Search
Register
condo rice testimony
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

MAGIstraight

^ I have no idea what the hell you just said aviator...

Hate to break it to you... but even if the united states was the size of just California... we'd still need a government...
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:26 pm
Andvil

her tone of voice, the whole time she talked it sounded like she was RIGHT on the verge of crying. the entire time. The shakiness in her voice and shit, I kept looking over at the screen cause it always sounded like she was almost crying. It was embarrasing to watch and even more embarrasing to listen to
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:53 pm
A aviator

magistraight wrote:
^ I have no idea what the hell you just said aviator...

Hate to break it to you... but even if the united states was the size of just California... we'd still need a government...

I was pissed. Too many things to explain:

We just had a shooting, and someone died, in my town outside of the only club that attracts "gangsta thugs". The kids were from another city and the whole place is targeting the club as being the problem. I am super annoyed that there are fuckers out there who run around w/ bullshit beef and guns and think they can solve their problems w/ violence.
I'm saying, people need to grow the fuck up and watch out for themselves, cooperate and deal w/ eachother responsibly.

I'm also talking about colonialism and how much its fucked us thru its own evolution.

I know we need a gov't. I just hate the one we have right now. It's not democratic and it sucks ass. Condisleeza is making more people see how much ass is sucks.

now I'm angry again.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:11 pm
prometheus_bound

Andvil wrote:
her tone of voice, the whole time she talked it sounded like she was RIGHT on the verge of crying. the entire time. The shakiness in her voice and shit, I kept looking over at the screen cause it always sounded like she was almost crying. It was embarrasing to watch and even more embarrasing to listen to

i watch the same thing you did but had the total opposite view. she seems confident and reassured. the only time she waivered was when she was asked if the president ever knew that al queda cells were in the us. if by crying you mean long drawn out answers to yes or no questions i agree but if not then i dont.

in fact, she said the line that grab the headlines of the news broadcasts rather casually. the osama determined to...line i mean.
Post Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:35 am
habit

yall are just haters.
dont like the system? move or actually try to change it. vote or boycott, organize, whatever. dont just be an internet sophist with sky high notions. look down and see whats going on and how you can impact.

condoleeza rice getting on your nerves? look in the mirror

imagine yourself a 'corporate' woman. if you are surrounded by power-mongering conservatives, and thats where your dream job is - wheres your loyalty?
its to your job.

and really, whos pulling the strings here...? rice? over bush/cheney/rumsfield? come on....

she gets a thumbs up from me. GO GIRL!

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:04 am
MessiahCarey

magistraight wrote:

For now, sure.

I firmly believe that humanity has the capacity to rise above the need for laws, just not the motivation to do so. We live in a "fuck the next guy over to get ahead society". Once that's minimalized, the need for laws becomes less and less.

And habit: Don't talk about what people on here do or don't do, you have no idea because - as you said, this is the net. You see the text people let you see, and that's it. The rest of their day they are doing things that may be what you're alluding to and maybe even using the internet as a tool to do that as well through dialogue. So piss off with your "don't like the system? Buy into it, that'll change it!" attitude, please. Voting does nothing, and boycotting is only effective in an SOCIALLY EDUCATED society (which this is not). That said, I vote AND partake in personal boycotts. It's changed a bunch, lemme tell ya. Ha. Right now you may feel like it may, but when we're all 45 and haven't bought a fucking thing from Coke and they're installing the president because they have a military hold on the government, we'll wonder what 45 years of voting and boycotting has done.

I hear what you're saying about Condi, though. She's the low (wo)man on the totem pole. She held herself pretty well, and she's very articulate. I think that this destroyed her Presidential hopes, though, because she didn't hold up THAT well. (My theory was that the Reps would run Condi vs. Hillary if Clinton ever ran...I think that theory was effectively deaded with this testimony).

Politics is the thinking person's WWE, no more, no less. You're right, habit, it's what we DO that matters.

- Shane
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:49 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

Reggie wrote:
Try to fix it from within. This is the most difficult of all the options I have presented, and the one I personally agree with the least. It seems that the system is so set up that you need to sell your soul just to get involved. No one is innocent enough to cast the first stone. Even if you do remain pure of heart, can you really slay the dragon? I am reminded of a Dag Nasty quote: "Like being in bed with a porcupine: a thousand pricks against one."
Nice Dag Nasty reference.

In a sweet bit of irony, i don't think all the members of Dag Nasty really think things need fixing right now though. See Dave Smalley's columns at www.conservativepunk.com (where he talks about W. leading us out of a period of darkness) or the arguments me and him get into at www.daghouse.com - although i guess he wasn't in the band at the time of the song that you quoted.
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:52 am
MessiahCarey

That conservative punk site is straight comedy.

"Nowadays if you are punk you are supposed to be liberal."

Ummm....no.

- Shane
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:58 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

You know, a lot of the time when i am reading cases for school i will have the tv on and muted. One day i had Fox News on and i looked up and saw that they were interviewing that loser that does the conservative punk site. I unmuted the tv to listen to it. The dude was a dope.

The interviewer (i think it was Hume) asked him something like, "i thought punk rock was supposed to be about rebellion and you are just agreeing with the system, how can you call yourself a punk?" The dude stammered for a second and then said that he was a rebel because "most of the music/entertainment industry was liberal" so he was a true punk.

The whole thing was just bizarre. I couldn't believe this discussion was even taking place, much less on a national news show.
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:12 am
MC Pope

I have nothing to add to this discussion. But I'd just like to say ... Brit Hume is awesome. Smooth motherfucker. Great name, too.

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:51 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2