Search
Register
condo rice testimony
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

k-deep

condo rice testimony  Reply with quote  

has anyone seen it? i've been busy all day, so i haven't gotten a chance to check it out. i'm expecting that her comments were probably in line with what she had said in front of the media. anyone have more info on this?
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:12 pm
Kepp

I watched it during breakfast. I wasn't paying much attention, but she seemed nervous as hell.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:17 pm
SYmbi0sis

I always have trouble believing anything that this administration claims.

http://www.epa.gov/oig/reports/2004/20040305-2004-P-0008.pdf

I dug this up doing some research for a paper yesterday and I think it seves as a mircocasm for the entire white house. Kinda boring but maybe some of you will think its interesting...

As for condo she does have a super oil tanker named after her...
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:25 pm
A aviator

I haven't tuned in but I am pissed that she isn't making any kind of appology. As if this administration could never make a fucking mistake.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:42 pm
The Dude Abides

it was her fault
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:51 pm
A aviator

The Dude Abides wrote:
it was her fault

okay, blame is the root of all evil. Condi is just an big business oil bitch, I don't think she's to blame tho.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:57 pm
still illiterate

cunniligus rice sounds like a mexican dish. maybe we should put her on a plane and send her down to mexico so the mexicans will eat her.
-clayton bigsby
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:22 pm
MessiahCarey

It was fluff.

I watched the whole thing. Nothing but question dodging.

However, the questions asked were fucking WEAK and I am now 100% convinced that the 9-11 commission is nothing but politics.

Fuck the commission, fuck Condi Rice, fuck Bill Clinton, fuck George Bush, fuck John Kerry, fuck Ralph Nader, fuck this whole goddamned fucking shit.

It's all a fucking circus. A big fucking political circus, and in Iraq we're creating new little fucking terrorists every day so we can watch this circus the NEXT time there's an attack.

;alsdthj;alkdht
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:21 am
SYmbi0sis

im inclined to agree with carey
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:47 am

everything is politics
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:03 am
Reggie

I agree, American Politics is the most boring reality show on television. Just when it starts getting good they always cut away before the fistfights.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:28 am
MessiahCarey

My frustration runs so deep right now.

You have people who are dumb enough to think that electing John Kerry will fix ANYTHING.

You got even dumber people thinking that George Bush is a good president.

And nobody's addressing the simple fact that a democracy of this size DOES NOT FUCKING WORK. Period.

The framers of the Constitution, for all the toilet paper that document is worth, knew it. That's where they tried to allow for each state to have some autonomy, but it's too large...we either have to simplify and streamline the system (digital voting kiosks anyone? They can do fucking lottery simply enough, can't they? Maybe put some real information on the news and not agenda-bended bullshit on the news...ugh...I'm ranting) or get rid of some states. Like maybe Texas.

- Shane
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:34 am
Reggie

I mean, that's what voter apathy is all about, right? The system is corrupted from top to bottom. It's past the point of blaming people and naming names, now anyone that just participates in the process is adding to the problem, whether they know it or not.

Maybe it was by some grand design, maybe it has just become a happy accident for career politicians, but We the People are absolutely separated from our government. Most of the legislation that gets passed affects us by way of butterfly effect--which doesn't mean that the effects aren't felt. So what are our options here?

1) Continue being apathetic. Some people act like this is insane, but it's a tried and true way of life for much of the world throughout most of history. Instead of worrying about whether or not your emperor will wage another civil war, try to get your wheat harvested on time. Deal with the attack when it happens. There always remains the possibility that the succeeding emperor will be more sympathetic to your needs.

2) Get on the supply side of corruption. It feels good to be on the winning team, most of the time. The other side is only tasting sour grapes.

3) Smash the state. This might be the scariest option of all, not because of the smashing part but because of the aftermath. Our fucked-up system is, at the very least, ours, and it is worrisome to consider what might replace it. American Democracy might be confusing but its jingoism is kind of soothing.

4) Try to fix it from within. This is the most difficult of all the options I have presented, and the one I personally agree with the least. It seems that the system is so set up that you need to sell your soul just to get involved. No one is innocent enough to cast the first stone. Even if you do remain pure of heart, can you really slay the dragon? I am reminded of a Dag Nasty quote: "Like being in bed with a porcupine: a thousand pricks against one."

I don't have any answers, just my own feelings and thoughts. I do feel that committees pointing fingers and demanding drawn-out testimony is a smokescreen that the U.S. has been using for the better part of sixty years, and it should stop. Condoleeza Rice acted in accordance with what her superiors expected of her. I am not excusing anything she might or might not have done, but I don't think I am going to get any satisfaction to know for sure that she is a cog in a wheel bent on subjugating the World. I just want the subjugation to stop. Any other ideas?
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:03 am
MessiahCarey

#3 baby.

Number fucking three.

What I mean to say is...I'm a good citizen. I pay taxes and like TV. Go Red Sox!

- Shane
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:33 am
A aviator

MessiahCarey wrote:

Fuck the commission, fuck Condi Rice, fuck Bill Clinton, fuck George Bush, fuck John Kerry, fuck Ralph Nader, fuck this whole goddamned fucking shit.

It's all a fucking circus.

I so totally agree w/ you sometimes.

I hate having a fucking government when I feel like I'm doing fine, why the heck do we need it. Oh, yeah cuz there's stupid fucks who run around w/ guns thinking that killing people is the way to solve their problems. Becuase we need rules so we don't all commit crimes against who? and who's $ We need rules and some white dudes thought that we needed people to make sure the rest of us followed the damn rules.

ah fuck it.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:20 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next