but oxycontin is used to treat severe pain.

Yeah, I know that its used for this purpose, but I was referring to the street value of this drug and the people that get and use it without a persciption.
Wouldn't it be the same with the pot pill if it was mass distributed.

And who's to say that they don't add some addictive ingredients to the chemical makeup? Isn't that why they make these drugs to get their hooks in you, take your money, tell you it will make your life better, longer,etc,etc.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:25 pm
duke_city

astronot wrote:
MYTH: There are no long-term consequences to marijuana use.
FACT: Research shows that kids who smoke marijuana engage in risky behavior that can jeopardize their futures, like having sex, getting in trouble with the law, or losing scholarship money. Marijuana can also hurt academic achievement and puts kids at risk for depression and anxiety.

Having sex jepordizes my future?

I'm confused.

HIV? STDs? from being too stoned to remember to use a condom?
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:44 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

AD(H)D as far as im concerned is made up by the medical companys that want your cash

its all a fuckin joke.........yea ofcourse some kids are gonna be really hyper
there kids for christs sake

blah blah blaah
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:26 pm
duke_city

walkingparadox wrote:
AD(H)D as far as im concerned is made up by the medical companys that want your cash

its all a fuckin joke.........yea ofcourse some kids are gonna be really hyper
there kids for christs sake

blah blah blaah

yep.

ADD and ADHD exists but I know damn sure it can be prevented and its not nearly as prevalent as its diagnosed to be

Kids with ADD are often linked to absentee parents who simply didn't spend enough time with their children before their kids go buck wild.
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:34 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

for real man

its like come on mom turn off the fucking tv!
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:37 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next