Search
Register
How is the Clinton administration to blame? At ALL?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

MYOWNCLICHE

Sage Francis wrote:
well, if it takes you 15 minutes then you are doing something wrong too.

But the key word was "max"

You don't think any President we ever had in the history of our country took some time to have sex? They all did. Some even dressed up as the opposite sex. That doesn't mean they weren't able to carry out their job

still. We are animals.

I love you sage, what can i say ,you see thing differently than most.

I hope you know you are going to make me late for work in the morning!
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:11 am
Soul Khansenses

By some accounts, Clinton let Bin Laden "slip through his fingers" when he could have taken him from Sudan's custody. Even though Clinton himself has expressed regret over it, at least he had the idea that Al Qaeda was a threat. His people proposed Homeland Security, though not in the mammoth and absorbing form it's taken, to the Bush transition team, and they scoffed at him. Bush's window was wider and he had more signs of a threat.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:05 am
Dee

Keep in mind that under Clinton we prosecuted the criminals responsible for bombing the World Trade Center the first time. Like, we made an effort to get them.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:07 am
MYOWNCLICHE

Soul Khansenses wrote:
By some accounts, Clinton let Bin Laden "slip through his fingers" when he could have taken him from Sudan's custody. Even though Clinton himself has expressed regret over it, at least he had the idea that Al Qaeda was a threat. His people proposed Homeland Security, though not in the mammoth and absorbing form it's taken, to the Bush transition team, and they scoffed at him. Bush's window was wider and he had more signs of a threat.

And before him, lets get to the get go of this?
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:10 am
MYOWNCLICHE

Sage Francis wrote:

We are animals.
v
If it takes the pres more than 15 minutes I would just say good night to him
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:17 am
RaWaZwEl

A hundred years from now all these names will be irellevant/
theyve lost tenement documented lost regrets of a postiumist
word of emotion/
40% African Americans enslaved 40 Billion dollars a year made portrayed for a corporate stake/
but the aziatic fate Poetry repaid Langston Hughes says presedential materials while a saxaphone plays/

Cultural Exchange
In the Quarter of the Negroes
Where the doors are doors of paper
Dust of dingy atoms
Blows a scratchy sound.
Amorphous jack-o'-Lanterns caper
And the wind won't wait for midnight
For fun to blow doors down.
By the river and the railroad
With fluid far-off goind
Boundaries bind unbinding
A whirl of whisteles blowing.
No trains or steamboats going--
Yet Leontyne's unpacking.

In the Quarter of the Negroes
Where the doorknob lets in Lieder
More than German ever bore,
Her yesterday past grandpa--
Not of her own doing--
In a pot of collard greens
Is gently stewing.

Pushcarts fold and unfold
In a supermarket sea.
And we better find out, mama,
Where is the colored laundromat
Since we move dup to Mount Vernon.

In the pot begind the paper doors
on the old iron stove what's cooking?
What's smelling, Leontyne?
Lieder, lovely Lieder
And a leaf of collard green.
Lovely Lieder, Leontyne.

You know, right at Christmas
They asked me if my blackness,
Would it rub off?
I said, Ask your mama.

Dreams and nightmares!
Nightmares, dreams, oh!
Dreaming that the Negroes
Of the South have taken over--
Voted all the Dixiecrats
Right out of power--

Comes the COLORED HOUR:
Martin Luther King is Governor of Georgia,
Dr. Rufus Clement his Chief Adviser,
A. Philip Randolph the High Grand Worthy.
In white pillared mansions
Sitting on their wide verandas,
Wealthy Negroes have white servants,
White sharecroppers work the black plantations,
And colored children have white mammies:
Mammy Faubus
Mammy Eastland
Mammy Wallace
Dear, dear darling old white mammies--
Sometimes even buried with our family.
Dear old
Mammy Faubus!

Culture, they say, is a two-way street:
Hand me my mint julep, mammny.
Hurry up!
Make haste!
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:40 am
MessiahCarey

I haven't read a single post past the first one, so just lemme state the reason I, personally, think the Clinton administration is to blame just as much - then I can peep the rest.

I'm still under the assumption that "fighting" terrorism will include addressing the core issues that terrorists use in order to gain membership amongst their ranks. Each individual terrorist has their own motivation for giving up a "normal" (albeit very different from ours) life and pursuing the goals that their parent organizations put before them. Certain aspects of this will include religious disinformation and a twisting of Islam, and the cause will hit home for other Arabs in more practical realms such as U.S. military presence in their countries and the policies of other nations. I'm not suggesting we stop supporting Israel completely, but we should enforce some tough love if nothing else.

One reason for Clinton to receive a portion of the blame:
Remembering my point of "fighting" terrorism including this socio-political front as well as military aggression outlined above, the main "proof" of Clinton's desire to stamp out terrorism is that he increased air strikes. At the time, the Republicans were complaining about him "wagging the dog" and trying to take attention off the Lewinski scandal. This is problematic in two senses, #1 being that the wrong approach is still being taken in the use of force over the use of U.S. policy changes and more importantly, if you feel otherwise about the use of force, he allowed for the politics of the nation to dictate how much he did to FIGHT terrorism.

It is the POLICIES of the United States since the late 40's that terrorists reject, and the (apparant) results that those policies hate. This isn't making any assumption on whether or not these policies are actually the cause of the problems that terrorist organizations have used in order to gather membership amongst their ranks, but either way it is wise for us as a nation to address them in the interest of national security. Clinton didn't do that to his full ability because of the political conditions in the country.

Perhaps $400,000 a year, along with a $28,000 "entertainment" budget proved too large an investment to risk to unhappy voters. Imagine the protests that would have happened if there was no terrorist attack for the current administration, whoever it may be, to exploit in the interest of "fighting terrorism". I find it hard to believe that the American people would have supported Clinton's thugs*cough* armed forces going into Afghanistan. PERHAPS after the first World Trade Center bombing, but it looks like Clinton didn't want to take that chance either, huh? Pussy.

Most importantly, I want to reinstate that my blaming of the Clinton administration - and more importantly the administrations before him (Yeah, Reagan did a BUNCH for mideast relations...) - does NOT relinquish any blame from either of the Bush administrations or any fucking President for that matter. It's all politics with these people, and there are lives at stake. Remember, it's better to have 50 unhappy subordinates than to get the boss mad and lose your job.

- Shane
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:41 am
MessiahCarey

The notion that Clinton let the scandal get in the way is troublesome because, unfortunately, it MAY be true in a way.

If you subscribe to the idea that without the scandal Clinton would have been able to take more military action and, also, assuming that's the only answer - a potential muslim extremist in Iraq sees bombs flying into asprin factories in an effort to kill terrorists and sever sanctions on their nation...then a U.S. led invasion of U.S. installed leaders the Taliban? Come the fuck on, now. That's not "fighting" terrorism in the fucking first place, it's fueling it! BUT...if we're to assume Clinton WAS afraid of it due to the scandal, who's to blame then? Is it America's disgusting views on the requirement of the human animal to practice monogomy or is it Clinton's for KNOWING the view and ignoring it for the sake of his own FREEDOM and LIBERTY? The whole thing is problematic, but I think in the end it boils down to the fact that Clinton allowed politics to dictate what he did or didn't do to protect the American people, and that puts him (and any other American president) at fault in my eyes.

In this regard...I really really think Bush is dumb in so many areas, but there are certain things that I find interesting about him if not almost endearing. He knows he has a political assfuck right now and yes, he's acting quite arrogantly, but I still get the idea that he's doing what HE thinks is right most of the time (i.e. helping his buddies and killing brown people) and I have to respect that. Ha.

"I mean...you have to respect his style...he decides to fuck you over, he goes all out."

Reminds me of when my friend's band (Element 42) played a vegan cookout and he stole about 100 Slim Jims...brought them and threw them at everyone. You had the collegiate Starbucks vegans going, "What the fuck, that's real fucked up!" and the "real" vegans (you know, the one that cares WHO makes their non-animal products and actually checks the package EVEN WHEN NOBODY'S LOOKING!) in the back laughing their asses off at the whole episode.

I'm blabbing. All this Iraq stuff is getting me really really depressed. Gotta shift focus sometimes....AHHHHHHHS:LDGJHLAKSJTH!

- Shane
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:41 am
MessiahCarey

MYOWNCLICHE wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

We are animals.
v
If it takes the pres more than 15 minutes I would just say good night to him

Lazy. When I go down on a woman, I'm there until the job is done or something that WILL do the trick is suggested.

Or I'm asked to leave the Alzhiemer's ward. Whichever...er...comes....first.

- Shane
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:25 am
Reggie

I remember when Clinton approved the order to bomb Northern Afghanistan after Al Quaeda destroyed the American embassy in Nigeria, a co-worker commented to me that it was a "fucked up" thing to do, because obviously he was just trying to cover up the Lewinsky scandal with this military action.

I had to laugh. It was like the century came full circle at that very moment.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:30 am
Dialectz

Goddammit, it is just a blowjob! Who cares how long it took, hes like 60, his stamina is low. That only means more time to do his job.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:22 am
Doctrine

I just read all four pages...There's one persone who BS'ed his/her way through the WHOLE thing...
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dan Shay

and seriously, has anybody thought that maybe there are people out there who hate us because of what Reagan, Bush the first, Clinton, and Bush the second have done to them, and not because of what they didn't do.

We have absolutely no idea what operations in the area have gone on due to National Security secrecy.

It's like the five year old brother in the back seat of the car pinching his baby brother while the parents aren't watching.

All the parents see is the baby crying, but the kid cannot tell them that his brother is an asshole.

I mean, take Afghanistan. By the talk here, it doesn't sound like y'all are hip on the history.
They(the US clandestine operations) raised money for guns to fight the USSR there by selling heroin. After that they abandoned the country, to sink into a warlord Mad Max hell.

All your buddies die for a war, ten years later one of the empires that fought for influence in your land falls anyway, so it feels like it was all for nothing, and then, on top of that, your brother is now a junkie, and the people you fought for have abandoned your country.

Sounds like Rambo heaven to me.

I mean come on, your brother is now a junkie, and you go after the pushers is like Blaxploitation premise heaven.

Oh, and there might be the factor Clinton had to consider, that Pakistan, and ally of Afghanistan, had nukes.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:36 pm
wordsauce

In the paranoid conspiracy nut's head:

Bush:9-11:PatriotAct::Clinton:OKC:Anti-Terrorism Act

the president's each pass "anti-terrorism" legislation after terrorism that the president's own government may have very well inflicted. terrorism to cause terror into allowing "anti-terror" legislation that strips people of their liberties. clinton's anti-terrorism act was failed to be passed succesfully prior to OKC in 1995; "the new law allows the decision of the Secretary of State to designate a group as terrorist to be based on classified evidence, and if challenged in court, the Secretary of State's decision can be defended on the basis of secret evidence."
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:08 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

[quote="MYOWNCLICHE"]
Dialectz wrote:
Excuse me a 30 minute blow job? then you are doing something wrong.
Or something very right.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:32 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4